Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

Buy below bank value ? (6)

fr TONTONKAL >> monday may 17 - 18:15

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy a player below bank value ?

fr TONTONKAL
Registered2013-05-30
il Numpty >> monday may 17 - 18:29, Edited monday may 17 - 18:30

Not under normal circumstances. The lowest you can bid is 80% of the market value which is also the bank value. 

However, if high value player doesn't get any bids and is reduced in price then you can bid 80% of the new asking price - even if that's below the max bank value of $25 million. 

You can also bid less for a player listed as 'not needed' on his profile. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
fr TONTONKAL >> monday may 17 - 18:37

Thanks Numpty for this very clear response. 
in case of such a bid, the seller had no option to sell to the bank instead for more money ?

fr TONTONKAL
Registered2013-05-30
il Numpty >> monday may 17 - 19:04, Edited monday may 17 - 19:11

Correct. Once you get any bid - even an underbid - then you can't sell the player to the bank. 

If it's a high value player with multiple price reductions then the wise thing to do is to take the $25 million if the next price reduction would be below $31 million. Either that or be prepared to refuse any underbids and relist the player for a 2nd time.  

An 80% underbid at $31 million is $24.8 million - so that should be your lowest asking price before taking the bank money. 

If you let the price drop to (say) $28 million I could make an underbid of $22.4 million and then you can't take the bank value. 

Speaking from the point of view of a bidder, then if I were going to make an underbid on such a player I would at least offer a little over $25 million. It gives the seller less of a reason to say no, and probably prevents him from getting annoyed at the situation. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
fr TONTONKAL >> monday may 17 - 20:20

Thank you

fr TONTONKAL
Registered2013-05-30
eng Dragontao >> tuesday may 18 - 18:38

While I normally don't let asking price drop to that level, occaisionally I might for various reasons.

If somebody has the chance of getting a very good player at a price the same or just above what the bank would pay and then bid lower, I'll reject it every time because they are stealing the urine. If that happens I simply refuse the bid, list the player again at max value with sell to the bank selected in the case of no bids. Only an extra day on the market.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2