Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Competitions

League of the Philippines/NT of the Philippines (1416)

vu Amun-Ra >> friday june 19 - 12:08
Red Jasper.

this game is easy as fucc

goalkeepers:

Blocking!
Tactics 1-2 balls
passing 1 ball

defenders:

central: duelling to 4, blocking to 2, then its up to you
wing: duelling to 4, passing to 2

mids:

passing to 4
after that duelling if you want to 2-3

forwards:

scoring

tactic not higher than 30 trainings

thats how I start training my players.

Now I found something more fun. Blocking for forwards (when its 3-4 high, I assume they will intercept lots of passes from weak passing defenders.
midfielders I train duelling to have the strongest midfield. (everyone with 3 should dominate most midfield plays) And for defenders, a lot of blocking for all of them. Curious what that team will do later in the game
vu Amun-Ra
Registered2013-04-09
ua Garfman >> friday june 19 - 14:59
Alright!!!! The race for the title remains interesting after a 2-0 win against Holy Flora, closing the gap to 3 points. I just hope we can keep the pressure up until the end :-)
ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registered2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC
ca Nicolas >> friday june 19 - 18:55
Adobo FC is playing its most important game of the season tomorrow against Cebu Bulls. These two teams are 2nd and 3rd in division 2 and it's a derby since both teams are based in Cebu. I'm gonna show them how to win in rocking soccer.
ca Nicolas
Registered2013-08-13
ph Red Jasper >> saturday june 20 - 14:17
Thank you for the tips, Garfman and Pepe. Really appreciated. : )
ph Red Jasper
User
Registered2015-05-29
ph 保级队求轻虐 >> saturday june 20 - 14:56
Garfman is not on the best,with a draw 0-0with me~
ph 保级队求轻虐
User
Registered2014-05-23
ua Garfman >> saturday june 20 - 16:07
You were very lucky that my forwards were having a bad day :-) That should effectively put an end to our challenge for the title. We will focus on holding on to second position now.

@Floyd It will be a crucial match if you still want to reach second position :-)
ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registered2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC
ca Nicolas >> sunday june 21 - 05:12
Well I lost 2-1 and the 2nd position is probably out of reach. It's the fault of their goalkeeper, he got a rating of 8. :/
ca Nicolas
Registered2013-08-13
ph Sliv >> tuesday june 23 - 06:03
FYI, I agree with some posters that a topic in the main forum is not ideal.
I like the forum linked to our league, however that's 1 forum for each level/division.
Better would be a Forum for all managers active in the Philippines (and also Pinoy managers active in other countries).

But until that's provided, I suppose this is our best option :-)

Other than that, I don't have much to say, but I'll follow & read.

Pepe, thanks for the tips. It seems the ideal formula to winning is still a secret, which I guess is good for the game... Not so good for lazy me though ;-)
ph Sliv
Registered2013-06-02
ua Garfman >> tuesday june 23 - 07:59
@Sliv I agree also, but at this point this seems to be the best solution, and hopefully it will alert those in charge that a better solution is needed for the league forums, which tend to see very little activity and conversations die out very quickly.

@Floyd As long as you can hang on to third position, you'll be fine, man :-)

Unfortunately the last Filipino team in the international leagues is now also out of the competition. We did win, but unfortunately we bowed out on away goals.

Tomorrow will be another important day, with the Cup Final and U21 Champions Cup semifinals coming up.
ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registered2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC
ph Roldan Payusan >> tuesday june 23 - 08:30
Gudluck garfield manila :D
ph Roldan Payusan
User
Registered2014-03-11
ph GenSan City FC
ph Flora >> tuesday june 23 - 08:48
cup !!! come on....Garfman

Garfman player is very best
ph Flora
User
Registered2013-10-04
ph Holy Flora
ua Garfman >> tuesday june 23 - 11:21
Hahaha, you are too modest, Flora. We are evenly matched at the moment. This match could go either way. Good luck to you!
ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registered2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC
ua Garfman >> tuesday june 23 - 11:22
@Roldan Salamat po :-)
ua Garfman
Head community admin
Registered2013-02-08
ph Garfman FC
ph 保级队求轻虐 >> tuesday june 23 - 14:57
only 9 matches left,fight for 3rd place which is my best rank in first league