Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10355)

lv Namejs >> friday march 15 - 16:35

It is about principes not that I can't give my players friendlies. I can understand that promotion side of play-offs might seem like exictement but relegation side of them is just frustration. I have to wait 4 or 5 days till I know whom I will play, I will play only 2 "important" games and won't have a reason to come visit teams page until they will start so the whole experience in relegation play-off is pure frustration.

The recap of last 5 seasons: 39. season - 3. league relegation play-off: lost (2 games no friendlies, bought current GK frustration all around); 40. season - clear victory 4.th league good season; 41. season - 2. place in 3.2. league. lost in 1. round of promotion play-off satisfactory season,  42. season - clear victory in 3.1. league good season, 43. season relegation play-off where season goal was to avoid any kind of play-offs. Allready bad season.

As You can see have my share of play-offs in recent seasons so it is not like I don't know how frustrating staying without friendlies is.

lv Namejs
Community admin
Registered2014-07-06
lv Taurupes Dusmīgie Bebri
ee Balthazor >> friday march 15 - 16:45

@Namejs

Stadium revenues or popularity from playoffs would distort league tables: surely some teams would start to lose deliberately for staying to playoffs instead of direct promotion or staying safely up, if they're quite confident in not losing them. 

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
lv Namejs >> friday march 15 - 17:38

That I know but I disagree with those who see problem in it, actually. But that even isn't my point, my point is that play-offs, especially releagation side of them, are extremely harsh on teams which play them. There are 8 auto arranged friendlies in off/preseason, at least in my league. Team who plays relegation play-off as well as promotion play-off loosing side don't get these friendlies for only 2 "important" games in that period. Both managers have to deal with some kind of frustration already for beeing in such position, they loose out on free friendlies during this period. So they loose chance to give their first squad players friendlies in off/preseason and need to find these games USING their own friendly tokens during season. If don't arrange these games, compensate the lost tokens at least. I am manager who arranges friendlies daily, I organize friendly cup so friendly tokens are important for me, I don't want see them wasted just because I landed in play-off spot and was cheated out of friendlies by system.

If someone will say that no friendlies in play-off spots is part of beeing there then I don't want see any penalties on teams who deliberately stay out of play-off spots: if staying out of play-offs is considered unfair play, then teams in play-off spots deserve free friendlies.

As for the revenues from play-off games: I doubt there are many leagues where managers will try to land in play-off spot to gain revenues. Maybe lower tears yes, but in 2. and most 3. leagues no one will want to participate in lottery instead of direct promotion.

lv Namejs
Community admin
Registered2014-07-06
lv Taurupes Dusmīgie Bebri
eng Yid >> friday march 15 - 19:04

What is it with late blooming goals. I loose yesterday to the last kick of the game and then today with 5 minutes left it is 0-0 but then I conceid 2 goals and another point gone. 

eng Yid
User
Registered2014-06-23
eng Tottenham Hotspur FC
hr v >> friday march 15 - 23:03

"Admins has vip3 and option to loan 10 players and ne is worried that he wont be able to give friendy xp to all in transfer window time"

@Ar4ers: not true. All regular community Admins have Vip 1. Only global Admins (and there are only few of them) have Vip 2. So there is no Admin who has Vip 3 unless he pays for it. If you mean only Namejs then sorry, but you wrote Admins not Admin.

hr v
Registered2013-02-04
il Numpty >> friday march 15 - 23:33, Edited friday march 15 - 23:35

After reading the comments about the play-offs, it does seem rather silly and unrealistic to disincentivise teams from being in the play-offs, by not giving popularity or gate receipts and losing the extra friendlies. 

Reaching the promotion play-offs is an achievement in itself and should be rewarded in some way, whether gate receipts, prize money or popularity.  

The proper fix to teams preferring the play-offs to finishing at the top is to give a much greater reward for direct promotion. 

Relegation play-offs is another matter. Teams shouldn't benefit from being at or near the bottom. The game should place a higher reward on successful results and this fixes any perceived problem. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
hr Kupus >> friday march 15 - 23:42

@Numpty

There is already an advantage in the ability to play matches that provide experience. So, if you have a player where you for some reason did not manage to give all 20 matches you will be able to count in the play offs to achieve it.

In my opinion that should also be the only advantage.

However, I do agree that teams in play off should have the friendlies as well but perhaps more intense booked once the play offs ends

hr Kupus
Community admin
Registered2015-10-14
de Regnum Croatorum
il Numpty >> saturday march 16 - 01:28, Edited saturday march 16 - 01:28

I would say that the benefit of the extra experience is useful, but really rather insignificant. 

Imagine if in real life all the teams that reached the promotion play-offs were told that they had to play them behind closed doors - and in any event that the fans just weren't interested in the play-offs ... how very silly!

I do get the point that you don't want teams to aim for the play-offs raher than direct promotion. In which case simply make direct promotion the more attractive option. That, at least, would be realistic.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee onuelver >> saturday march 16 - 04:54

Previous season i played in league with team that didn't want to be promoted as he thinked team is not ready but i lost more points to weaker teams and he won the league. I won playoffs and this season he finished on relegation playoffs. I don't know what he will do there as it is his first chance to stay up after direct relegations laughing

As i finished on playoffs in half of my seasons the friendly problem is familiar. I used chance with second team or searched other teams who falled from playoffs. Yes it's annoying but i don't cry for tokens as there is anyway no chance to have more than 5 friendly tokens( and use for any other way). When i use some of them for next days they'll start to come back so when i had 5 matches played there are at least 3 tokens again.

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
eng Stephen >> saturday march 16 - 08:43

@v - global admins also have VIP1, unless Vincent is screwing me :)

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
tr Mavi >> saturday march 16 - 09:47

@Stephen - he does :D

tr Mavi
Admin
Registered2013-02-14
tr Just Looking Around FC
eng Proper Top Gaffer >> saturday march 16 - 12:17, Edited saturday march 16 - 23:32

@Kupus

That doesn't make sense; the point of Playoffs is to bring your best and win, so as to Quality for the higher tier/Survive in your current one. Surely all of your best players have already played their 20/25 matches by then?

And again, the Stadiums being empty is just nonsensical...

Playoff matches should absolutely have paying spectators - but maybe, for example, the ticket revenue should be reduced by 25% or 50%.

eng Proper Top Gaffer
User
Registered2014-03-12
eng AFC Cumbria United
hr v >> saturday march 16 - 13:12

@Stephen:

https://rockingsoccer.com/hr/soccer/staff/staff

@Mavi: And now he knows... :D

hr v
Registered2013-02-04
eng Stephen >> saturday march 16 - 13:58

It's fine - I'm mistaken :)

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
hr Kupus >> saturday march 16 - 15:14

@Proper Top Gaffer

Im just saying how it works. It is like that today.

The play off games offers you to play one of those 20 games you can per player if you did not manage it before for some reason.

So, I don´t what you disagreeing with?

hr Kupus
Community admin
Registered2015-10-14
de Regnum Croatorum