Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

TV-revenue - too low, promotion discouraged? (24)

eng Stephen >> thursday april 8 - 16:52

I'm not losing money. What's that? *checks finances* Bugger.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng holt >> thursday april 8 - 17:44

Why worry when you can exchange credits for l'argent de poche?

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
il Numpty >> thursday april 8 - 18:00, Edited thursday april 8 - 18:02

I do like Kupus' idea of the buildings not lasting forever.

Maybe one way to achieve this is for the maintenance cost of buildings to increase every season until it becomes unmanageable, and this could be reset to the intial cost by paying for a refurbishment or choose to downgrade if the costs are unaffordable. This would mirror real life. 

But it doesn't really deal with the issue that was raised, which is how to make promotion more attractive and relegation something to be avoided? 

So that means there has to be a greater financial incentive. What the game calls 'TV revenue' is more like league prize money. This could be renamed and TV rights added as an extra.

I think there needs to be other incentives too. Maybe each promotion to a new level could give increases to the player training rate, youth academy, popularity and attendances. Relegation would do the opposite. 

It has to be enough of an incentive that everyone always wants to be promoted. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> thursday april 8 - 20:03

It's difficult to balance that though. If your players train better in the third tier, each season that passes means the fourth tier teams fall further behind, wouldn't it?

Maybe parachute payments for relegation would be fairer? You got up, you got relegated, but you get a wedge of cash to help you improve and get back.

A popularity boost would have been good.

Personally, just the challenge of playing against better teams always made me strive to push for promotion. Maybe I'd feel differently starting now, but I had my backside handed to me enough times in the early days of my time in the top flight.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> thursday april 8 - 21:04

I think there was probably a big difference from when I started, which was 6 or 7 years behind. By that time all the top clubs had Stadium 11 and most already had level 3 or 4 academies. 

If I did well I could potentially climb to the top league in a reasonable timeframe but would still be a very long way behind on income and all facilities and difficult to make further progress. So I took the decision very early to concentrate on building the club first and then we'd be in a much stronger position when reaching the top flight.  

As things stand my current plan is to stay in level 2 for a while as that seems the best place to make money without having to spend too much on players. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Taavi >> thursday april 8 - 21:06

Mavi made a 2nd team and won NACL from scratch , Koen might win it this season , they caught up with everyone in 2 years , just put the effort in.

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
eng Stephen >> thursday april 8 - 21:29

There's different ways to go. It's a game, so the primary purpose should probably be enjoyment.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> thursday april 8 - 21:44

Thanks for the tip Taavi, it's appreciated. :D :D

I'm going to go the extra mile ... apply elbow grease ... work my fingers to the bone ... put shoulder to the wheel ... nose to the grindstone ... fight tooth and nail ...

After all that I'll be well trained for my new job as a contortionist. :D

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
au davo >> friday april 9 - 04:13

It's really not that difficult to progress with the starter bonus.

I have had a temporary satellite club for just under 7 weeks, so just under a season. My stadium 4 is about to finish and, had the team not been temporary, I would not have spent all my money on the TM and I would have about $50m in the bank. 

Obviously if I were planning on continuing with the team I would have concentrated more on building up the fanbase, but my $45m on the TM has helped me get promoted and rise to 5th place in the division above, above several established clubs.

What a season could get you:

Fanshop 2

Catering 1

Health center 3

Office 1

Scout's office 2

Stadium 3 +

Training complex 7

Youth center 6

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27