Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

Eurovision (56)

ph meow the cat >> wednesday may 15 - 07:48

Australia, Belarus, Czech Republic, Cyprus, and Greece deserved it.

I was upset about Estonia qualifying (sorry, but no offense).

Hungary, Finland, or Poland deserved better

ph meow the cat
User
Registered2018-04-18
ph Puso ng Baguio
ee Kaarel >> wednesday may 15 - 08:58

* Artist of Hungary had similliar song in ESC few years back (which was alot better and more catchy).
* Australia had some similiarities with Estonian previous year song.
* Estonian song is kind of meh, but it stood out with different style performing after Iceland. 
* Cyprus song is like vol. 2 of their previous year song.

* Loved Poland. I was amazed how this rough sounding language could sound actually good in a song.

ee Kaarel
User
Registered2013-12-25
ee Anonüümsed Alkohoolikud
ee Balthazor >> wednesday may 15 - 19:35

I was fan of Portugal since discovered their song. But green static costumes were maybe too dark and masked their dance too. White ones in Portuguese final with golden accessories were far more effective (couple of weeks ago they were in betting tables close to top 10). And after two really poor year people who search for more interesting stuff possibly stopped watching.

Poland was big positive surprise to me. But jurys refuse already several years to give them points, probably on political reasons and this year might be same thing as mentioned with Portugal.

My third favourite was Georgia, but that song was clearly non-ESC song. 

Estonian song was just average radiopop and won local final because of being far most played in radios previously after making candidates public. We had couple of better songs, but overall selection was quite boring. Victor's singing yesterday was quite bad tbh. I predicted us to some border places after national final, in ESC final we are on one of last places probably. 

San Marino was just ...awful and poorly performed crap. 

Greece was quite a disappointment for me, previously it seemed to be much better somehow. Czech song is very boring one. 

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
pt Sir Alex >> wednesday may 15 - 21:18
LOOOL

The Portuguese ´song` and ´performance` is the true meaning of this festival. It is the complete lack of values, collective stupidity, authentic clowning, the true image of our present 'humanity'.

To be honest, for that reason, i expected him to win the festival.

Anyway i do not watch the festival some 2 decades ago (or more), if there is something minimally reasonable (i doubt it) i hope it wins.
pt Sir Alex
User
Registered2013-05-04
ph meow the cat >> thursday may 16 - 02:39

Estonia is a copy of Avicii.

Iceland is not radio-friendly for me, and not for kids

Portugal, uhhh.. It's in my 11th-13th in the semi-finals, so I am not surprised

Belarus made me rock, it deserved finals.

SEMI-FINAL 2 PREDICTIONS: Ireland, Russia, Switzerland, Malta, The Netherlands, Moldova, Norway, Sweden, Albania, Azerbaijan

ph meow the cat
User
Registered2018-04-18
ph Puso ng Baguio
ee Kaarel >> thursday may 16 - 05:24

@Hierjel - It is not just Avicii, this is average scandinavian style pop-song. Can't give that genre to one guy :)

ee Kaarel
User
Registered2013-12-25
ee Anonüümsed Alkohoolikud
eng Dragontao >> saturday may 18 - 20:34

Denmark and Estonia are the best two for me so far I think (though that's not saying a lot as it is Eurovision).

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
ph meow the cat >> saturday may 18 - 21:16

Vote for Australia yeahhh

ph meow the cat
User
Registered2018-04-18
ph Puso ng Baguio
eng Dragontao >> saturday may 18 - 22:07

They don't half drag it out don't they ... ZZZZzzzzzz

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
ca Alex Seymour >> sunday may 19 - 19:22, Edited sunday may 19 - 19:23

I miss Terry Wogan

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng Dragontao >> sunday may 19 - 22:21

I don't miss Wogan at all, couldn't stand the bloke.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2