Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10371)

ca Alex Seymour >> tuesday july 21 - 04:33

I always play 2 different lineups in the interlands and the main games anyway so it shoudn't matter.

Only crazy NT managers put players in both matches!

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
lv Ar4ers >> tuesday july 21 - 05:49

Or bot NT managers 

lv Ar4ers
User
Registered2014-12-30
lv Rīgas Dinamo
pl MAT >> tuesday july 21 - 09:02

Yes is normal

pl MAT
User
Registered2014-06-04
dk Mystic Warrior Copenhagen
ee Balthazor >> tuesday july 21 - 09:34, Edited tuesday july 21 - 09:36

Those managers are more common than you think- many weaker (countries) managers play both matches with same lineup to win at least interlands keeping artifically up their ranking. 

But my second keeper is AGAIN injured and so I have to replace him in interland with fieldplayer...his manager doesn't heal him. Antoshin was injured on previous day, yesterday he got new injury. First injury was "is in serious pain. He picked up an injury." and it lasted 3 days, now he "goes to the ground and seems to be really hurt." I have another player injured too so someone must play 2 matches anyway. 

Most idiotic is that it's interland just minutes before qualification, vice versa it would not be big problem. But this combination should be automatically avoided!!! I can't put to interland lineup with 10 players and normally nobody sets friendly match just before competitive match. 

About picking 3 keepers: why should I have in squad 2 keepers who will never be #1 keepers and take away spot from hot prospect fieldplayer? I have experience with picking 3 keepers years ago: best one got injured and another was called back for playoffs. At least then interland was later, but remaining older keeper was too crap to pick. 

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
il Numpty >> tuesday july 21 - 10:03, Edited tuesday july 21 - 10:07

Agreed about the scheduling problems etc. 

But have you considered that playing an outfield player in goal will damage his position experience. I wouldn't be terribly pleased about that if I were his manager. That's probably worse than sending a player back tired.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Yid >> tuesday july 21 - 13:08

@ Balthazor. That is exactly the reason why you should have 3 keepers in your squad. It is called sensible squad selection which covers as many situations as possible including your keeper getting injured or suspended. That way you would not have this problem now. Having one more outfield player is really not that benificial in my oppinion.

eng Yid
User
Registered2014-06-23
eng Tottenham Hotspur FC
eng Stephen >> tuesday july 21 - 17:17

Or leave the squad at 22, so you can do a last minute call-up

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng Stephen >> tuesday july 21 - 20:00

I have to say I agree with some of the posters here who have been critical of some NT managers. Someone has destroyed my GK today playing 180 mins when his endurance is low. Playing him in the inter land match when the second GK was actually better due to the fatigue penalty is just mad. He’ll next be fully fit on Thursday at 06.44. That’s around more than a day and a half after he finished his NT game.

It’s a good job I don’t have any important matches on Wednesday. *whispering noises* What’s that? A CL group stage match. Oh, FFS.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
za Kaizer Motaung Jr >> wednesday july 22 - 03:19

I want to quit in the national team they talk too much before the ask why

za Kaizer Motaung Jr
User
Registered2016-02-28
cl La Unión
hu David >> wednesday july 22 - 06:03

I don´t care about the ranking, I give also chance for young players. The players in NIR aren´t good... In SUI I fell also down at the rankings, because I played with "2 teams" this way everybody get the chance in the squad to have experience.
1. The problem is, the friendly games are important too, some managers are playing with the best players, to improve the ranking. 

2. Or the friendly games must make the players less tired than now.

3. Or a third way could be, that managers could set, that "Player A" is allowed to participate the NT games...

hu David
User
Registered2016-10-22
hu FC Ajka
ee Taavi >> wednesday july 22 - 08:09, Edited wednesday july 22 - 08:10

@Stephen i will gladly play against u in EC R32 , what great banter we could have...

Ill start , Stephen has stinky feet

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
eng Stephen >> wednesday july 22 - 08:26

That’s below the belt, Taavi. Those feet are caused by a recognised medical condition.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> wednesday july 22 - 08:46, Edited wednesday july 22 - 08:49

I watched a few of these international friendlies yesterday ... was rather surprised to find no-one using Easy tackling and at least one experienced manager using Pressing.  No wonder they come back tired. 

* Scratches head *

The simple fix should be that friendly results don't count towards anything.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ee Taavi >> wednesday july 22 - 09:14

It would be wierd if ir feet were above the belt Stephen

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa