Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Not Frustrated at all topic. Season 9-99 (9164)

nl Joddit >> tuesday may 5 - 20:39

I am not so sure that postponing level 10 office would be a sound idea. At a cost of 67 million and an extra profit of around 200k per day (game week), that would be around 10 million per season. So it would take roughly 7 seasons to earn back the investment.

At a yearly net profit of between 120M and 150M per season (which has been typical, depending mostly on investments in facilities) it would take me between 8 and 10 seasons to make the money to invest in the stadium without losing interest. So that would mean it would be sensible to actually do the office expansion now.

The big question is: is that enough time to get to the roughly 4.5 million popularity it would take to get to the attendances I would need. The answer to that question is a resounding "I don't know".

These estimations are of course very rough and some if not all of them may prove to be unreliable. 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
il Numpty >> tuesday may 5 - 21:26, Edited tuesday may 5 - 21:29

You're probably right regarding your team. I was just putting the idea out generally that doing Office 10 before Stadium 11 is not necessarily a good plan. 

If your team is cash rich and you are waiting for your popularity to catch up before starting Stadium 11 then Office 10 makes sense.

But if you have good popularity and you're waiting for the cash before building then it's probably cost-efficient to do it the other way around. Office 10 only really pays for itself when you are cash rich, and keep it that way for a few seasons. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Joddit >> tuesday may 5 - 23:13

Sure! My crude calculations cannot and should not be considered a blanket statement, you're right. But I think I can justify it for my team, based on current data. That being said, it could still prove to be a suboptimal strategy if circumstances change. 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
nl Joddit >> wednesday may 6 - 09:02

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-17731457

First international match at my stadium! True to form for matches at my stadium pretty much nothing happened...

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
ro Andrei >> wednesday may 6 - 18:09
Slightly off-topic ... only slightly. Thanks to a live stream, I was able to see (from distance) the island where my current team is stationed. Very cool.

Leaving the Faroe Islands behind soon ... Thanks for having me. Heading home to Romania after a long journey away. :)
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
il Numpty >> wednesday may 6 - 19:27

I spent a couple of weeks in the Faroes some years ago @Andrei. It's a beautiful place, but to live there you would need to like the cold. Fortunately I was there around the end of June, so the climate was mild and we had 24 hour daylight. The sun dipped briefly below the horizon and came straight back up again. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ro Andrei >> wednesday may 6 - 19:48
Yeah, it looked really nice and peaceful. Nice experience.

Will definitely repeat it, since there's a weekly stream.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
il Numpty >> wednesday may 6 - 19:56, Edited wednesday may 6 - 20:04

It is extraordinarily peaceful. With a low population spread across numerous islands then it seems that everyone knows all their neighbours and the crime rate is near zero. RS has got the language wrong - Danish is their second language and their mother tongue is Faroese.

As you would imagine the buildings have a Scandinavian appearance.  If you want to have a proper look around I would suggest using Google streetview. :)

Oh! and talking about streams I recall I managed to fall in one when I was there when crossing over using stepping stones. Mrs. Numpty took a picture ... 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Joddit >> wednesday may 6 - 20:51

I apologise if I am not allowed to ask, but is that a public stream? @Andrei 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
ro Andrei >> thursday may 7 - 02:46
Yes, it is a public stream. It was on Facebook.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
nl Joddit >> thursday may 7 - 09:51

Maybe I will check it out, thanks. 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
nl Joddit >> friday may 22 - 18:02

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-18117366

1. The impossible has happened. We've actually kept a clean sheet. After conceding 9 in the first four matches, we've managed to get a clean sheet. 

Still a very frustrating affair to watch, though, but maybe we've finally turned a corner. Here's to blind and baseless optimism. 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
no Thor >> sunday may 24 - 02:08

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-18101155

Unbelievable, The Imps beat the defending champions (of the last 18 seasons) and are one of only two teams to beat them in the last 12 seasons, and also the only team in the last 12 seasons to keep a clean sheet against them.

no Thor
Registered2019-07-21
ro Andrei >> sunday may 24 - 05:48
Winning a Cup game in the 92nd minute.

So good.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
nl Joddit >> wednesday may 27 - 18:04, Edited wednesday may 27 - 18:04

It hasn't been a season for set pieces so far, but today we scored for the first time (from a corner, surprisingly), which resulted in a 92nd minute winner.

Really happy about that!

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-18117394

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC