Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Staff member retiring (7)

il Numpty >> saturday january 30 - 00:16

The message that I got seems to be ambiguous. 

Staff member Łukasz Kulczyk will retire next season

• Your staff member Łukasz Kulczyk will retire at the end of the season. Łukasz Kulczyk is now the head of your Fanshop but will resign this position at the end of the season.

The message subject says 'will retire next season' but the message itself says 'at the end of the season'. 

Which is it? The end of this season or the end of next season? 

If it's the end of this current season, which I suspect it is, then the message subject is incorrect. He retires this season and not next season. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
au davo >> saturday january 30 - 03:07, Edited saturday january 30 - 03:09

I think if you click on him,it tells you the date.

edit. Yes, it does. March 15 2021 @ 11:00am my time.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
il Numpty >> saturday january 30 - 09:26

Thank you Davo. I'd actually tried that but couldn't see for looking, lol. :D

That date is in 44 days time, which will be week 48 of this season. 

That means the message is wrong. He retires this season, not next season. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> saturday january 30 - 11:06, Edited saturday january 30 - 11:06

I suppose by week 48 the season is over and we're into the end of season friendlies. Or the pre-season friendlies if you prefer to look at it that way.

I've got two retiring this time round. Both have at least put in a shift and are 62 and 63 respectively. Not like some of the slackers in their fifties :)

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> saturday january 30 - 16:55

I think he had aspirations to become a keeper, but I offered him the job of chief scout and told him he would have a life with lots of international travel. 

His English isn't great to be honest - he think Wikileaks is a plumbing business - and it seems he confused scout with spy, so he got very scared and he's now holed up in the Ecuadorean embassy and refusing to come out. What shall I do?

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
il Numpty >> sunday january 31 - 18:06, Edited sunday january 31 - 18:07

Just a thought, staff retire somewhere between 55 and 65. 

So what happens if you have one of the very old players who is already over 65? Can you make him a staff member, and if so would he still retire at some point?

Has anyone ever tried this? 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> sunday january 31 - 18:30

Good question! And as for an answer: no idea!

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach