Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

how built a bigger stadium (96)

lv Ar4ers >> sunday august 2 - 18:39

He has rights to do it just like insulted person has right to reply 

lv Ar4ers
User
Registered2014-12-30
lv Rīgas Dinamo
il Numpty >> sunday august 2 - 18:42, Edited sunday august 2 - 18:43

No need to give him a 'holiday' on my account. 

I may not always agree with him, but @Awful does make the forum more lively and entertaining, and I ignore insults and personal attacks. If people resort to using clever words or childish remarks then that's their problem.  He's not the only one. 

I simply posted the stuff on the previous page so that people don't get misled by poor advice. 

I'm sure most people are perfectly capable of deciding which version is correct.  

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ro Andrei >> sunday august 2 - 18:54
No, he has no right to insult people. Not on the forum. He can do that somewhere else. Not here.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
lv Ar4ers >> sunday august 2 - 19:47

I allow him and others to do what is neccesary, even trash talk

lv Ar4ers
User
Registered2014-12-30
lv Rīgas Dinamo
nl Aad Mansveld >> sunday august 2 - 19:58

if your lvl 10 stadium is not sold out every week then the calculations are quite different. If your popularity is low and your opponents popularity too it might be wise to nit upgrade to lvl 11. I did not do the maths but there must be a break even point in attendance before upgrading becomes profitable. Or it takes just much longer to have your investment back. 

nl Aad Mansveld
User
Registered2013-06-09
nl **** The Hague FC ****
il Numpty >> sunday august 2 - 20:41, Edited sunday august 2 - 21:04

@Aad you start making a profit as long as you can fill the first 120,000 seats. The reason being that the increased maintenance costs are covered by the increased ticket price. So that's effectively the break even point. Although it would take forever to pay back the construction costs without larger attendances.  

It would also make no sense to upgrade if you can't fill stadium 10.  

The bigger issue is the loss of interest on the capital after paying the construction costs. If the balance falls to near zero then the break even point is effectively 150,000 to account for the loss of interest. 

So in most cases it's best to wait until you have a lot more than the construction costs in order not to lose too much interest. 

Edit

In fact, lost in the detritus of some of @Awful's posts he's correct about some aspects.

The return on the investment in the museum (with staff) is more profitable on a percentage basis than the level 11 stadium. The problem is takes far longer to make the same investment in the museum. 

Assuming you have 1 staff in the museum and also a construction manager - both at level 10 - it would take nearly 14 years in real time to invest the stadium 11 construction costs in the museum. So good luck with doing that @Awful. :)

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
uy Awful >> monday august 3 - 05:34

i dont want any vacation from forum..

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
hr Internacionālā Daugava FC
uy Awful >> monday august 3 - 05:35

let me do my mathematics to prove im right

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
nl Losing >> monday august 3 - 08:25

Nobody is stopping you

A long time ago I calculated that the break-even point in level 2 of The Netherlands for stadion 11 was 4m in popularity at that moment in time. Before that, you make less money after building it functionally making it more expensive, at that point the increased stadium income makes up for the increased maintenance and after that you get to make money on it for the entire rest of the game, at first slowly but it gets quicker and quicker. In the end, to pay for high level facilities you need stadium 11. Wich means the most efficient moment to build it is when it'll be ready as you hit the break-even.

But that break-even point heavily depends on the competition you're playing in. It'll be lower when the popularity of your opponents is higher (so it will be slightly lower in Netherlands div 2 right now) and significantly higher when you've got a lot of bots in your competition.

nl Losing
User
Registered2017-05-06
ee Balthazor >> monday august 3 - 08:35

After 24h of calculation there must be work worth of PhD ...

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
il Numpty >> monday august 3 - 09:04, Edited monday august 3 - 09:06

One could be forgiven for thinking that the calculations had already been done before posting the results. Being so certain of the answers before doing them is rather astonishing. 

In any event they only take a few minutes. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
uy Awful >> monday august 3 - 15:43, Edited monday august 3 - 18:56

long answer short - 14 seasons  (5k club popularity, playing against teams (0-1k popularity)

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
uy Awful >> monday august 3 - 17:35, Edited monday august 3 - 18:56

its on paper ,  im old school. never trust calculator bcz electronic often fails, and you failed saying its 6.5 seasons. Me, im right ! 14 seasons, including construction period ! not full stadium.. 130-180 k

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10