Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10355)

il Numpty >> saturday november 16 - 23:20

@Peter. My view is that if a player is useful then it's probably best to keep him. If you want staff you can always buy similar players on the transfer market. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
il Numpty >> sunday november 17 - 07:50, Edited sunday november 17 - 07:53

It's a trade off between talent and higher starting skills.

Your average player with talent 5 and TC 10 will increase by roughly 4-5 extra skill points during those 4 seasons, which are spread across 10 attributes. So on average that's about 1/2 a skill point per attribute. 

A highly talented player in a good FA will increase by roughly 7-8 extra skill points in 4 seasons. So on average that's about 3/4 of a skill point per attribute. However, at age 30 these will still be at or near their peak and very valuable so who would want to turn them into staff? But these will come with great skills when they are late 30s and ready to retire. 

By contrast a staff member with a talent of 6 who is not assigned to a facility will improve one level on every skill every 4 seasons. An average 8 talented 30 year would improve all their skills by 1.33 if left unemployed for 4 seasons.  That's obviously a faster rate of improvement than keeping them as players so is the better the long term strategy but if you need good skills quickly then buying older players is the way to go. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
hr Kupus >> monday november 18 - 20:43

@Dragontao

I do the same. Maybe not always the best choice from an economical point of view but much more fun.

hr Kupus
Community admin
Registered2015-10-14
de Regnum Croatorum
us Peter >> monday november 18 - 22:05

I've failed big time in this aspect of the game. Many of my staff members are going to retire and I don't have adequate replacements for them.

I'm an imbecile.

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
uy Awful >> tuesday november 19 - 16:52, Edited tuesday november 19 - 16:53

im hugely disappointed after losing todays derby  !  dmn i knew it before   ! there is one match each season like this, game engine wants to keep 1st place battle more interesting .! hate it ! so pissed and angry !

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
hr Internacionālā Daugava FC
ee Taavi >> tuesday november 19 - 20:08

Maybeur team needs a different coach

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
za Kaizer Motaung Jr >> wednesday november 20 - 03:58

Unfortunately the match cannot be displayed at the moment due to high load on the server. Please try again in half an hour. This is a temporary problem that will be resolved automatically. Your results will not be affected. You will receive the attendance bonus if you watched this page at the time the match was scheduled to be played.

za Kaizer Motaung Jr
User
Registered2016-02-28
cl La Unión
za Kaizer Motaung Jr >> wednesday november 20 - 03:59

What's this now im sick 

za Kaizer Motaung Jr
User
Registered2016-02-28
cl La Unión
uy Awful >> wednesday november 20 - 11:18

Kaizer Motaung Jr

thats nothing new, if this happens again, just pick different time for league matches .

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
hr Internacionālā Daugava FC
us Peter >> wednesday november 20 - 15:19

I don't know how bad the foul was that got my DM red carded, but now he's suspended for 4 games. Damn.

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
il Numpty >> wednesday november 20 - 15:42

4 games does seem a bit harsh. You do need to train him Correct though, DMs pick up a lot of cards if you don't.  

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
us Peter >> thursday november 21 - 16:41

Does it ever tick you guys off when your AM lingers by the goalie when the ball is being advanced up the field?

Why did I even place you at AM if you're gonna hang back while everyone else goes forward?

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
il Numpty >> thursday november 21 - 17:03, Edited thursday november 21 - 17:06

There's usually a reason, so thought I would take a look at your last match @Peter.

Your AM, Karamoko, only has 1.10 Tactics, so he doesn't really know his rear end from his elbow. You're probably lucky he hasn't found his way to Pizza Express in Woking...

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets