Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

World Cup Qatar (34)

ee Balthazor >> sunday february 20 - 19:38

IOC is in same boat: most of last olympic games are given to problematic countries. There are more similar organizations which prefer such countries because they have money and potential big audiences. For example F1 is trying to get one of rallies to Russia and promotes Russian drivers, who have been completely under necessary level so far. 

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
eng holt >> monday february 21 - 21:14

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3ss7EsfWNE

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
tc ... >> saturday april 2 - 00:43

So the draw has happened, and I'm honestly quite happy with the way things have gone. Every team seems really competitive and in it, so I'm excited to see how things go. :)

Not to mention it'll be during the winter here (Northern Hemisphere), so it'll be nice to huddle up for warmth in front of the fireplace and the TV!

Who are y'all favorites? Mine is definitely Brazil!

tc ...
User
Registered2014-04-05
kn Phoenix T&C
eng holt >> saturday april 2 - 04:52, Edited saturday april 2 - 04:53

Tough to say. The squad situation is similar to that of 2018, where you had very few teams which looked to have a squad that would be firm favourites.

One of them is France, so I'll have to say that they should have a good run this time as well.

I don't think I have any favourites this time around, none of the teams seem to play flashy football.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18