Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10355)

il Numpty >> saturday july 4 - 11:28, Edited saturday july 4 - 11:41

No worries @Joddit. 

Did you read this bit:

"And I've just remembered that I have concrete evidence of bots withdrawing. I can see this by looking at the bids on my own players that I am selling. The bot bids first and then withdraws when real people make their bids. 100%"

That's not speculation I've seen bots bid on my own players and then bot bid gets removed if someone else bids, although the number of bids says 2. 

Since this is disputed, it's probably best to wait until this happens again and then provide the evidence.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Joddit >> saturday july 4 - 14:12, Edited saturday july 4 - 14:14

I did read that but I am not buying it. In my view, my rebuttal stands (i.e. there is no actual evidence of withdrawal) 

Unless of course there is actual evidence in the code of bots somehow withdrawing. 

Obviously, your latest experience isn't consistent with bot teams withdrawing either... 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
il Numpty >> saturday july 4 - 14:47, Edited saturday july 4 - 14:53

Fair enough. 

Just so I'm clear.

Do you think that (1.) I've imagined seeing a bot team as a bidder and then  disappear when someone else bids or (2.) that's actually happened but you don't consider that to be 'evidence' and have a different explanation.

(And as I said in an earlier post I think it may be the case that this is not peculiar to bot teams. Simply that all bids under the asking price get withdrawn when someone offers the asking price. I think this is the most likely explanation.)

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Joddit >> sunday july 5 - 09:50, Edited sunday july 5 - 09:53

"Do you think that (1.) I've imagined seeing a bot team as a bidder and then  disappear when someone else bids or (2.) that's actually happened but you don't consider that to be 'evidence' and have a different explanation."

I don't know what you've seen or think you've seen, so I can't say. I think I've made my case as to what I think happens when bots bid and get overbid and why. If you think I haven't been clear enough, I'd be happy to elaborate, but I'm not comfortable telling other people that they have or haven't seen something. I think you might be drawing faulty conclusions, if I understood you correctly...

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
pii >> sunday july 5 - 13:27
since i currently have an evidence, i know whom's side i'd support.
i bid on a player now with no yes and 22% chance of winning, the leading opponent happened to be a bot, has two yes 88%, so i still make the maximum bid, instead of withdrawing they still has a whopping 71% chance. they wont withdraw even if there's more bidders. the player is a cheap option for my club staff.
pii
User
Registered2019-09-02
il Numpty >> sunday july 5 - 16:42

Clearly those bids have met the asking price @pii. That's not disputed. This  is the same situation as my original post on the subject. 

The question is whether bots (and maybe other users) have their bids removed when they are under the asking price and then get outbid. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ua Kalle >> monday july 6 - 07:12

@Numpty if you bid under asking price the highest bid (under asking price) will always win even if its a bot. Because only the highest bid is forwarded for acception to the selling manager.

for example. If asking price is 10 and you bid 8, bot bids 9 and other manager bids 7 only the bid of 9 will be given to selling manager. He doesn get the chance to select wich bid he accepts.

For this:

"Bot players can also buy or loan one of the players you put on the transfer-list, but they only do so if no human manager wants to buy this player. "

The bot did already bid as you stated, so when the bot made his bid no human manger wanted the player.

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
nl Joddit >> monday july 6 - 08:47

@Kalle:

You may have explained it a little better than I did...

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
eng Yid >> wednesday july 8 - 12:51

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-18514168

My Frustration In Europe Continues.

20 shots to 6, Result 3-3 There keeper 17 saves, my keeper 0 saves

Bot Line Up as their manager has not turned up in god knows how long (there really should be some kind of loss of performance for the players but that's another point entirely). 

2 defensive mids with hardley any dueling between them play 90 mins and not one of them even committs a foul let alone gets booked yet i can't get through 5 mins with a non dueling player in the defensive midfielder role.

Plus i was 3-1 up and then had my first leg lead taken away so all in all a very frustraiting game.

eng Yid
User
Registered2014-06-23
eng Tottenham Hotspur FC
ca Alex Seymour >> wednesday july 8 - 17:41

Unlucky Yid. I can't believe that after 53 seasons of winning the league every year, Union Bank of Switzerland is finally getting bored. Do you think this will be a historic year that we see a new winner there?

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng Yid >> wednesday july 8 - 18:07

Thnx Alex. I guess there will be a chance if the manager does not come back.

eng Yid
User
Registered2014-06-23
eng Tottenham Hotspur FC
hu Zsone >> wednesday july 8 - 18:10

wow...52 seasons winning the league in a row...is he the only one who won all the leagues since RS started?

hu Zsone
User
Registered2016-07-14
au davo >> thursday july 9 - 10:34

Yes

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
ua Kalle >> thursday july 9 - 10:38

Union bank of Switzerland was online 3 hours ago and is nr 1 in the Div. Doesnt look like quiting to me :)

Not that great a team..

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
eng holt >> friday july 10 - 04:35

@Kalle Look at the state of that league.No one could possibly catch up in the next 20 seasons.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18