Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10366)

eng Candas Djemal >> friday november 30 - 10:59

Soon will have 4 games not played. You would think out of respect they would at least let us know what they are doing to fix things. We all have lives and we waste it by checking repeatedly. This is disresptful from the Management.

eng Candas Djemal
Registered2012-12-27
il Numpty >> friday november 30 - 11:16

Having worked at the sharp end of technical support myself, the main priority is to fix the problem as fast as possible. Communicating with the users just slows that down. 

However, it's always helpful just to take one minute to give an estimate of likely timescales even if it's just a guess.  

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
il Numpty >> friday november 30 - 11:20

Meanwhile I'll buy some popcorn and get a round of drinks in. cool

Can I have your orders please!

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Candas Djemal >> friday november 30 - 11:25

Yes can i have some new servers please. Regards 

eng Candas Djemal
Registered2012-12-27
ua Garfman >> friday november 30 - 11:31

7 matches and counting.

ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registered2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC
au davo >> friday november 30 - 11:40

It seems that the server is starting to catch up. Hopefully this is the end of the glitch.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
il Numpty >> friday november 30 - 12:45

Agreed. laughing

I'm not defending the lack of communication or putting forward an excuse, simply explaining that the techies can feel under a lot of pressure to fix things urgently. If it's a particularly difficult problem that they are struggling with it only adds to the pressure if they perceive that they have users complaining at them and demanding answers. 

However, as I said it only takes a minute to give some kind of feedback. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> friday november 30 - 13:42

Looks like the server has almost caught up again now.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Lee >> friday november 30 - 14:20

Stephen - I think our game should be replayed, as my players were obviously affected by the outage. laughing

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Stephen >> friday november 30 - 14:49

I agree, Lee. It should have been 0-5 tongue-out

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
us Peter >> friday november 30 - 15:22, Edited friday november 30 - 15:25

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-14739138/1

Ever had that thing when both of your goalkeepers get injured in the same match, completely f**king up your chances to get a NAL spot?

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
br Ronaldo César >> friday november 30 - 15:31

total nonsense! no news is made as before.

br Ronaldo César
User
Registered2016-07-11
us Mercuric >> friday november 30 - 16:32

Peter, even though your Health Center has fallen behind your Training Complex in levels, it's still bad luck that your keepers happened to be both of your injuries.  That is a really devastating way to lose.

I recommend mitigating the risk in the future and upgrading that Health Center!  Personally, I always upgrade the two in tandem, never allowing a gap bigger than 2 levels.  My keeper is rarely injured, even with very low endurance and frequent fatigue problems in the beginning of the season.  I do accept injury as an inevitability, though, due to how much I rely on him and his advanced age.  Still, I hope I never get two keepers injured in the same match!

us Mercuric
User
Registered2014-08-15