Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

language (7)

lu Smooker >> saturday may 15 - 16:55

i bet on a belgian player as a team from luxembourg... it says that the language isnt ok, but for a dutch team, because the player would speak dutch... i live near the luxembourg/belgian border and i dont know one belgian speak dutch, but all of them speak french like the people from luxembourg too... when the language is so importent for  a transfer, then should the language be correct too...

lu Smooker
User
Registered2017-05-10
lu Go Ahead Eagles Beaufort
eng wonderlust >> saturday may 15 - 18:18

Well the game's set up so that players from every nation can speak only one language.  That may not make sense for some nations (or for players spending several seasons abroad) but they'd need to re-program the game to allow it.  Maybe one for the suggestions board?

eng wonderlust
User
Registered2014-10-30
eng Forever We Are Wolves
il Numpty >> saturday may 15 - 18:23, Edited saturday may 15 - 18:34

According to Wiki around 55% speak Dutch as their first language and 16% as a second language making a total of around 71%. The figures for French are 39% as their first language and 49% as a second language making a total of 88% of the population who speak French. 

The distribution is that French is spoken in the south and Dutch in the north. It seems that those who speak Dutch as a first language are quite likely to speak French as a second language, but not many of the French speakers also speak Dutch. They are more likely to speak English!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Belgium

The game appears to only have one language per country. There's a similar 'problem' in other countries. I suppose that could be changed by the developer but it's not very likely.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
lu Smooker >> sunday may 16 - 17:31

next round: a team from ghana, with a manager from israel and the language chinese got a yes for the language and my team from luxembourg or a team from france with the language french a no... i never will understand that, because that was the reason why the team from ghana had a better much chance to get the player... 

and an other try: only 2 teams bet on him... we both with a chance of 50%... and the other team won, but i wanted to pay over 2 million more...

the result is now, that i will never more bet on other player on the transfermarket, i play since now only with my own players from the youth center and i hope, that will do much more.... perhaps rockingsoccer will change then this system...

lu Smooker
User
Registered2017-05-10
lu Go Ahead Eagles Beaufort
il Numpty >> sunday may 16 - 17:49, Edited sunday may 16 - 18:55

@ Smooks

"i never will understand that"

I'm not here to defend how it works but I will at least explain it for you. Insofar as country and language are concerned the country that your team is from has little relevance to the bidding chances. (The only thing it affects is the nationality of players in your youth academy.)

What matters is the nationality and language of the players in your squad and how many there are of them. If you 'mouseover' the Yes/No values it explains how it works. 

Country

• This team has at least 2 players from the same country.

Language

• This team has at least 4 players with the same first language.

Edit

I've also looked at the team from Ghana that you mention. They have 4 players from the Netherlands who, of course, speak Dutch. So that is the reason the team met the language criterion.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
il Numpty >> sunday may 16 - 18:54

I realise this is not very scientific but in the Belgian league there are a total of 41 managers who have the Belgian flag next to their name.  

These have chosen to set the following in their profile as their main or preferred language:

• Dutch 32
  • English 5
  • French 2
  • Chinese 2
il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ua Garfman >> monday may 17 - 06:53

@smooks An alternative would be to buy two very bad Belgian players (or any other player with the Dutch language), try to buy the players that you want, and then fire those players. To be clear, though, there are no guarantees on the transfer market. All you can do is increase your chances to be successful.

ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registered2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC