Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10366)

nl Joddit >> thursday april 9 - 17:54

It seems that the match engine will not rest until she's taken all of my defenders out. This time it's my best full back who will be out until the 23rd. Earlier in the season she took two central defenders out at the same time, which meant that I had to play a youth player. Lovely, just lovely... 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
ng Don-x⭐Ⓜ dedicating s75 league&cup titles to hi >> saturday april 11 - 02:55, Edited saturday april 11 - 02:57

she can't take me out on many round :D

us Peter >> sunday april 12 - 01:16

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-17855695

This is what happens when my main GK gets a red card in the previous match

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
bg mo >> sunday april 12 - 11:24

I want more slots for the market, but I dont want to pay for game that has no updates for ages :( I am screwed.

bg mo
User
Registered2013-07-25
bg FC Smunck
nl Joddit >> sunday april 12 - 18:04

And yet again I lose a match through injury. This time she took my 2nd GK 30 minutes from time, which took me down to 10 men without a GK. As a consequence, both of their shots on target in the match, which obviously came in the final ten minutes, went in.

We were so much better in the first half 11 v. 11. Really annoying. 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
rs Sale >> monday april 13 - 21:13

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-17734567

-_-

rs Sale
User
Registered2013-08-15
rs Империјал
lv Tamaz >> tuesday april 14 - 07:49

Sale, again playing 4defs and you still crying about it?

lv Tamaz
User
Registered2013-07-20
lv Football Club Skonto
il Numpty >> tuesday april 14 - 08:11, Edited tuesday april 14 - 08:17

@Joddit

I certainly sympathise with losing your keeper in the second half, and that cost you the game. 

I looked at your match and would suggest the following:

The injured keeper is fragile so for that reason there would be less risk if you played him in the first half and swapped them at half time. In my view if you are using 2 keepers it's also better to play the stronger keeper in the second half. Everyone seems to do this the other way around. 

Regarding their 2 shots on target, in fact 7 out of their 8 shots came after you lost your keeper. This is a feature of the way the game is coded, as teams will take more shots against a weak keeper. If a player is in a position to shoot there is a calculation and if the chance of scoring is too small then he doesn't shoot. This is influenced by the Shooting setting. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Joddit >> tuesday april 14 - 08:32

@Numpty: 

"In my view if you are using 2 keepers it's also better to play the stronger keeper in the second half."

How do you reckon?

"Everyone seems to do this the other way around. "

I don't know about everyone, but I usually do. The reason for that is that, at least in some cases, it has appeared as though the game seems to operate under the impression that the stronger player is still there and fewer disasters seem to happen.

This impression I've gained through trial and simulation, although it is difficult to confirm whether it's actually true or a product of my rampant imagination and confirmation bias...

I do allow for exceptions in very specific cases, though, as I usually substitute very specific players on in specific circumstances, like penalty stoppers or penalty takers in cup matches, especially if it promises to be tight, since they will then be on the pitch when it matters... Make of that what you will...

"This is a feature of the way the game is coded, as teams will take more shots against a weak keeper."

Honestly, I don't know how the game is coded, but you could be right...

"If a player is in a position to shoot there is a calculation and if the chance of scoring is too small then he doesn't shoot. This is influenced by the Shooting setting. "

This I obviously knew about (at least in some form), although I hadn't connected it to a weaker GK.

I may have to look at some of my habits, maybe... Appreciate the time you took to point it out...

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
rs Sale >> tuesday april 14 - 12:58

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-17953042

Seriously is this soccer or a rats game. OMG!

rs Sale
User
Registered2013-08-15
rs Империјал
ee onuelver >> tuesday april 14 - 15:27

Just like Chelsea-Liverpool in CL once when Liverpool had maybe only 1 shot in 2 games and won with penalties. So it is soccer.

Both your matches had opponents with 5-4-1 so it must be effective against you. 

As you score in league quite few compared to others there must be weakness in offensive part. I say it's your midfield- it's trained like every midfield in Albanian league 25 seasons ago: stoneagely. Effective mid can't be good both in DM and AM position- he is good in one of them or none. Watch how some really top teams train their players.

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
rs Sale >> wednesday april 15 - 11:19

After watching how other leagues play I found out something. There is a league that uses 5-3-2 formation as a 6-2-2 formation. RIP soccer in Rocking Soccer.

If the economy in this game dies, there is no point for me to even play it. In the beginning this game was fun and interesting, but now it's just an abomination.

rs Sale
User
Registered2013-08-15
rs Империјал
ee onuelver >> wednesday april 15 - 15:55

In football history originally played 0-0-10 or 1-0-9 or something. The more time passed the more defensive formations turned. Bus parkings are like 8-1-1 already where all mids and forwards must be able to work defensively too. It's just natural path. We can't drag here direction lines to players which would all mids guide to defensive positions. 

I read somewhere that in very beginning of RS 6-2-2 was officially allowed but was too strong and then disallowed soon. I don't know it exactly as started in season 12. I have seen pictures of early Hattrick when you could play 10 defenders.

Economy part is quite rubbish yeah but there is no key to push players to market if most of top managers have quite similar players. With academies newer players last far over 30. I remember that originally players at certain age(32?) were turned to market value 0 so you had to sell them before. Now some players reach to best at 35 years and keepers even later. Long time forward at 27 was "best before passed". So i see only temporary help to increase declining factor by age. It would force teams to buy some more players regularly and activate market a little bit. Currently only active buyers are lower/newer teams with smaller budget who can buy some other cheaper players.

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
eng wonderlust >> thursday april 16 - 12:10

Most player types decline in ability from age 30 because the rate of skill decline increases from that age.  It's earlier for DMs (about 27) because you have to maintain 2 trainable skills (passing and duelling) rather than 1.  It's about 40 for GKs due to slower decline of blocking (there is another increase in the rate of skill decline from age 40).

No players reach their best at 35.

Besides, isn't this one for the suggestions board?

eng wonderlust
User
Registered2014-10-30
eng Forever We Are Wolves