Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10371)

ca Alex Seymour >> thursday november 21 - 18:41

Yeah he doesn't have enough tactics to break a sweat.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
ee Balthazor >> thursday november 21 - 18:48

Maybe it's his way to avoid duels?

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
us Peter >> thursday november 21 - 18:50, Edited thursday november 21 - 18:51

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm gonna up my guy's tactics and hopefully things improve.

He now has 1.5. Help files say 1.5 tactics is the maximum amount of tactics that are beneficial on their own. I don't think any further tactics help, other than when he encounters players on the field with higher tactics?

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
ua Kalle >> friday november 22 - 07:51

I always tought that tactics are really important for midfieldpositions. My mids never have less than 3.0 tactics, and if possible closer to 4.0

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
nl Joddit >> friday november 22 - 19:53

@Kalle

So do mine (or at least up to 3). I don't really know if this is the right way to go. I suppose it could also depend on their role. DMs would probably have more use for tactics than a winger for instance. 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
il Numpty >> friday november 22 - 21:47, Edited friday november 22 - 21:50

Well this is what it says in the Help:

• Tactics is a tricky skill. All players benefit from 1 to 1.5 ball tactics, but after that you just want to have more than your opponent. You don't want to have too much either because you'll have weaker main skills. Tactics can play a major role in the result of a match so keeping an eye on your competitors may pay off. 

Either you spend loads of xp to try and get more than your opponent or just don't bother and stick with 1.5.  On that basis I would say that 1.5 seems to be a viable option for an attacking midfielder, although not necessarily the best choice. DMs will need a lot more. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Taavi >> friday november 22 - 22:02

And always train ur defenders 2,5 tactics, nobody trains over that on mids these days :D

And in 5 seasons the trend will reverse

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
nl Joddit >> saturday november 23 - 17:37

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-16904926

Haven't been able to beat the team who have been dead last from the start of the season. On both occasions they had one shot on target, both of those going in. On both occasions we had all the chances in the world, result: two 1-1 draws.

And to celebrate even further, the match engine keeps throwing injuries at me, especially in the u21s now. My training schedule is really in doubt now. I must be up to about 20 injuries for the season, most of which have been over 10 days. 

The game doesn't seem to like me for some reason, which is fair enough, but not a lot of fun for me. 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
il Numpty >> saturday november 23 - 18:41

Unlucky that.

Long term injuries can be a real nuisance. I did a HC upgrade earlier in the season and right after it finished I suddenly got a load of injuries. Go figure!

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Joddit >> saturday november 23 - 23:03

Yes, you are TC10, HC8 just like me. We should be mostly alright when it comes to injuries, but I suppose every now and then you just get a bad run. But spending nearly a million on recovery in the last 3 or 4 days (maybe 5) was absolutely brutal. Not to mention all the missed xp because of players leaving the field early.

Oh well, swings and roundabouts I suppose. 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
il Numpty >> saturday november 23 - 23:49

Yeah, healing costs are a pain, so I generally only pay to heal Popular players. Having said that my league matches are easier at my level so I don't have to rely on the best players and can get away with more squad rotation. 

Looking on the bright side I suppose the injuries would have been a bit longer had they occurred before my HC upgrade. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Joddit >> sunday november 24 - 18:53

@Numpty: I generally don't heal players because I need them to get a single result, although if you go back in time far enough you might be able to find an exception to that. I generally only heal players if they otherwise won't make it to 20 matches for the season.

That being said. I got yet another injury today, this time my number one striker and top scorer. It's not very long this time around (only 48 hours), but at some point it stopped being funny.

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-16904934

To be sure, I'm not complaining about the result today, this defeat was well earned as they were much better than we can hope to be. 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
rs Sale >> tuesday november 26 - 13:17

What?!? What is this nonsense? Where is my GK and defence?

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-16825164

rs Sale
User
Registered2013-08-15
rs Империјал
ee onuelver >> tuesday november 26 - 22:39

I see both teams playing with very ofensive lineups so many goals seem logical. Play 532 with DM and you win 0-2 or 1-3 this match.

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
rs Sale >> thursday november 28 - 15:11

This was a good chance to be first in the league, but the game said NO. It should have been simple until the end, I was afraid that might go wrong and it really did. Injuries, opponents with weird setup and tactics, my players playing poorly (the last match were the strikers). Thank you match engine for your glorious outcomes.

rs Sale
User
Registered2013-08-15
rs Империјал