Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10366)

il Numpty >> saturday march 16 - 18:10, Edited saturday march 16 - 18:11

I don't think there's really any disagreement. I believe his reasoning is that the potential benefit of any extra experience is very small, as there are likely to be few players that would not already have played their twenty matches. The advantage of any extra experience is pretty slim.

The real solution to the perceived problem is to give greater rewards for making progress. Teams should want to get direct promotion and play in a higher league because the advantages are much greater than being in the playoffs and/or staying down.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
hr Kupus >> saturday march 16 - 19:41, Edited saturday march 16 - 20:59

@Numpty

There is extra experience that is provided and there is a chance to gain that last XP from matches (20/25) if not yet earned.

It is very slim benefit that I dont think matters much. Especially as I dont see anyone by purpose rather end up in playoff than automatic promotion or to avoid relegation playoff. 

There are also consequences as mentionend with the free friendlies not provided which can have a consequence in the transfer or loan market as players bet put on the market might not have had all friendlies played.

But, for the fun of it I do think that play-offs should have a greater interest in terms of income from attendance.

hr Kupus
Community admin
Registered2015-10-14
de Regnum Croatorum
pt Sir Alex >> saturday march 16 - 21:49

Within some hours opens the sale window of pumpkins to... the bank yell

pt Sir Alex
User
Registered2013-05-04
eng Proper Top Gaffer >> saturday march 16 - 23:33

Are you referring to bad Players as... Pumpinks?

eng Proper Top Gaffer
User
Registered2014-03-12
eng AFC Cumbria United
pt Sir Alex >> sunday march 17 - 00:16

I am referring to farming products in general Graffer...

pt Sir Alex
User
Registered2013-05-04
eng Proper Top Gaffer >> sunday march 17 - 14:42

Aww. I found it funnier if you saw them as Pumpkins specifically.

eng Proper Top Gaffer
User
Registered2014-03-12
eng AFC Cumbria United
ee onuelver >> sunday march 17 - 14:44

I was quite sure that this happens: https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-15255951

It mean that i must surely win Ukraine in away match or i'm out after winning Spain with 0-0 and 2-0 just because France had no motivation in last game. 

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
nl Koen >> sunday march 17 - 14:54

That really sucks... You are doing such a great job in Albania, I really hope you get rewarded!

nl Koen
Registered2013-03-21
uy Awful >> sunday march 17 - 17:11, Edited sunday march 17 - 17:11

it was game engine. France did 15 shoots on goal while Spain only 10 . bad luck

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
hr Internacionālā Daugava FC
ro Andrei >> sunday march 17 - 18:36
In short ... Random. Right, Awful? :)
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
uy Awful >> sunday march 17 - 18:46

random = lack of knowledge

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
ee onuelver >> sunday march 17 - 18:52

Also look at lineup- France had many weaker players. But it doesn't matter as we screwed up everything with 1-5. We would be out even if France-Spain ended with draw. It just wasn't determined to go that way that some little country with about 5 managers would eliminate some giant. Ukraine is actually mid-class team as i know them well and they aren't actually so weak as it seemed before today, just the manager didn't find right way with them earlier. They had higher seeding than us. So i should be just like satisfied that we didn't end on last place...but it was so damn close!!!

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
ee Taavi >> sunday march 17 - 21:00, Edited sunday march 17 - 21:02

As a poker player i know that random is everywhere , life is based on luck, starting from where your born , what environment you live in , what are your parents and friends like etc.

But what you can do is reduce random my making the right decisions , in life and in this game.

Dont judge anything from one game , its all based on math , lets say you are better and get 70pct win rate , that means you lose 3/10 times , but in the long run (a season for example) it evens out.

What you cant do is win every time , whatever you do there will be losses time to time

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
uy Awful >> monday march 18 - 05:36

this isnt poker,  :D :D more like a chess !

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
ee Kaarel >> monday march 18 - 07:23

Poker and chess have more in common than you think.

Ofcourse this is like a poker. You have random factor in game, but when you make correct decisions all the time, then in the long run you will come out better.

Random - Which youth you will get, how good is your ST, sometimes you will get unjustified results.

Not random - Team development, market activity, setting tactics, thinking what your opponent could think.

ee Kaarel
User
Registered2013-12-25
ee Anonüümsed Alkohoolikud