Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Wing backs? (6)

us ranks39 >> thursday may 13 - 12:04

Who plays a formation with wing backs?  I really like the idea of providing width and attacking support from the wing back position.  Also, link your wing backs if you want to see how different people assign their attributes.

us ranks39
Registered2013-02-12
eng ipfreely >> wednesday june 9 - 08:14

I have tried it but I find that full-backs with Versatile (and maybe Long Shots) along with Winger/Man Marker get a fair few assists. Just look at Stephen's team!

eng ipfreely
User
Registered2013-12-08
vi Lollapa Losers
eng Stephen >> wednesday june 9 - 10:47

You also need dribbler to make the RB/LB regularly run forward into a position where they can deliver an assist.

A bit like this lad, a Seaburn Beach legend. The greatest player to have ever pulled on the fabled yellow and green:

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-1830416

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
us ranks39 >> wednesday june 9 - 16:29

Thanks for the advice!  I really like using width but I know that certain match engines make it useless!

us ranks39
Registered2013-02-12
eng Stephen >> wednesday june 9 - 17:36

Oh, you can use width alright, just from RB/LB, R(A)M/L(A)M and RF/LF positions :)

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
nl Jrown >> sunday june 27 - 03:09

https://rockingsoccer.com/nl/voetbal/info/player-2100951

I have this homegrown player. Although I played in the 2nd division this season and he is probably a bit overpowered for that, he got a nice amount of goals and assists. 

nl Jrown
User
Registered2013-04-05