Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10368)

nl Joddit >> monday august 3 - 09:26

@Numpty: Right... Well, each their opinion, I suppose... 

The thing that broke this forum for me was the remark by @revisão do exame SSR which seems to be a bit out of place at a frustration topic for me and on top of that even got some upvotes as well.

I don't think I need to be a part of that anymore...

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
eng Stephen >> monday august 3 - 11:50

It’s probably either he hasn’t seen your posts about the amount of injuries you’ve had or the classic gag where someone says “don’t get me started on X” and the other person tries to get the person to talk about it. The kind of zany bantz that @Taavi has tried to trade mark.

Either of these explanations seem pretty harmless to me.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
nl Joddit >> monday august 3 - 14:09

@Stephen

I don't think I claimed he meant to do harm, nor do I think that's important. It is not just this instance and it's not just about me. I see posts on this forum of people blowing of some steam, because of a situation or result that they are unhappy about (which in my view is always fair here, no matter how unreasonable I may deem that assessment), followed by unsolicited advice or discussion (or sometimes worse). Maybe I've even been guilty of that myself in the past so I'm not just here to judge others. 

Now, I can't speak for everybody, but I think we can all find the questions forum if we really to give or get advice, but I don't think that's what this forum is all about.

I don't think I am going to change the culture on this forum and so I am not so sure I should be a part of that anymore.

To be fair to Stephen. Not all of this is specifically aimed at you, only the first sentence actually. It is not my intention to make any specific accusations to anyone. 

nl Joddit
User
Registered2018-03-02
nl Domstad FC
il Numpty >> monday august 3 - 14:26, Edited monday august 3 - 14:27

Perhaps some people get frustrated at the frustrations of others if they seem to be frequent or unreasonable or self-inflicted or whatever ... 

It is the frustration thread after all.  :)

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng holt >> tuesday august 4 - 12:49

@Joddit I'm interested in your ideas to modify the culture of the forum,simply because I've never seen a more well-mannered and self regulated internet forum as this.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
tr Mavi >> wednesday august 5 - 18:02, Edited wednesday august 5 - 18:02

12 interland matches away in a row. possibility of this is 1/4096 !

tr Mavi
Admin
Registered2013-02-14
tr Just Looking Around FC
ee Taavi >> wednesday august 5 - 18:06

Or in poker , a normal day

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
il Numpty >> wednesday august 5 - 22:08

Why are you playing Interland matches during your poker game?

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng holt >> thursday august 6 - 08:45

My hopes of an invincible season were flushed down the toilet:

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/match-18439062

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ee Taavi >> thursday august 6 - 10:18

@dragontao

In todays wierd times attendances are being set in two pairs

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
eng Stephen >> thursday august 6 - 12:21

I’d love to know who’s randomly downvoting some of these innocuous posts. Bizarre behaviour.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> thursday august 6 - 12:28

I expect they have a chip on their shoulder. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
ro Andrei >> thursday august 6 - 13:32
Damn straight.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30