Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Level 8 and 9 youths (4816)

nl Jort >> sunday may 5 - 10:22

I know but i only can afford a few of this players so I can't sell everyone. I wil make this player a GK.

nl Jort
User
Registered2018-02-06
nl FC Groningen
eng Stephen >> sunday may 5 - 13:29

Way too low talent for a GK, I’m afraid. Sell him. Look in the market for YC10 youths that no one wants anymore. Those players will grow better than this type of player.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
nl Jort >> friday june 7 - 06:58

Ok, I know this player isn't as good as higher youth level players but I can't afford to buy that much of those players. So to create some money i'm training some off my own youth players.

So I have a question, what position is best for concentraded? I wanted to make this a GK but that doesn't seem logical. Maybe a defender or defensive midfielder?

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-1965166

nl Jort
User
Registered2018-02-06
nl FC Groningen
il Numpty >> friday june 7 - 07:53

What's wrong with making him a keeper? 

He has concentrated and the GK experience which is what you asked for in your settings. 

You'll probably sell him at some point so not worth worrying about how good he might become.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Jort >> friday june 7 - 09:42

But keepers don't recive any passes, so is concentrated good for a keeper? But I guess your're right. Thanks

nl Jort
User
Registered2018-02-06
nl FC Groningen
il Numpty >> friday june 7 - 10:20, Edited friday june 7 - 10:26

Concentrated

• Bonus when defending against long shots. Bonus for receiving a pass.

These are 2 separate bonuses and they are not explained in any detail but I would suggest the following is most likely:

When defending against longshots the key skill is Blocking, so it probably gives a small Blocking increase to a defender attempting to intercept a shot or a keeper attempting to save it. It's therefore of most benefit to a keeper. 

The ideal keeper would be Agile and Concentrated. 

When receiving a pass the key skill is the highest Passing skill of the 2 players involved. Most likely it gives a small Passing increase, so the best recipient of that bonus would be to a striker attempting to score via an assist as higher passing improves the chance of scoring an assist. 

Obviously the Concentrated attribute will improve any player but trying to find a player to use both bonuses won't help you much as one is primarily defensive and the other is primarily offensive.

In my view giving a keeper a better chance of saving longshots is easily the best use of the attribute.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
il Numpty >> monday june 17 - 19:23, Edited monday june 17 - 19:24

With so many people having higher level facilities this thread seems to have lost interest.

I've just had this fella  who seems very decent for a YC 8. No specials, but maximum available talent and near minimum age (given my staff level) is about the best that I could hope for. 

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-1971692

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Jort >> wednesday july 31 - 06:49

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-1999430

Got this one this morning.

What's a good position for 'team player'? Defender or midfielder?

nl Jort
User
Registered2018-02-06
nl FC Groningen
nl Joost >> wednesday july 31 - 07:19

Teamplayer is perfect for a midfielder!

nl Joost
User
Registered2016-06-30
nl FC OTB
nl Jort >> wednesday july 31 - 07:27

Ok, thanks! Also for a DM?

Probably give him a 'power' training also then.

nl Jort
User
Registered2018-02-06
nl FC Groningen
nl Joost >> wednesday july 31 - 11:14

Teamplayer in my opinion is sure useful for a traditional DM.

nl Joost
User
Registered2016-06-30
nl FC OTB
tc ... >> monday may 18 - 02:51

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2169207

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2169206

Just got these two from my newest upgrade to YC 9! I'm thinking defenders for both right?

tc ...
User
Registered2014-04-05
kn Phoenix T&C
in Keju >> monday may 18 - 07:57

both defenders would work. but the first one could be a forward having decent speed and power

in Keju
User
Registered2014-01-24
in Bengaluru FC
tc ... >> monday may 18 - 19:41

Hey @Keju thanks for your advice! In order to make it as simple as possible, I'll refer to my players by their last names.

So in this case, our first player Randall is Concentrated and Modest. Considering the Concentrated attribute, I'd say the factor that it allows the player to defend well against long shots is almost a no-brainer when deciding his position: I'd say defender right away. Now, considering Randall's speed is 5 and his power is 4.3, I would be inclined to train his power so that it becomes 5.3. This observation might be a bit short-sighted though, so are there any other factors I should consider?

Now, our second player Driver is almost a full year older than Randall, so he is much further along in his development as a player. Considering his only attribute is Vain, there are no other permanent significant factors that may sway my decision to change his position, so I think he should also be a defender. Driver's speed is 4.6 and his power is 4.1, so I think I will do the same as I did with Randall to have it increased to 5.1. However, you mentioned that he could be a forward "having decent speed and power". I'm not quite sure what you might be referring to, do you think you could elaborate?

Thanks in advance!

tc ...
User
Registered2014-04-05
kn Phoenix T&C
in Keju >> wednesday may 20 - 14:00

@capitan

Your reasoning is spot on.It was my mistake- I assumed that these were players who had never been trained,but they have duelling.So at this point it makes sense to have both of them as defenders.

Diver im not arguing with, his talent is not good enough for how much stronger your teams going to get.

Randall could have become a forward if you wanted before but maybe not now as you invested in duelling.His concentrated trait gives him a bonus for recieving passes.

Heres how i would classify youngsters(youths)-

• goalkeeper- high talent and speed
  • defenders -power
  • mids-any (power for defensive mids)
  • forwards (both power and speed)

Obviously take traits into account 

in Keju
User
Registered2014-01-24
in Bengaluru FC