Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Imbalance between (very) old teams and new teams (35)

eng Stephen >> tuesday november 13 - 19:04

I have recently started again with my second team and what I have noticed is that it is a lot harder to find good cheap players to improve the side than it was when I last did this a few seasons ago. I assume that this is due to the bank paying more money for players. I can't imagine that this will encourage new users to stick around.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> tuesday november 13 - 20:30, Edited tuesday november 13 - 20:32

I've been playing a few weeks now. My experience as a brand new player is that I have no spare money to improve the team.

The side effect of building at twice the normal rate is that the expenses come more quickly, so the sponsorship barely covers the construction costs and the only way to both keep building and try and improve the team is to be very active in the transfer market, both selling and buying - which is not easy with such short transfer windows. Moreover without VIP it's like playing a game on the "hard" setting. 

Personally I enjoy that sort of challenge, but I agree with Stephen, most people probably would not stick around for long if they can't win more easily. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Dragontao >> tuesday november 13 - 21:14

The bank can only buy players if nobody bids on them. An offer under the asking price will stop a player being sold to the bank. The problem is that some managers are asking for the max possible for the players and choosing sell player to the bank as the first option, knowing full well that they will get at least near the asking price.

Perhaps the answer is to only allow sell to bank as an option if you have not asked for more than the market value of the player.

If managers are saving for facilities and trying to get players below their market value, that's their choice but a selling manager should have a fair option to get what the player is worth. It's not a charity.

As transfer values have been devalued, it's not unreasonable to expect to be able to sell the player for the market value (or it's an admission that market values are still wrong), but if nobody wants him for tbat, then, and only then, is the bank an acceptable  option.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
pt Sir Alex >> tuesday november 13 - 22:02, Edited tuesday november 13 - 22:04

I agree with Dragontão despite i really don´t like the banks...

Hard to find cheap players?laughing What we have more now it is cheap players. The ones who is not cheap is the greatest ST´s until 18 yo and the special players with 30YO or so.

We also have a lot of cheap ST´s now.

But yes if the banks gives 25M for bad players but even to really good players, why we don´t want cheaper players to us?

Of course banks is part of the problem but forget this, we still are in the banks age.

pt Sir Alex
User
Registered2013-05-04
lt Bagacius >> wednesday november 14 - 16:17

Still be right. Its should be advance for old players. Its dont have to be easy to reach same level as old teams. All teams can't be amazing/strong. If in real life new team coming , it can be good in 5-10 seasons for example like barcelona and etc

lt Bagacius
User
Registered2013-03-29
lt FK Grigiškių Šviesa