Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Not Frustrated at all topic. Season 9-99 (9157)

ro Andrei >> sunday august 18 - 14:05
After 7 seasons of hard work, building the team from scratch and mostly with players from the youth academy (either born here or bought and then grown in our academy), Skuvoy Wednesday will play in Europa next season. Over the moon with the result from the boys.

I don't expect to get past Q1 in the competition. Still, it's nice to see the team growing. I expect the boys to continue to grow and hopefully challenge for the podium in the not-too-distant future.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
ee Taavi >> sunday august 18 - 14:20

Congrats Andrei ! *Fistbump with an explosion*

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
il Numpty >> sunday august 18 - 15:40, Edited sunday august 18 - 15:41

Well done Andrei.

An amazing achievement from such a small island where the main population is puffins. Do you play on a pitch with a steep slope and with the wind behind you? 

What's astonishing is an attendance of 20,000 - which must be nearly half the total population of the Faroe Islands - when every man and his dog are already watching your rivals play. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Yid >> sunday august 18 - 16:14

Well done Andrei.

eng Yid
User
Registered2014-06-23
eng Tottenham Hotspur FC
us Peter >> sunday august 18 - 16:31

Well done Andrei.

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
za Oom Koenraad >> sunday august 18 - 17:57

Well done Andre!

za Oom Koenraad
User
Registered2015-10-23
ss Al-Malakia FC
ro Andrei >> sunday august 18 - 18:06, Edited sunday august 18 - 18:07
@Numpty

Wait till we get the new 35,000 stadium in just a week. We might be getting some spectators all the way from Greenland. It is a 12-hour flight so they probably won't be here for every game. I can understand that.

Also, the local puffin union has been present in the stands for every game. Got to admire their loyalty and spirit.

As for the actual pitch ... I am pretty sure it is without any incline. But I cannot be sure. The man doing the measurements is drunk half the time.

@all

Anyway, cheers for the congrats, fellas.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
il Numpty >> sunday august 18 - 19:01

The only thing I admire about puffins is they look very tasty on a roasting spit. Do you have any roast puffin on the menu?

If so, I might be tempted to come for the opening ceremony. Well apart from the puffins the girls are very pretty ... but don't tell the missus!

Oh, and how come the locals can't speak their own language? 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ro Andrei >> sunday august 18 - 19:02
Roast puffin is forbidden on the menu on the island. As respect towards our loyal spectators.

As for the language ... I don't know. Got to ask them. Although you might have trouble understanding the answer.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
us supermanager1 >> monday august 19 - 02:02

Against immeasurable odds, FC Point Fortin has qualified for the North American League in its manager's first complete season with the team!

us supermanager1
Registered2017-02-04
ro Andrei >> monday august 19 - 03:15
Good job!
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
za Oom Koenraad >> monday august 19 - 04:35

Great progress at Supermanager!

za Oom Koenraad
User
Registered2015-10-23
ss Al-Malakia FC