Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Invincible Delft (or so it was?) (36)

eng Stephen >> thursday april 8 - 10:52

A fair point @Garfman

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> thursday april 8 - 11:26, Edited thursday april 8 - 11:28

Was this a problem raised in the bugs forum? The last reference I can find to Vincent fixing a World Cup problem was back in June of last year, which was nearly a year ago.

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/forum/bugs?topic=86659 

I think we'd probably all agree that Vincent losing his team is not really an issue and maybe even a good thing if it frees up his time to fix problems. 

But unfortunately that doesn't seem very likely. Losing his team is rather much more indicative of the fact that he's not spending any time on the game and simply reinforces the belief that he's even less likely to fix problems in a timely manner and/or do any development. 

This is further reinforced by his history of losing interest and partially abandoning his previous games.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ua Garfman >> thursday april 8 - 12:04

No, this issue was at the end of last February. World Cup 59 was missing. I guess it wasn't widely reported yet, just by the user Aad Mansveld.

ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registered2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC
il Numpty >> thursday april 8 - 12:18

Okay, thanks. I guess this was raised in the Dutch forum? :D

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng holt >> thursday april 8 - 12:25

Atleast he said that he'll keep the game running in that news article...

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
hr Kupus >> thursday april 8 - 13:09

In all honesty, Vincent having a team bothered a lot of users in the first place. I did not care myself but know this was mentioned from time to time in the forum.

In my opinion he should of course play the game to get the users perspective but I personally believe that he should have done it with an alias and not his real account. Not that it makes much difference but it looks better.

So I agree that him losing the team does not mean much at all. I´m actually just surprised he did not left his team much earlier. Thing is that to be successful at that level still requires some time and to combine that with running the site for me always seemed a bit too much.

hr Kupus
Community admin
Registered2015-10-14
de Regnum Croatorum
ua Garfman >> thursday april 8 - 13:51

@Numpty Correct :-)

ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registered2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC
ua Kalle >> thursday april 8 - 14:27

@Kupus he once stated in the beginning that he just had a team to see how things worked ect and that eventually he would abandon the top level. Only it happened about 40 seasons and a lot of silverware later than he initially said :p

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
eng Stephen >> thursday april 8 - 16:29

I assume if he was really trying he would have won everything over and over again. He did things like sell off his entire team and get rid of key players.

I never had a problem with him essentially doing an extended user test. 

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> thursday april 8 - 17:09, Edited thursday april 8 - 17:13

Me neither.

Although knowing the internals of the software and the match engine does  give you some advantages - especially at the start of the game when everyone else is in the dark - it's not necessarily going to win you everything when playing against other experienced gamers once they are up to speed with how the game works. Game inventors don't always make the best players.

In some respects it also makes Koen's achievements while playing in the same league all the more worthy. 

I am sympathetic to Kupus' view about using an alias, but if that had been revealed at some future point then the fallout would probably have been worse than just playing under his own name.  At least that kept it open and honest.  

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> thursday april 8 - 19:52

He always said he wasn't particularly trying and I've no seen no reason to disbelieve him. But yes, the Dutch league was once extremely strong and Koen's achievements should never be underestimated, even though he's not in the top 5 managers in the game ;)

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ee Taavi >> thursday april 8 - 20:59

Lets be clear, i am nr.1 right?

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
il Numpty >> thursday april 8 - 21:06

I heard you were a number 2 :D

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> thursday april 8 - 21:31

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/forum/home-en/2?topic=87096

Hopefully this links to page 2 of the topic. The list of top 5 managers is a bit more than halfway down. (I thought the forum posts were numbered. After 7 years, you'd think I'd have noticed. That's have been a useful feature.)

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ee Taavi >> friday april 9 - 12:06, Edited friday april 9 - 12:14

1.djspeed

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/team-6316

In just 6 short years he has done wonders with his team , very versatile.

2.taavi

Not much to be said

3.Mavi

Sometimes wins some lucky CLs

4.Koen

Has gotten lucky like 58 seasons in a row

5.that spl bank manager guy

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa