Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

National manager elections (24)

eng Kastrix >> tuesday december 7 - 16:12

One last thing. If I wasn't going to stick around why would I offer to help in a takeover of the site?

eng Kastrix
User
Registered2013-08-13
wal Kergle AFC
ee Balthazor >> tuesday december 7 - 19:24

You mentioned fact that most of managers in Switzerland were foreigners, so there is more important to be well-known or to have something achieved. Togo might be your chance to gain better reputation- if you're successful, don't forget to mention it on next candidations.  Currently we see that you've been active around a year, longest stint is about 3-4 seasons with same club and your league wins are mostly in bot leagues. It's really nothing very special yet and not attracting voters who don't know you. 

Maybe it's not good idea to candidate in one of biggest battles when you're relatively beginner: there was quite few countries with 2 candidates and surely very few with 3 or more(but you didn't have more choices probably as you don't have NT players). For example in Estonia last time with 2 candidates was several years ago, when I was against one of third league managers. Mostly we discuss in local forum, who is ready to take over as we avoid unknown ones after one bad experience. We had then potential to qualify but manager played several times both games with same lineup, in first match(interland) some of key players got injured and we lost couple of important matches. After that we have always candidate from local community. 

I have seen here management of well-known long-time jumper, his NT management was so bad and chaotic that every manager against him would win next elections as better alternative. Luckily there was another candidate who won with big supremacy- that was my last real election before this season's. 

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
eng Kastrix >> tuesday december 7 - 23:05

Tbh Wales league 1 is decent standard where we have 8 managers. I won't beat 3 of them as there squads are 2 good. In Swiss league even in league 2 there were at least 5 managers. So I think going nearly unbeaten all league with one transfer window being second bottom then win the league is special. 

Anyway it's done. Enough said about this I think

All the best this season guys and thank you for your advice/views

eng Kastrix
User
Registered2013-08-13
wal Kergle AFC
eng Stephen >> wednesday december 8 - 06:42

Okay, all the best for the season ahead.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
ee Taavi >> wednesday december 8 - 07:32

@numpty I just have to buy Shakiri from i want to say Liverpool? How much does he cost? i have some chocolate wrappers 

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
eng Kastrix >> wednesday december 8 - 09:15

If the deal fails can I lick the wrappers?

eng Kastrix
User
Registered2013-08-13
wal Kergle AFC
ee Taavi >> wednesday december 8 - 09:31

No.

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
eng Kastrix >> wednesday december 8 - 12:20

:,(