Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

#SaveTheGame (433)

eng holt >> saturday june 27 - 11:58

@Numpty lidraughts.org it shall be then.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
il Numpty >> saturday june 27 - 12:54

I had a quick look, but they don't appear to have checkers as an option.  

American checkers - also known as English draughts - has a completely different set of rules to Russian and other International variants. 

If you're up for a game I'm sure we can find a few checkers web sites to choose from. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng holt >> saturday june 27 - 13:29, Edited sunday june 28 - 04:55

I know,but I thought that you were referring to the international version.

Edit:You decide.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ro RSM >> saturday june 27 - 13:44

I just saw that the generation argument has been brought into this :) I think it has nothing to do with age, it's just that life has a different pace now and our brains are bombarded with lots of stuff.

ro RSM
Community admin
Registered2013-03-19
ro RS FC
ee onuelver >> saturday june 27 - 13:51

At least i should not be millenial: born in 1998 and patient enough to wait over 30 seasons promotion to League 1 :D 

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
py Cayetano >> saturday june 27 - 15:51

- "Tú no has ganado nada", José Luis Chilavert

- "You have won nothing", José Luis Chilavert

py Cayetano
User
Registered2013-04-07
eng Proper Top Gaffer >> sunday june 28 - 00:27

Lads, an idea.

What if we pool our money together and just buy RS? Become new owners and all.

eng Proper Top Gaffer
User
Registered2014-03-12
eng AFC Cumbria United
eng holt >> sunday june 28 - 05:01

@Proper Top Gaffer It's probably going to cost much more than you think you will.What happens after you buy it? If you were to make a board of directors,who's going to be included? What about the months of ensuing debate as to which direction the game needs to be taken forward?

There are a lot of variables that need to be accounted for before any such decision must be made.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ua Kalle >> sunday june 28 - 05:16, Edited sunday june 28 - 05:17

@Losing,a millenial can never be older than 20 at the moment, since the millennium is only 20 years and 6 months old.

The definition of a millenial is someone born in this millennium, hence 2000 or later. 

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
gr PMK >> sunday june 28 - 05:38

Millenials are born between 1981 and 1996. Next generation (1997-2012) is generation Z or Zoomers. 

gr PMK
User
Registered2013-09-20
ua Kalle >> sunday june 28 - 05:46

Well than i blame the zoomers :) didn't know we had any generation purists here :)

My point was thats todays kids don't have patience

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
nl Losing >> sunday june 28 - 13:46

Millennials are people who were kids at the change of the millennium. I still don't agree because it's a thing that is common to kids of any generation and now exploited and amplified by corporations more than ever, not something inherent to kids that happen to live now. The same things were said about kids 2000 years ago. But at least you're using the right generation now :)

nl Losing
User
Registered2017-05-06
au davo >> monday june 29 - 00:05

To a certain extent, every generation is the same. As George Orwell said "Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it." 

As far as instant gratification is concerned, millenials have grown up only knowing it. Previous generations may remember the time before it, but we have also become very used to it. While Gen-X's like myself are more inclined to choose delayed gratification for the important life choices I am pretty sure that, for trivial things such as playing online games, there is not much difference to the outlooks of generations.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27