Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Youth Academy 1 players (691)

uy Awful >> saturday july 27 - 07:01

thanks Numpty . i will edit or delete my missleading posts later.. enjoy this nice day  !

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
hr Internacionālā Daugava FC
tr Kurt >> monday august 12 - 05:36

https://rockingsoccer.com/tr/futbol/info/player-2004683

tr Kurt
User
Registered2013-05-19
tm Konyagücü Kurtları ►
uy Awful >> monday august 12 - 06:44

i think, better is to get four lvl 10 academy players each season, than 3.5 11lvl , or even 3 lvl 12  

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
uy Awful >> monday august 12 - 06:45

no point to waste $ to build 11 , if u cnt afford lvl 14 -16 . thats what im sayin

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
il Numpty >> monday august 12 - 07:20, Edited monday august 12 - 07:24

Interesting thoughts, Awful.

You may possibly be right, but consider the transfer market where prices are largely set by supply and demand.

There are now a very large number of clubs with YC 10 and there is easy availability of untrained YC 10 players with most of them selling for near their market value.  

However, although the number of YA1s and YA2s is steadily increasing the players do sell for quite a lot more than their market value on the transfer market. In my experience you have to get very lucky to buy talent 5.2 or greater at near market value. Although as supply increases I would anticipate prices falling. 

So, in short, I'm saying that having a YC 10 is not terribly useful because you can simply buy similar players on the transfer market. With YA 1 and 2 players it's not so easy to just buy them.  

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
uy Awful >> tuesday august 13 - 07:03

ya, am right..  game needs better economy to support YA owners . good players are cheap.  thank God im good strategist , but other guys may struggle after spending club budget on YA

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
au davo >> tuesday august 13 - 08:48

I agree Awful that you should not upgrade above a YC10 unless your finances are in place to increase beyond that. I do not necessarily agree with your strategy though. You are biulding a YA4 and have a FA1 but you do not have a Stadium 11. Without a Stadium 11 you are approaching the point where it will be too hard to save up for the Stadium upgrade. A Stadium 10 can only generate half of the income of a Stadium 11.

It may be that you have the cash reserved to pay for a Stadium 11, however it is also an issue to upgrade the YA instead of the FA. A YA11 player trained in a FA14 will gain more XP points than a YA14 trained in a FA11.

Having said this, you may be basing your strategy on selling your youths to finance the building work. Unfortunately this is much harder than it was with the days of $1bn+ transfers well and truly gone.

In my opinion it is the best strategy to upgrade to Stadium 11 before upgrading from a TC10 and YC10, then accrue maybe $3bn before you begin your final upgrades. Ultimately I think that FA14/YA14 is the most sustainable and you should be aiming to have $1bn remaining in the bank when you start the last of these so that you can maximise the interest income,

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
il Numpty >> tuesday august 13 - 08:55, Edited tuesday august 13 - 09:00

Awful, simply saying you're right doesn't prove a thing. You're more likely to convince people by providing a sensible reasoned argument. 

As to the game economy. Isn't it a good thing if people struggle with it? 

Surely the whole point of a game is that those at the top deserve to be there because they consistently make good decisions and not simply because they have been playing for 5 or 6 years. 

I would advocate making the game much more diifficult for those at or near the top so that only the very best managers can stay there. That would make the game far more interesting.

Edit

Some good sensible advice from Davo.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
uy Awful >> tuesday august 13 - 09:47, Edited tuesday august 13 - 09:48

im still learning english, but be sure, when i talk, you dont need any arguments to prove im right  .   my experiance and knowladge is argument that represents me best

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
uy Awful >> tuesday august 13 - 09:55

guys, keep posting players !  its interesting to see em .

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
il Numpty >> tuesday august 13 - 10:34, Edited tuesday august 13 - 10:57

@ Awful

Your English is perfectly understandable, but I'm afraid the logic is flawed.

I've noticed that some people on here use the "ad hominem" argument against you, where they attack the person rather than the argument. It's a well known logical fallacy - often used by politicians. People may be flawed but that doesn't mean they can't produce facts and good sound reasoning.

I refuse to use "ad hominem" myself and I have been willing to engage with your arguments at face value.  

However, there is a less well known but equally flawed logical fallacy called "ad verecundiam" meaning an argument from a position of authority. This essentially claims it's true because someone said so. I won't fall for that one either. It's false logic. 

Arguments are based on facts and evidence and then use logical reasoning to reach a conclusion. 

A person's knowledge, character and experience does have some value in giving some credence when facts and evidence may be disputed. Are you likely to believe them? 

But it is never relevant to the logic of an argument or when a conclusion  is given without any supporting evidence whatsoever. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
uy Awful >> tuesday august 13 - 10:47

you sound almost like a woman ! worth listening one

ok, i will try to make some points and arguments later on

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10
il Numpty >> tuesday august 13 - 10:51, Edited tuesday august 13 - 10:51

Lol, Awful.

I'm not a woman - I've just checked - but I'm afraid on this occasion I'm not providng any evidence. tongue-out

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
uy Awful >> tuesday august 13 - 11:07

alright Numpty ,

we need forum admins like you !

good day guys !

uy Awful
User
Registered2015-05-10