Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10366)

nl Joddit >> sunday december 1 - 00:41

I don't think I was complaining about the lack of goals, but even when I do, I always do so in the context of my current group of players. 

I am well aware that certain specials will increase your chances of winning. I am not, however, going to panic-buy all kinds of players. In stead I am building my own squad, mostly through training, which takes time. Now, I appreciate that your advice was well meant and I thank you for it.

I will not spend 300 million on all kinds of players, because I am not Manchester City, nor do I intend to be. 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
ee onuelver >> sunday december 1 - 15:04

Where i speaked about panic-buy? Playmaker and Long Shots are both trainable attributes and available in TC level 8 if i remember correctly(maybe at level 6 or 7 already) so it should not be problem for TC10 team. 

Lack of goals is very visible in league table: you had one of best defences and one of least scored goals. So no need to be Sherlock Holmes to see weakest link. 

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
us Peter >> sunday december 1 - 15:47

Well, I ended up getting second in my division. I was 8 points behind first a couple weeks ago. I kept winning and inching closer to the first spot, and on the day I was supposed to overtake them, I got a draw. It was a good run, and maybe I shouldn't be frustrated, but I came so close just to fail on the most important match.

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
nl Joddit >> monday december 2 - 14:08

@onuelver

You didn't specifically speak about panic buys, I agree. In my experience that's what that usually boils down to. 

At the time of writing my frustration I was disappointed at giving away two points due to an injury time own goal which was indirectly caused by someone having to play due to earlier injury woes. I wasn't really looking for advice on how to score more goals, even though I did not specify.

Like I said before, I had no intention to disrespect you or your opinion. I'm working on my long term strategy and long shots and playmaking will be part of that. I am building back to front, however, so everything in due time.

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
il Numpty >> monday december 2 - 14:24, Edited monday december 2 - 14:30

You see this quite a bit in the Frustration thread. 

Managers post their frustrations and sometimes it turns out to be self-inflicted and they are given some good advice about fixing the problem. 

Others know the solution to their frustration but because it's a slow game and they have other priorities it can take a long time to change anything and fix it. Giving such managers advice will only increase their frustration. 

The problem is it can sometimes be difficult to know the difference between the two.

(For what it's worth my solution would be a couple of loan players, but equally some people don't wish to play that way.)

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Taavi >> tuesday december 3 - 15:07

Is there noone ever selling 27-30 year old good keepers , impossible :D

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
ro Andrei >> friday december 6 - 14:30
Um ... Fellas. I get that you need time to check transfers.

But ... 9 hours?

I will keep waiting.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
hr Kupus >> friday december 6 - 15:25

@Andrei

I hear your frustration and can relate to it. But, it, should be ok now.

The thing is that most of us has a work to do daytime, we also need to sleep during nights, which of course you are already aware of.

Sometimes the list grows beyond the acceptable 4-5 hours.

For general knowledge, we are discussing among admins how we can improve and simplify the process. Hopefully something good can come out of it.

hr Kupus
Community admin
Registered2015-10-14
de Regnum Croatorum
us Peter >> friday december 6 - 16:12, Edited friday december 6 - 16:13

I never thought I'd be saying this, but in all likelihiood I'm going to be promoted. I never thought I'd be saying this either, but I don't want to be promoted.

It's fun to win games and be competitive in division 2. I'll get some extra revenue in div 1, but anyone who looks at my team knows I won't get any measure of success there. It's going to be a long, boring season with no entertainment whatsoever.

I had to set my best lineups in the promotion playoffs though, because throwing games isn't allowed.

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
gr PMK >> friday december 6 - 17:26

@ Peter When the result affects only your team and noone else, in occassions like play offs for ascension, you can choose to deliberately lose the game (I think it's written somewhere).

gr PMK
User
Registered2013-09-20
il Numpty >> friday december 6 - 17:56, Edited friday december 6 - 18:02

This is what is written in the rules:

• Taking actions that are not in the interest of the team you are managing. Among other things this includes (1) intentionally letting a friend win against you, (2) making excessively high transfer bids to pass money to a friend or (3) intentionally ruining your own club.

So if you are acting in the best interests of your team and you are being fair to your opponents then it seems perfectly okay to lose. Especially if the opponent is a bot. 

What really needs fixing is the way the game works in this respect. If losing can sometimes be a good outcome for the team then there needs to be better incentives for winning.

In particular:

• better rewards for promotion and climbing the league
  • change popularity algorithm so that away wins are better than losses
il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Taavi >> friday december 6 - 18:09

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/league-ee.34/level-1/group-1

They will take away ur points if you lose 17-19

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
hr Kupus >> friday december 6 - 18:15

@Taavi

Do you mind sharing the reason behind your case?

hr Kupus
Community admin
Registered2015-10-14
de Regnum Croatorum
ec Land >> friday december 6 - 18:22

17-19?

It's that a bug or the actual result? How that happened if it wasn't a bug?

ec Land
User
Registered2017-12-14
ec Cocodrilos
ro Andrei >> friday december 6 - 18:41, Edited friday december 6 - 18:45
@Kupus

Thank you, mate. I figured that the work schedule might be the cause. Good to hear you are discussing it.

@Land

Considering the fact that points were taken away from the two teams, I think you can figure out the answer. Let's not discuss such cases on the forums though, considering it involved an admin decision.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30