Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Not Frustrated at all topic. Season 9-99 (9164)

ee Taavi >> friday july 12 - 08:13

Numpty with the puns ... we already had a round of egg puns , continue at ur own whisk!

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
il Numpty >> sunday july 14 - 21:28

Since I can't find an appropriate thread this one will have to do. 

On the BBC in the pre-match build up to the Wimbledon Men's final, 3 ex-players were chewing the cud;  Sue Barker (presenter), John McEnroe and Pat Cash.  

Someone had mentioned that Rod Laver's nickname was "Rocket".

Cash being a fellow Aussie decided to explain the origins of his nickname. Apparently it was because when Laver was a youngster he was rather slow, so they called him "Rocket". He went on to say that someone who was skinny would be called "Muscles", and this was the typical Australian way. 

So McEnroe asks him "what would they call me then?"

"Handsome"  says Cash. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Taavi >> sunday july 14 - 22:30

Why dont we have an offtopic thread? I remember bringing it up , was it not allowed or did i forget to make one? :D who remembers anything about this from 2015

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
il Numpty >> sunday july 14 - 22:37

Good point Taavi. 

But why not have a whole "Off topic" sub-forum?  

I would suggest renaming "Real life soccer" as "Off Topic". Then the threads in there could be more general and not just about football. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
us Stephen(Seaburn Beach)'s Wicked(Fuck fake Friends) >> tuesday july 16 - 10:22, Edited tuesday july 16 - 10:25

• Good Ideas,  am tired of getting some of my post deleted by the forum moderators. cry

eng holt >> tuesday july 16 - 11:25
@No,then the whole forum will have to get shut down because of you-know-what.Instead having specific off topic discussion threads would be better.
eng holt
Registered2013-05-18

@holt

specific?!,  I don't think it will be a good idea. 

the way Mr Numpty said it should be the way by the way it's all a suggestion all ideas are welcomed. 

eng Stephen >> tuesday july 16 - 14:05

Just post your non-game related in real-life soccer. There’s all kinds of gubbins there, including stuff about music and the Windows operating system...

It’d be good if we could get back on topic now.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach

@Stephen 

your words have been noted 

ro Andrei >> thursday july 18 - 18:57
Heck yes!

https://rockingsoccer.com/ro/fotbal/info/match-16274886

Big win for the boys. I thought I made a big mess-up with the tactics when the game started. But, as it turns out, the boys played their heart out and got the 3 points. :)
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
eng Yid >> friday july 19 - 08:50

Nice one Andrei. Helped me out at the top to lol. 

eng Yid
User
Registered2014-06-23
eng Tottenham Hotspur FC
ro Andrei >> friday july 19 - 13:26
I figured that much. :)
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
ee Taavi >> friday july 19 - 19:45

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-1619457/employment

guys it has happened, he scored , the streets of Tallinn are full of riots, so far there have been 4 taco trucks badly looked at , someone called someone a ninny , trashbins were almost tipped over!!! mayhem

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
gr PMK >> friday july 19 - 19:49

Haha I sell quality players :grin:

gr PMK
User
Registered2013-09-20
ee Taavi >> friday july 19 - 19:55

Someone will be over shortly to tip over ur bin , and he wont even say sorry

ee Taavi