Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

progression (24)

eng M >> sunday december 22 - 20:26

Thanks again for replies.

Firstly I am not complaining about timescales or how quick it is to succeed,in fact I was not complaining other that I noticed the sudden steapness of the game at a certain level due to being a lot newer than the most 

I just state the incentive to keep struggling because the rewards are not worth the same as dropping down intentionaly to lower divisions, and dropping down you are forcing other newer managers against you. 

What is RS? and how do i take my current team to another country?  Whats wrong with wanting to play in my country if I so wish and recognise the sudden steap wall I have hit at a certain point due to certain things the game does or doesnt offer? Its an old game and newer managers if they grow quickly to a certain level are just making it even constantly steaper wall for any manager behind them? is the answer to just not join certain leagues? 

Can you please not reply saying things like "bullshit" . Its rude and you can give advice without the curses. Thanks.

I reply and i will say "i want to play in my country" . So I guess the answer I found was that conditions are probably impossible to play in and reaching the top is also impossible and thats probably a better answer than I could have asked for. Thanks Mr Admin for helping me understand more of the game now and doubt I'll be staying much longer to waste my time. LOL!

eng M
Registered2018-05-30
il Numpty >> sunday december 22 - 21:00

I prefer 'bovine scatology' myself. 

If you must use curses then at least do it with style!

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Losing >> monday december 23 - 11:12

I want to add that playing in small leagues so you can get to the top seems extremely boring to me. No challenge until you get to the point where you're in between teams that'll take you years to catch up to and well above bot teams. At least in the bigger leagues you'll get some opponents at your own level most of the way to the top so you can't calculate the number of points you'll get beforehand.

nl Losing
User
Registered2017-05-06
nl JvB >> monday december 23 - 17:15

Fun to read this topic. Most of you making solid points.There are so many ways to play this game, but you have to be willing thinking long term, that is the strength of this game and that is the challenge. For those who want to be the best within a year, RS is not your game.

For me this game is about the development of your club, with now and then some strong team performances. I don't try to have the best team AND improve my club as much as possible. I choose between them. 

That doesn't mean you shouldn't improve your team at all. Like mentioned in this topic before, choose your battles. My current battle is to improve my club as fast as possible without degrading to third division.

Somewhere in 2021 I will claim my spot in division 1 and will try to fight for European tickets. I am certain that I will be able to compete by then and it is fun to work to that moment. In the past I had a goal to become champion in division 2. I succeeded and immediately chose to sell several players to earn more money for my next goal, upgrading buildings and improving my club instead of my team.

It is all about choices. I disagree to those that state it is impossible to catch up. It takes time, but it is possible, you just have to make choices. Look at your spending pattern. If you choose to upgrade your buildings AND improve your team, both would go slower compared to choose one of the two. As mentioned I currently choose to earn money and upgrade buildings and I try to spend as less as possible on my team to stay in division 2, because I think in division 3 I will get less income from matches.

So make your choices. Here is a small one to think about for the starting managers: If you choose for long term then also consider when you need to upgrade your medical and scouting building. You will only need them once you start creating a good team, so why bother spending time and money to them in the early stages of your RS career?

nl JvB
User
Registered2017-12-31
nl Jeka
il Numpty >> tuesday december 24 - 14:03, Edited tuesday december 24 - 14:08

Some good points @JVB.

I agree it's about making choices, if you're starting out then the fastest way to make progress is to concentrate on building the club. 

In answer to your rhetorical question about the health centre and scout office. I would say that are both important in the early stages. To gain popularity quickly then you need 5 or 6 popular players and you don't want them getting injured.  The scout office is not essential at the start  but once you have a decent TC then buying and selling players can be a significant source of income.   In my opinion it's the youth centre and catering that aren't necessary in the very early stages. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng M >> tuesday december 24 - 22:05

Nice reply JVB,thats more like it.

I like that going up uou probably get a little extra for matches. Did you not notice a decline in fan base though due to more losses in division 2 rather than 3? Is it really worth the struggle? This is part of my point in promoting up rather than staying down.

Many thanks. Happy christmas everyone!

eng M
Registered2018-05-30
nl JvB >> tuesday december 24 - 22:24

@ Numpty, I fully agree on YC being less important than most of the managers think. Up until YA3 it doesn't matter much if you want to play at the top. Furthermore, all buildings have it's advantages, so also Medical centre and the scout office. Also if you have better players, you can win more or play on a higher level and gain more popularity or earn more money. The trick is to find out what gives you the most advantages. This will be different for each career phase.

For example, 2 employees on your TC trains your players faster, but if you don't do many transfers, your not focusing enough on earning money. If you have CM's (except for the current bug) to build faster, but once you finished your building, you don't have enough money to build the next one, you don't make the right choices.

So I think there is not 1 strategy to get to the top, there are multiple strategies and the most important lesson is, there are ways to the top! I recently saw a team with 5M popularity, stadium 11, TA5 and YA4!

nl JvB
User
Registered2017-12-31
nl Jeka
nl JvB >> wednesday december 25 - 14:33

@ Silly Sausage, no I didnt notice, but I had a perfect timing, I got promotion 2 days after I finished stadium 10, so i got way more visitors and I finished fanshop 10 at the beginning of that season. So I dont have a good comparison. I do know I have one of the biggest increases in popularity in the Netherlands in the last couple of seasons, so the impact was not that great. It could be that it is not optimal, but we all need some fun challenges during that earning money and upgrade buildings phase.

nl JvB
User
Registered2017-12-31
nl Jeka
eng wonderlust >> thursday january 2 - 19:16

Agree they are valid points - but it's only part of the story.

If I ran a game like this, I'd want to get as many people playing it as possible.  That involves making it attractive to new players.  However, a game with the chances of short-term success is more likely to attract players who don't stick around for long, especially if they don't get that instant hit they're looking for.  A game like this doesn't make much money from them as they're not as likely to buy 12 VIP tokens if they might not use them up.

So you need to attract and keep the long-term types, who can be split into 2 approximate categories - those who want success and those who just play for fun.  In the former category, some will be good (or lucky) enough to make it to the top and some won't make it; the latter will leave after a while with the former staying for as long as they enjoy being successful.  The play-for-fun types will mostly stick around whatever happens.

So make it too hard to get to the top and the only ones you should keep hold of but won't are those who play this game for long-term success but don't get it.  I don't think that's a particularly big proportion of players, even if they do bring in a decent bit of membership cash.

TL;DR - I don't think it matters that much how hard it is to get to the top; some will be successful and they'll stick around for as long as the game is interesting enough; most others will stick around or leave regardless.

eng wonderlust
User
Registered2014-10-30
eng Forever We Are Wolves