Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10355)

us Peter >> wednesday december 26 - 20:43, Edited wednesday december 26 - 20:47

Slowly losing interest in this game. I don't remember the last time I failed to set so many lineups in a single season.

Yes, there are weaknesses in my lineup that I have failed to address in the past transfer windows. Hardly consoling. The fact that I spent so much time planning for these seasons in league 1, choosing which players to buy, and training them to the best of my ability, and still getting 0 production from them, is extremely frustrating.

My midfielders are very decent, my forwards are decent. Still can't produce a single f**king goal in 90% of the matches they play. I look at other teams and I see players of the VERY SAME CALIBER or worse, producing much more consistently.

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
nl Joddit >> friday december 28 - 12:43

@kaarel and perhaps others...

Is my HC level 6 too low for my TC level 10? 

Probably shouldn't be asking it here but it came up...

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
il Numpty >> friday december 28 - 13:20, Edited friday december 28 - 13:27

Hi Joddit, I'm fairly new here myself, so my opinion is probably not worth too much. 

I've also read the general advice on the forum about keeping the HC level fairly near the TC level. 

As far as I can tell, the only reason for this is about the risk of injury. For each new level of TC the injury risk increases, and for each level of HC there is a reduction in both the risk of injury and also in their duration. 

So as the difference between TC and HC increases then so does the probability of getting injuries. Most injuries seem to be fairly short, although some can last a few weeks.  

The question is how much risk are you willing to take - and can you afford for one or two of your best players to miss a few matches?

This will be different for every club, and looking at your squad it seems to me that currently your replacements aren't too much weaker than your best players. So at the moment a few extra injuries may not matter too much. 

Edit

Just to add that injuries can sometimes be beneficial, in that they can allow extra squad rotation for xp purposes. Injured or suspended players do not count towards the player restrictions and allow the potential selection of "weak" players. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
us Mercuric >> friday december 28 - 15:22

@Peter

I understand your frustrations.  Sometimes it seems like your team is just plain bad for long stretches with no explanation.  I attribute this mostly to bad luck.  There was a season a while ago where my team couldn't even score a goal for many, many games to start the season, despite getting attempts.  Part of randomness makes it probable that you get these stretches every so often.

us Mercuric
User
Registered2014-08-15
eng Stephen >> friday december 28 - 16:24

Agreed, Mercuric. But, if the problem persists for a long time (a season or more), then there’s a problem with the team or at least that’s how I have always looked at it.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
rs Sale >> friday december 28 - 21:02

I haven't won 1 game in 10 matches so the game is definitely broken this season and I am certain that has something to do with fixed features of the players not calculating properly in matches. I changed my tactic multiple times and nothing changed, reports always say that I am probably not going win regardless of the tactic I use. Compared to my last season my team hasn't changed much and my opponents didn't changed much as well and the results are truly weird.

rs Sale
User
Registered2013-08-15
rs Империјал
ee Balthazor >> friday december 28 - 22:03, Edited friday december 28 - 22:10

Just analysing your lineups:

Against last-placed Borac VA: 3-5-2(!!) without any normal DMs and only one mid with Playmaker- it's asking for loss and you were lucky to get draw.

Against BATA 53: 4-3-3 with LM-CM-RM line is in my opinion worst possible version of 4-3-3 as bots use just this one from all variations of this formation. Well, opponent used similar one, but he had home advantage. 

Against Borac Cacak: version of Diamond and I don't wonder that you had less moments. Look at your stats after 0-3 goal: dangerous shots 1-5. Another formation that bots love.

Against Boranija you were very lucky, just like against lv forevermore. Again Diamonds and incompetent DM takes yellow cards and you are heavily dominated, but you get your draws.

Nebeski Ratnik, Bofors, Partizan - again linear 4-3-3

Balacko, Rekontra - Diamond

I see here mostly 2 different main tactics that both are not best ones plus "suicidal" 3-5-2 once. As you have only 4 normal defenders, I would suggest 4-3-3 with AM instead of CM (or DM if you have proper one, but Obad is not). Safa and Manjak need also Playmaker: why Hsieh was your far best assistant previous season when having weakest star value? I have doubts about Ayub abilities due to Roaming(2 assists from 30 matches last season- my forward Aimar did the same last season but scored nicely too). Defenders are ok, but they are all more central type. Forwards would need Longshots too, then you can use them more on flanks. It's easy to play against you when you use forwards mostly as Strikers only as they can't score much from flanks without Longshots.

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
rs Sale >> saturday december 29 - 09:03

So you are suggesting an offensive 4-3-3? What about my alternate formation, which 4-4-2 should I be using? What did you mean about my defenders? Do I have to use CB-SB or CB-WSB?

rs Sale
User
Registered2013-08-15
rs Империјал
ee onuelver >> saturday december 29 - 10:04

Knowing him well i think he meaned that you have no wingers with special attribute. With Ukrainian NT i had only one Winger and i used several central defenders on other flank but they always leaked from that side. He was long time against training Winger himself laughing 

442 without having any DM(and no another defender on that spot) look nonsense for me. I agree that linear midfield is more powerless somehow. But you need another defender at least. 

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
rs Sale >> saturday december 29 - 11:23

I am also against Wingers, not to mention I hate WF.

I will have to look for more MF, I know that my MF is bad but didn't know that it was that bad. Thanks for your help.

rs Sale
User
Registered2013-08-15
rs Империјал
ca Jax >> saturday december 29 - 14:11

I need to start setting my lineups well in advance.  I've missed a couple lately including a cup loss, this morning.  Oh well, still undefeated in the league, at least.

ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
ee Balthazor >> sunday december 30 - 10:00

Yes, I was against Wingers as my first ones were not good and I thought that they will decrease my mobility, but next attempt with new wingers brought me up to euro spots contest. Winger suits only for defenders IMO as all mids with Winger I've seen are always shadowed by Playmakers in their teams. Probably they are better than same mid without any supporting attribute.

Winger for forwards looks disaster as LF and RF often move through mid zone where they'll be punished. When Safa and Manjak get Playmaker they should get better than Hsieh and that is already big step ahead. I think they'll be decent then. If you plan to buy someone the first target should be defender as only 4 proper defenders is clearly too few. One longer injury and you have to play serie of matches with 3 defenders which can't end well. Then you can vary your tactics with 5-3-2 variations or "kamikaze" 5-2-3 too or use one defender on DM spot and try 4-3-3 with DM. It will work surely better than Obad on same position.

4-4-2 without DM I imagine LM-AM-AM-RM or LAM-CM-CM-RAM. I'm not sure how good they are comparing to Diamond. 

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
us Peter >> sunday december 30 - 15:55

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-15069913/1

Insulting

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers