Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

experience points (12)

br Fran >> saturday april 10 - 21:05

anyone knows a pratical way of calculating the total of experience points that a player has spent? something like looking at the 'times trained' of an attribute and using a formula

br Fran
User
Registered2020-04-08
br Inazuma Eleven
il Numpty >> saturday april 10 - 21:43, Edited saturday april 10 - 21:46

Yes.

I produced a formula for doing this a while ago. It should be on the forum somewhere if you search for it...

Is this what you want?

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/forum/home-en?topic=86721

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
br Fran >> saturday april 10 - 21:57

ohh, thanks Numpty, this is exactly what I was searching, for some reason i couldn't find before

br Fran
User
Registered2020-04-08
br Inazuma Eleven
il Numpty >> saturday april 10 - 22:02, Edited saturday april 10 - 22:03

To be honest I'm a bit surprised that someone else wants it.

I was nuts enough to produce the formulae in the first place - and they seemed about as popular as breaking wind in a lift. :D

I have them coded in a spreadsheet for my own use.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
br Fran >> sunday april 11 - 05:06, Edited sunday april 11 - 05:07

i was really interested in this hahaha, my major interest in this game comes from the progression of young players, which I think is a cool idea, so I was analysing how much xp my youngs could get and the level they can reach. I was surprised that there isn't any answers in your formula post, they are really easy to use if I open a online calculator, copy-paste and substitute

br Fran
User
Registered2020-04-08
br Inazuma Eleven
il Numpty >> sunday april 11 - 07:36

Did you mean you wanted something like a table giving the cost of say 50, 60, 70 etc. trainings? 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
br Fran >> sunday april 11 - 20:31

it isn't what I wanted, but now you have said it, I think it would be a cool idea but not really necessary, it's already possible to do the calculations

however, it gives me a idea of a table doing the relation of star values to number of trainings, is it possible?

for example: a 26 years old player with 120 trainings in scoring haves around 8.65 of value (i've looked at Francis Chalana, one of my players)

there is any means to predict / calculate that?

br Fran
User
Registered2020-04-08
br Inazuma Eleven
il Numpty >> sunday april 11 - 20:37, Edited sunday april 11 - 20:39

I don't have a formula and I doubt if anyone else has. 

It would be possible, in theory, to work it out but it would be an equation with about 9 or 10 variables. It's also non-linear, so it's very complicated. Plus the fact that you're also working with rounded values so that adds to the difficulty.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Lee >> sunday april 11 - 20:46

Numpty - are you a maths professor?

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
br Fran >> sunday april 11 - 20:58

this is a good question Lee

but anyways, I also thought that this calculus would be sooo much beyond, so maybe it's better to not have a headache with it

br Fran
User
Registered2020-04-08
br Inazuma Eleven
il Numpty >> sunday april 11 - 21:17

Lol @Lee, no. :D

Although many years ago I did read the beano at university. Maths was also supposed to be a large part of the curriculum, but the extra-curriculum stuff was much more fun ... :D  

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Lee >> sunday april 11 - 23:33

The Beano was a good read but I was more into the WWII Warlord comic, and Judge Dredd - plus sneaking a read of my brother's Viz.

By 'extra-curricular' I'm assuming you mean the chess club, and debate team?!

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels