Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

money or fans for my team. (21)

pii >> monday july 5 - 14:42
My league is very balance right now and i'm 18 dayz into my project bring back the club glory dayz...
My mission
I wanna rebuild this club, to be the best at least locally. Build stadium 200k.
My question
What facility should i double staff, for the best benefits in the long run.
Catering for extra money now, better than my rival later.
Or
Fanshop is more important right now.
At least my club is 1m popularily better than the rest of the clubs in my league...
pii
User
Registered2019-09-02
il Numpty >> monday july 5 - 14:55, Edited monday july 5 - 15:10

Good question. 

For me there's not a clear cut answer because you are probably on the cusp of whether it's best to keep building popularity or maximise your income through catering. The stadium size makes a difference as well. Double catering won't give nearly as much benefit as you'd get with Stadium 10. 

On balance I would go for double fan shop staff until you had Stadium 10 and then switch to double catering.

Unfortunately your club was further demolished by one of the well-known jumpers. 

It may help your decision to consider how much popularity you will need in the future.

When you build stadium 10 you can fill that against bots with around 5.3 million popularity. [Assuming Stadium staff and live attendance.] So  you'll easily achieve that by the time you build it. 

But if you have a long term plan then you will need a lot more popularity for when you build Stadium 11. You need around 9 million popularity to fill it against bots and/or other teams with less than 40%. Which will likely be at least half the teams in your league. [Same assumptions as before.]

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
pii >> monday july 5 - 16:14
thank you.
thats helpful
The jumpers don't really have purpose, i wouldn't swap any club or league if i had got this team with 7m popularity, 120k capacity, and the league very balance, what else could i've asked for.
pii
User
Registered2019-09-02
nl Losing >> wednesday july 7 - 08:06

I would like to add that you don't need 9m popularity to build stadium 11. You can build it way earlier, and the break-even point where the extra income outweighs the extra costs is well before you fill it up. It's different in every league where that point is. You have enough opponents with popularity for me to expect you to reach that point before it's even possible to build both stadion 10 and 11. You are probably past it already.

If you finish stadium 11 right at the break-even, it does mean you just invested 1 billion without any immediate returns, so that is a decision to make for yourself, but the returns do increase every season. And I think by the time you have the money to build it, you will be well above that point. I'd go for stadium 11 asap. But more popularity also means those returns will be significantly higher from the start, so I'd still go for double fanshop for at least a while like Numpty said, and try to make more money in other areas. If you keep your team just good enough to not relegate, you can make money pretty quickly with stadium 10 + farming as many players as you can since you barely have to invest in players to be competitive.

That way it probably takes at most half a season longer before you get stadium 11, but it sets you up for a way higher income after you build it. If you farm players (which seeing your team you were probably planning to anyway), I think an extra staff member on your FA makes you more money than on catering since most players will reach their max bank value a season earlier than they otherwise would.

And I agree, the previous manager also had a great set up in terms of FA and youth center. You're not gonna find many better starts to a team than that in this game. Even with the team further demolished like it is now you still have a very good set-up to start with, though FA1 might be a bit much with stadium 9 but seeing the construction costs and the bonus to XP I wouldn't downgrade it. I'd want to keep that, but not increase it until you have stadium 11.

nl Losing
User
Registered2017-05-06
pii >> wednesday july 7 - 08:54, Edited wednesday july 7 - 09:04
thanks @losing
i ll start by appointing a second staff on fanshop.
but i will have to wait for a while to remove one of the catering.
my short plan
is to start stadium level 10 next transfer window, bcos i missed this window, i will either appoint two CM during this period aswell.
i don't plan to upgrade my fa or ya any further for now.
I won't remain competitive for now, But i will avoid relegation, after i might've sale my current stars to build level 10 stadium.
pii
User
Registered2019-09-02
il Numpty >> wednesday july 7 - 11:55

Yes, your priority is to build Stadium 10. 

After that it'll take a good while to find the money for Stadium 11. The break even point for Stadium 11 is an average attendance of around 120,000, and you should easily be getting a lot more than that by the time you build it.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Losing >> wednesday july 7 - 17:08

Yeah, avoiding relegation is what I meant with staying competitive. Seems pretty easy in your league, so no worries. Youth players plus a keeper and maybe one adequate player in every line is more than enough.

nl Losing
User
Registered2017-05-06
pii >> wednesday july 7 - 17:27, Edited wednesday july 7 - 17:35
Thanks at both @numpty and @losing.

what are the kind of players are best bought for farming purpose.
mostly 14-16 will normally take up 3 to 4 season to reach over 30m value.
some of them will be trained with special trait to raise value.
my latest buy is 14.8m, youth.
pii
User
Registered2019-09-02
nl Losing >> wednesday july 7 - 17:41

I always search for 15yo and lower with my first time and 16yo and lower with my second team (more training spots means I have to lower standards) that are ideally under 8 million in transfer costs. Sometimes you will get a good one for under 3 million, sometimes you have to pay thrice that to fill up your team. Also my minimum talent is set to 4.8 since you want to avoid YC9 and lower players. 3 to 4 seasons, sometimes 5, is what they take for me too.

nl Losing
User
Registered2017-05-06
il Numpty >> wednesday july 7 - 18:01, Edited wednesday july 7 - 18:05

Buying good crops for farming is hard and can be fairly time consuming.

The best kind of players are those that will rise in value quickly. Ideally you want to make a good quick profit with every player you buy. That's not easy.

The difficulty is that the best players for farming are always strongly contested and the price goes up which make them far less profitable. There's not much point paying 20 million for a player and 4 seasons later you sell him for 25. 

So to make a good profit then you either get lucky and get great players at bargain prices - or you need to look for value where maybe others can't see it and hope to find players that you can make a decent profit on which aren't necessarily the best available. 

To do that you have to study the way players' value changes over time and develop your own judgement.   

The main things that I consider are their age, current value, rating, position, the way they are trained and of course the asking price. These all have a bearing on the potential profit.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
pii >> thursday july 8 - 07:07
thanks guys.
pii
User
Registered2019-09-02
ua Good bye >> friday july 9 - 13:52, Edited friday july 9 - 13:54

You have been given much advices like the ones given to me, so let's see if you can listen to this awesome tips from Great managers. I hope you stay and develop the team as you said. @ pii

Weldoneguys.

ua Good bye
Registered2020-09-15
pii >> friday july 9 - 17:36
@RS
i don't joke with my words
pii
User
Registered2019-09-02
ua Good bye >> friday july 9 - 19:05

Well, that's okay.

The Universe will be your strength.

ua Good bye
Registered2020-09-15
pii >> wednesday august 18 - 13:17, Edited wednesday august 18 - 13:52
Hi guys help solve my maths.

i've gathered the required money needed to trigger the development of my stadium level 10..
due to construction master bug i need to be very careful.

so i want to double up my CM first.
i have 2 fanshop staffs recently appointed, but in 9days i can remove one FS staff..
is it worth to wait this far?
the 2nd CM staff is just additional skill 4, Making it a total of 9 skills bonus.
should i start build now and appoint CM later, or wait 9days until i appoint 2nd staff, the 2nd staff might not reduce upto that 9days.
or should i just fire the fanshop staff now since his just an ugly who just 5 skills today, 8 talents.
pii
User
Registered2019-09-02