Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Is the transfer market dead? (14)

it Karlacci >> thursday december 9 - 14:36, Edited thursday december 9 - 21:40

It is really difficult to play if you fail to sell a player (average 13, 30y), at the minimum value that the game allows you. Is there still a market? Because it's madness to have to fire him. One solution could be to open auctions with a "zero" value

Ok, i can "sell to the bank", but player dies.

or worse, I can't sell him, 23 years old. It's possible? In my opinion, a new solution is needed. Or the "values" are out of order

*player link removed*

Tnks

it Karlacci
User
Registered2016-07-04
it 5 PIOTTE FC
il Numpty >> thursday december 9 - 15:23, Edited thursday december 9 - 15:26

The difficulty is that the game assigned 'market value' of the players does not match their true value, which is the amount that most people might be prepared to pay. 

This causes a real problem when trying to sell them as sometimes it can take over a week of price reductions to get the asking price down to a point where you can attract bids.   

This problem has been raised many times before, but unfortunately without the developer there is no solution. In my view the easiest solution would be to remove the minimum asking price.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
it Karlacci >> thursday december 9 - 19:36

yes, it's the only solution.

But devs?

I don't follow the forum a lot but .... are they gone?
it Karlacci
User
Registered2016-07-04
it 5 PIOTTE FC
bg mo >> thursday december 9 - 20:43

Yes, no devs, the game is in coma, devs are gone, we are waiting for the end ...maybe

bg mo
User
Registered2013-07-25
bg FC Smunck
ua CristianS9 >> thursday december 9 - 20:54, Edited thursday december 9 - 21:05

The fewer active managers, the harder things will get (less transfer activity, less competition, less manager interaction= less joy and in the end it will collapse- who is going to pay when there'll be no competition or lesser and lesser competition?) Who's the game going to survive without anyone or few managers paying for VIP? 

ua CristianS9
User
Registered2021-09-19
eng Stephen >> thursday december 9 - 21:38, Edited thursday december 9 - 21:44

@Karlacci - there's still a market for players, but it's not easy and there's not a market for all players. He is just not interesting enough to many managers. Probably managers he might be of interest to can't afford him. The problem with being a new manager (one year or less) is that you have to spend the first few months maximising the starters bonus so there's no money for transfers and once you've done that, you start looking at players who are better than yours.

Sometimes it's best to just take the bank money and move on. There's a huge problem with over-supply of players and not enough demand for them. A big influx of new, committed managers would help to some extent.

The problem @numpty highlights about market value is a real one. And @davo has pointed out elsewhere recently that some sellers don't really want to sell. They only want to find a sucker to pay them more money than the player is really worth.

I've had to remove that link to your player because he is on the transfer list.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng holt >> friday december 10 - 05:12

@Stephen If there isn't a market for core team players of mid to high level clubs, it's debatable whether there is a market at all.

@Karlacci Very few managers are willing to buy these players too because they have no resale value. It's a vicious cycle.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng Stephen >> friday december 10 - 07:34

@holt I disagree with you. This guy doesn't have a market because he just isn't very good:

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2257592

I would argue that if the manager in question had trained the 'aggressive' player as a defender or at least not put three balls of tactics on a forward, then perhaps there would have been a buyer.

Ultimately, there is still a market but, as I said before, it's not easy. The market is vastly different to what it was like two years ago and I use different strategies to how I behaved then. I can well imagine that this strategy will have to keep evolving.

And I recognise that not being a VIP and being able to sell only two players at once will be a massive pain in this sort of environment.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
au davo >> friday december 10 - 08:44

The market is not completely dead, but the only players commanding large transfer fees are YA5 players. I have bought $RSD740m on 4 first team players in this transfer window.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
il Numpty >> friday december 10 - 12:21

I think @Stephen's being quite generous about the player in question.

If the bank value wasn't available he would be worth no more than $10 million at best. In real life terms he's maybe a semi-pro. Selling him to the bank was the correct option.

He's a good player in the lower levels of mainly bot leagues, a poor to average player in the lower level of human leagues, a weak player in the intermediate leagues and just cannon fodder above that. Training him any differently wouldn't alter that.

No sensible human manager would want to buy him for anywhere near the bank value simply because you can buy much better players for $25 million. 

There's actually a massive market for players like these when they are younger. They are keenly fought over so they can trained up and sold to the bank for a profit. That's all they are good for. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng holt >> monday december 13 - 13:18, Edited monday december 13 - 13:19

@Stephen The player you've taken as an example isn't a good player at all, even for the middle clubs.

Here are my examples:

Players like these aren't expected to stay a long time, but when they are at a mid level club they are well worth their weight in gold. 22 million is an absolute pittance. Sure, you could try to loan in some youngsters of the same quality, but you're still shelling out >10 million and there are better ways to get your hair beached.

Stable players that will last atleast 10 seasons before declining. No buyers.

My own player. Cannon fodder but would enjoy a good career in lower leagues if anyone was there to buy him.

The market hasn't changed over the two years w.r.t. the tropes of transfers (from loan mania to farming to journeymen).

It's just that the lack of managers in lower divisions and smaller leagues has amplified the now-prominent types of transfers. Bots don't trade like humans at all, as I'm fairly certain that atleast some balance would be brought to the system with more managers.

If only could sustain the Vincent search party for long enough...

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
au davo >> monday december 13 - 22:54

I couldn't even get anyone to bid $65m on this guy:

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2295625

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
tc ... >> tuesday december 14 - 02:15

This game is the true embodiment of Icarus. If we fly to the close to the sun, we'll end up falling to the ground in massive debt O_O

tc ...
User
Registered2014-04-05
kn Phoenix T&C
us Mercuric >> tuesday december 14 - 04:56, Edited tuesday december 14 - 05:00

I managed to sell 2 of my over 21, not very good players for about 1/4 to a 1/3 of their market value.  Luckily the transfers were approved or I would have had to sell them to the bank since there wouldn't have been time to start the relisting process over to get their price down to what they were actually worth.

The market for U21 players is quite competitive, though, it's harder to fill out my roster with low end players I simply plan to sell later than it is to find and win a future supertalent with the traits I like.

us Mercuric
User
Registered2014-08-15