Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Academy Planning (38)

il Numpty >> thursday july 15 - 11:51, Edited thursday july 15 - 11:52

Yes, just explaining your apparent shortfall. Where to put the second staff member is a matter of priorities. 

@pii Sponsorship varies, with VIP (50% for VIP 3), Office (5% per level) and also league level. Leagues with more levels should get more sponsorship.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl JvB >> thursday july 15 - 12:04, Edited thursday july 15 - 12:05

Yes thnx for that!

You were talking about a seasonal profit of about 700M. How much do you have currently? You need about 4,2B for all construction work rigth? You will be building for 260days, which is 5 seasons. So if you start building once you have 4,2B, your profit will drop with about 625M over those 5 seasons(season 2: 20M, 3: 75M, 4: 180M, 5: 350M, rough calculation). You will have about 2,8B (5x700M - 625M) to spend once all construction work is finished. Is that your plan and also your calculation or do you have other ideas/calculations?

nl JvB
User
Registered2017-12-31
nl Jeka
il Numpty >> thursday july 15 - 12:49, Edited thursday july 15 - 13:01

I currently have about half the required building fund.

Your numbers are all in the right ball park, but I haven't yet decided when to start building for a few different reasons. 

Profits can only be estimated so I don't want to finish building and then find I don't have as much as expected.  I want to keep 1 Bn in the bank for interest and also have a decent amount in reserve for contingencies.  The ability to make a good profit will disappear with the higher maintenance and wages and eventually losing double catering so I'd rather err on the side of having a good cash reserve.  

On the other hand, building FA2 will save a bit of time later and the extra cost won't eat too much into the profits. So for the time being it's a waiting game while I earn the best profit I can and build other useful stuff like scout levels. 

I have a question for you @JVB. I notice you have HC 8 with FA 4, so what kind of injury rate are you getting and is it a problem?

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl JvB >> thursday july 15 - 17:22

The longer you can wait, the better! I was just done waiting:)

My HC8 is more a result of other buildings that got priority. I am not yet in the race for prices so why spend money on avoiding injuries. It is hard for me to judge the effect. I have several injuries during the season, most of them just for max 5 days. I did however had an injury on my keeper last season for almost 2 weeks. As you can see, he is my key player to stay in division 1 in NL, so it almost forced me to play playoffs at the end of the season. I was just able to escape on the last 2 days of the season.

Some people advice to have HC only 2 levels below your FA. Once scout office 11 is finished I think I will upgrade HC to level 10, but I don't think I will upgrade it any further for a long time. On the other hand I can imagine the frustration of injuries if you are fighting for prices. 

nl JvB
User
Registered2017-12-31
nl Jeka
il Numpty >> thursday july 15 - 18:10, Edited thursday july 15 - 18:24

Thanks. 

Regarding injury rate, the 2 levels difference is only a guide that seems to have become part of RS folklore. It's useful but far from perfect. For the HC I think it's better to use the actual numbers given in the reference table.   

The injury prevention rate is a probability and can be expressed as a simple fraction for each level:

• (level -2)/(level -1)

which gives 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/6 etc. 

For HC level 8 this prevents 6/7 of potential injuries so you get 1 out of every 7 - and HC level 10 prevents 8 out of every 9 injuries. 

The difference between the 2 levels is you would get 7 injuries (HC 10) for every 9 (HC 8), so it effectively reduces the injury rate by 2/9 or 22.2%.

Similarly going from HC 10 (8/9) to HC 11 (9/10) effectively reduces the injury rate by a further 1/10 or 10%. And going from level 12 (10/11) to level 13 (11/12) reduces the rate by 1/12 or 8.3%. So every HC level gives a diminishing return. 

We haven't been given any figures for the academies, it simply says 'increased injury chance' at each level but I imagine it works using similar ratios.  

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
au davo >> friday july 16 - 02:19, Edited friday july 16 - 02:19

Going back to my last season before I sold my entire squad, I made:

$50m Sponsorship

$670m Stadium Income

$20m TV Revenue

$17m Prize Money

$42m "Other"

$75m Interest

This adds up to about $875m

This is prior to me having 2 staff in Catering.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
nl JvB >> wednesday july 21 - 09:10

That is clear, thanks Davo. Stadium Income is the biggest difference and a gap I can't bridge. Same goes for TV revenue and prize money since you need to perform for that and my squad is not strong enough to perform. 42M for the museum is just due to the fact I started playing almost 5 years later.

On the other hand your expenses will be sky high compared to my expenses. I had 174M wages and 303 maintenance, 886 transfer and 31 construction costs.

I am really curious to your income this season since you have renovated your club. I guess you end up sort of in line with my income.

@Numpty, intersting information about the HC, once my scout office is raised to 11 I will raise HC to 10 and I guess I will then start upgrading my museum till the end of time.

nl JvB
User
Registered2017-12-31
nl Jeka
au davo >> wednesday july 21 - 13:09

Yes. It wasn't sustainable. I had:

$440m wages

$480m maintenance

This adds up to about $920m

Last season I was in Division 2 and had a lower VIP level. I also had 2 Catering Staff. My numbers were:

$35m Sponsorship

$705m Stadium Income

$15m TV Revenue

$1m Prize Money

$50m "Other"

$75m Interest

This adds up to about $880m - so pretty much the same

However, my outgoiings were much less:

$55m wages

$480m maintenance

This adds up to about $535m

au davo