Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10366)

nl Koen >> wednesday october 21 - 18:30

Whatever their reasons, banning the account is ridiculous and there isn't a single reason to consider it. Obviously someone can fire his own players, almost everybody does it when selling players to the bank. It's hurting noone. 

nl Koen
Registered2013-03-21
us cdowne >> wednesday october 21 - 19:02

fired is different than selling to the bank.  When you sell to the bank you see the sale price, not "Player if fired" 

Also, I don't see anything in the help about firing players.  Maybe I'm missing it. 

us cdowne
User
Registered2014-05-13
us Sidney Town FC
nl Koen >> wednesday october 21 - 23:37

How is it different? The player is out of the game. The difference is in the wording, but it's basically the same thing. Anyway, I don't see any reason why people who have nothing to do with that decision should take any offence in other peoples decisions. Let alone calling for a punishment while nothing against them is done, nor any rule broken. Please live and let live.

nl Koen
Registered2013-03-21
us cdowne >> wednesday october 21 - 23:49

The difference is that when someone fires a player in a transfer window instead of selling the player for 25 million to the bank they are not acting in their team's best interest. This is especially true if they bought a player for 600 million within the same transfer window. This is why people think there is a rule being broken. If firing and selling to the bank is basically the same thing, I'd love to see your Costa rican team fire players instead of selling them ( that is a friendly joke). 

Additionally, I dont see an option for firing a player. Does this exist within the transfer window? I also don't see mention of it in help. So, perhaps only admins have this option? Maybe we can get clarification. It is certainly possible I missed it.

us cdowne
User
Registered2014-05-13
us Sidney Town FC
il Numpty >> wednesday october 21 - 23:52, Edited wednesday october 21 - 23:54

I think people are just trying to make sense of it.

These aren't players nearing retirement that may not be worth a whole lot. So firing them is not a great loss to a fairly rich club. 

They are valuable players, young or mid 20s, for which their managers recently paid a small fortune.  A billion for one player and hundreds of millions for some of the others. 

Why would they be fired when they paid so much to buy them?

Something doesn't smell right.

@ cdowne 

Just so you know. All players can be fired from the reserves. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Koen >> thursday october 22 - 00:30

Ok, I'll have to concede that it is indeed not in the teams best interest to buy a player and then immediately fire him. However, that does not change my opinion that it's usually still the owners prerogative. I know that the TOS states that you have to act in your teams best interest, but I consider that rule to exist because of people using accounts to cheat, help friends and so on. That's clearly not the case here. In this case someone has spent years to build one of the strongest teams in the game, he has acted in the teams best interest much better then almost everybody else. But most importantly, he may have taken an action that some may not like, but I'd hate to see that everybody is a judge in what others can or cannot do when it totally doesn't concern them. 

The option for firing a player is on the bottom of your reserve squad. If you move a player to your reserves, you can fire him there. Everybody has that option. And given that the option is explicitly available, I'd argue that the use of that option does not make someone at fault. Why would it otherwise be there?

I appreciate your friendly joke by the way, but I humbly decline firing my players, I prefer to get some money for them. I do reserve the right to do so however. And to return the friendly joke: If you like me to fire my players instead of selling them, does that mean that you are willing to give up on the principle as soon as self interest comes into play? ;)

nl Koen
Registered2013-03-21
gr PMK >> thursday october 22 - 06:12

This is insane. They could sell these players way too easy. Plus, these players would play for their NT someday. They not only harm their teams, but also national teams and the total welfare of the game as they now have raised suspicions among other users.

gr PMK
User
Registered2013-09-20
ee Balthazor >> thursday october 22 - 06:29

I have fired some players at very beginning when there was no bank or staff  option. First one was some 21yo level 1 youngster with less than 1 star and later couple of too old players who lost their market value because of age restriction(32?), so being unsellable. 

Another reason of firing too good player can be financial problems like it has happened here with some keepers having enormous wages. It can be also some protest action or attempt to liquidate too good players, who would turn away balance of game(I suspect that for Real Madrid). On second case it looks more like some rage because of loss at Club World Cup as almost all fired players appeared there. Peruvian NT lost almost half of its first team. 

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
eng holt >> thursday october 22 - 07:54

@Koen The manager isn't completely unaccountable for his actions.He still owes an explanation to the NT manager if the fired player was part of the national team.

Although this seems completely outlandish, there is a possibility that before a big match, Nation A's manager could ask another manager who has a large number of Nation B's players to fire them,essentially giving Nation A a walkover(against Nation B).

Plus I don't think anyone will ever fire a player to make the game "fair".

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ee Balthazor >> thursday october 22 - 08:43

NT walkover idea would not work as fired players stay available for NT until next shortlisting. 

So main morale is: be careful with selling your ST...he may get into better FA than yours, but lost too in worst case. 

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
nl Koen >> thursday october 22 - 08:51

@Holt

I was expecting this to come up in the discussion at some point. The NT's. I know many people hold a different view, but accountability to the NT-coach is something I really cannot fathom. To me, to play this game well is a combination of managing buildings, buys and sales, etcetera. A managementgame with many options and hard to play well. The fact that the option was given to users to manage an NT, i.e. putting a set of given players on a pitch and then watch what happens, is to me some bonus to enjoy the game. Nothing more. It's nice that people can do that and have some fun with it, but accountability to them? Sorry... Of course you have a point when a bug is used to cheat. Cheating is never ok. But in this case, someone fired his players and they are now out of the game. This does not seem to be an instance of the cheating you mention, right?

But I will withdraw from this discussion. I have made my points, and according to the thumbs up and down I must conclude that more people disagree then do agree with my point of view. I am however a bit disappointed that my general remark of 'Live and let live' was downvoted several times. Apparently some people feel the need to judge others more then to give eachother some room in making their own decisions. I think that's a pity. Apart from that, I have had private messages that there might me more going on then I am aware of, so I will refrain from further comments. I would like to stress though, that whether something is going on or not, I am advocating a general idea of how to treat each other, nothing more.

nl Koen
Registered2013-03-21
eng Stephen >> thursday october 22 - 10:21

I’d be pretty disappointed if we couldn’t all agree to treat each other with respect and courtesy. And not just because that’s what the terms of service ask us to do, but because being respectful and kind costs nothing and makes a huge positive difference to how we interact. 

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng holt >> thursday october 22 - 13:06, Edited thursday october 22 - 15:14

@Koen You feel that the sole purpose of NTs are to provide that extra spice to the game,which is fair enough. I mentioned this(the previous post) because on numerous occasions we see criticism dished out to the NT managers whenever a certain player is selected/left out, gets burnt out or injured right before an important club match etc. ,which means that there are a decent number of managers who care deeply about the NTs.

My post should have been directed more towards them than to you,because one cannot hold others accounable for their actions while not fulfilling your responsibility towards them.

Even if it may seem to be restricting your free will, -which isn't the case here since there are no repercussions if you fire a player- it helps maintain the "moralistic balance" of the game. (I know that this comes off as unnecessary philosophism but still...)

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
lv Ar4ers >> thursday october 22 - 13:56

I hope Nemo will write what was his motivation to do that 

lv Ar4ers
User
Registered2014-12-30
lv Rīgas Dinamo
il Numpty >> thursday october 22 - 17:30

You'll have to find him first. :)

il Numpty
User