Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

It's for the KOP (1052)

lt Justas >> monday march 24 - 11:23
LFC should struggle at CL, because we don't have proper bench players. It's too short/weak.

However, I heard (don't know if it's 100% true) that if LFC will get to the CL (almost guaranteed now keeping in mind Arsenal upcoming matches and their current form) - Rodgers will get 60M$ to spent on players in transfer market.

That's a huge amount of money to improve first squad, our bench will become stronger too automatically. And also we have some decent/good players on loan, f.e. Suso and Borini. It's almost guaranteed that Suso will be taken back at the end of the season, on the other hand, I don't know anything about Borini.

Borini is the 1st squad player in Sunderland, of course, he won't be given so many games in LFC, but it should be a good replacement for our deadly strikers in some easier games at EPL.

One way or another, the future is bright once again for Liverpool!

YNWA!
lt Justas
User
Registered2014-01-08
nz Luke Broadcast >> monday march 24 - 17:51
you need to replace all defenders in starting line up....to concede 2 or 3 goals every game is too much. skrtel, agger, kolo toure and sakho are all very error-prone (mignolet not good enough as well), glen johson and flanagan dont know much about defending as well, they are only good when attacking....but true, this deadly attack of yours will help you win games but it is not enough vs bigger teams (for example suarez got 3 touches vs chelsea in the second half when luiz and mikel on his back).....
nz Luke Broadcast
Registered2013-09-18
lt Justas >> monday march 24 - 19:51, Edited monday march 24 - 19:53
If you watched first epl games, you should saw that LFC had good defence, actualy. Don't blame defenders for conceded goals, Rodgers uses very offensive tactics, that's why just Suarez + Sturridge have more goals scored than most of EPL clubs. City once won title with such a tactic all season.

Of course, defenders make mistakes, actually a lot of them recently, that's unnaceptable, but don't forget the fact, that our defense line were/are injured a lot too.

One way or another, 1-2 good first squad defenders during transfer window would be wonderful. But I fully disagree, that we need to change them all. We just need to slightly improve the quality and more depth at the bench is a must.

Mignolet is very good actually, as I said, it's hard for defenders and GK to play with this Rodgers offensive strategy. That's the main reason, we don't have Reina as main GK (loaned), he was superb GK, but he's not suited for that kind of game LFC plays.
lt Justas
User
Registered2014-01-08
no Lied >> monday march 24 - 23:24
Agreed, you can't expect to not concede goals when you play attacking fast paced football. Even teams like Barcelona and Bayern are completely exposed at times because of their playstyle, but their players are so in control of the ball that it rarely backfires.
no Lied
Registered2013-04-28
nz Luke Broadcast >> tuesday march 25 - 06:35
yeah, and thats a way to play against cardiff. not man city and chelsea....
nz Luke Broadcast
Registered2013-09-18
lt Justas >> tuesday march 25 - 08:42
Torres, why are you mentioning games against City and Chelsea so much? We played both these game long time ago, and it was only 3 days difference between them. Both these games were away, and you do remember city form on home games? They were destroying everyone.

Also, we didn't have Sturridge and Gerrard on those games. And what I just said about our bench problems?

After all, we lost both these matches away with minimum difference (1:2 both). And we even managed to score first in both matches. But as I said, LFC isn't supposed to park the bus and try to secure the victory, that's not the way LFC with Rodgers works. Also, vs City we scored 100% goal, which was denied because of the offside, when it was surely seen, that there was no offside. But that's the whole new topic.

What I wanna said, LFC played pretty well in these games. And yes, it wasn't hard for chelsea to deny Suarez from the ball, but it would be much harder, when there would be Gerrard with his wonderful assists and Sturridge, which is must to defend against to. Also, the action will be in Anfield, too :)
lt Justas
User
Registered2014-01-08
nz Luke Broadcast >> tuesday march 25 - 19:48
god, man united. 42 seconds and 0-1 down. i was hoping they help us a bit :D
nz Luke Broadcast
Registered2013-09-18
lt Justas >> tuesday march 25 - 19:54
Yeah, that's unbelievable. I guess, it's the firs time I'm hoping for MU win and they concede a goal in the 1st minute.. Karma is a bitch :D
lt Justas
User
Registered2014-01-08
lt Justas >> tuesday april 1 - 08:05, Edited tuesday april 1 - 08:08
Maybe a little bit too late, but previous round was awesome for LFC.

For those, who didn't followed, Chelsea lost vs Crystal Palace and Man City only managed to take 1 point in the match against Arsenal. While LFC destroyed Tottenham 4:0.

Now, everything is in our hands. If we'll win 6 remaining matches, we'll be champioms!

Of course it won't be easy, Chelsea and Man City awaits, bet they will have to play in Anfield, and in this season, we already showed, that noone gets out of Anfield happy, ex. LFC fans!

YNWA!
lt Justas
User
Registered2014-01-08
bn Mercedes-Benz >> friday april 11 - 11:55
Wait so many years of the league championship, which is our closest championship once, seize the opportunity, here is Anfield。
YNWA!
bn Mercedes-Benz
Registered2013-10-22
lt Arunas Valickas Jr. >> sunday april 13 - 08:29
So today match against Man City. If Liverpool win title is ALMOST our.
YNWA!
lt Arunas Valickas Jr.
User
Registered2013-02-07
nz Luke Broadcast >> sunday april 13 - 08:47
if liverpool win today, title is in chelsea hands again :) so i hope they win as well
nz Luke Broadcast
Registered2013-09-18
lt Justas >> sunday april 13 - 08:51
Chelsea will play against Liverpool in between their CL games :) City is the main threat, Chelsea isn't our concern at least for now
lt Justas
User
Registered2014-01-08
lt Arunas Valickas Jr. >> sunday april 13 - 09:12
Mourinho even said they are out of champion title race. Of course it's Mourinho but now they are thinking only about champions league. And they should in match against Liverpool try to save some better players for match vs Atletico. And Liverpool both matches against M.City and Chelsea will play at home :)
lt Arunas Valickas Jr.
User
Registered2013-02-07
nz Luke Broadcast >> sunday april 13 - 09:23
if liverpool win today and chelsea is successful against swansea tonight, chelsea is going for the win vs liverpool (not resting anybody). that is 100% sure...
nz Luke Broadcast
Registered2013-09-18