Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

FRUSTRATION (Season 25+) (10371)

eng holt >> wednesday october 13 - 16:08, Edited thursday october 14 - 06:19

Absolute abomination. I lose the relegation playoff's first leg by 8-3, so I didn't bother setting the lineup for the second match. I win the 2nd leg 7-0 with all my main players in reserves and now I can't even check as to what happenned.

Another two months of rotting in the first division.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ua CristianS9 >> wednesday october 13 - 16:12

This game simply doesn't want to give up on you. That's all. Have faith fellow manager! 

ua CristianS9
User
Registered2021-09-19
il Numpty >> wednesday october 13 - 17:38, Edited wednesday october 13 - 17:39

I'm sorry @Holt but notwithstanding your undoubted frustration that did make me laugh.

For what it's worth if you don't set your line-up the bot manager picks from all the players in the squad including the reserves. So all your best players would have been selected which is no doubt why you won so heavily.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Lee >> wednesday october 13 - 20:53

Can anyone lend me $100M? My money didn't go as far as I thought it would, and now my balance has a minus sign in front of it!

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
au davo >> thursday october 14 - 07:22, Edited thursday october 14 - 07:23

I am seeing way too many greedy L15 players. I cannot understand why this is not the first on everyone's exclude list. A L15 player in a YA4 is going to probably end up earning maybe $500m over his career. Greedy will add $250m to that. Given that you could buy almost any player for $250m, why would you ever consider buyingor developing a greedy player?

Also, being new to the decent player transfer market, I find it a bit frustrating that some clubs have no sense of the worth of players. Seeing the same players up for sale for $250m every day is a little tiresome. I guess that they may be hoping for a moment of drunken stupidity from someone or a random bot bid, but given the amount of losses that some teams are making, surely they need the money.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
hu David >> thursday october 14 - 09:27, Edited thursday october 14 - 09:27

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-2287158/transfer

Actually how fair is it, if a player has 5 offers (incl the second team of the owner of the player), and than bidding again with the second team to start the next round of the negotiations?
Pushing up the price since more seasons on this player for sure, maybe there are more examples from this team.

hu David
User
Registered2016-10-22
hu FC Ajka
il Numpty >> thursday october 14 - 09:58

Apparently it is allowed for loan players but not for transfers. 

When you bid on your own player it's impossible to tell whether it's shill [fake] bidding or a genuine bid. For that reason it would be better if it was not allowed under any circumstances.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng holt >> thursday october 14 - 10:25

@davo I do not know about bigger teams, but I've been hoping for a drunken bid for 3 seasons now.

I have sold off most of the stock in the recent seasons and I'm still some 350 million RSD away from Stadium 11. I have only two players who can help me reduce that deficit by a great margin.

Now if you didn't want to farm and login everyday to set the u-21 and senior lineups, would you bank in on say 50-70 million or keep trying for some schmuck (or bot) to give you 150 million?

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng Dragontao >> thursday october 14 - 10:56, Edited thursday october 14 - 10:58

When I had a second club, I would try and loan under 21 players to my second team if they were good enough for my second team's first 11.

It was always a risk someone else would bid on them, though often you'd wonder why or if it was just to boost their u21 cup chances as the player was nowhere near good enough for the bidding club's first team.

The reasons for loaning to second team being:

1. I could guarantee maximum XP for them by only playing first team league matches.

2. I could make sure they weren't going to end up in an abandond team where they'd end up being played in every u21 match and 1st team match, therefore risking injury and increased costs.

Because I wanted them for my second team, I would increase the bid, not to raise addtional cash, which was usually a pittance in the greater scheme of things, but because I was damn well going to make sure I gave myself every chance of putting the player where I wanted them. Didn't always pan out that way, but that's the chance you took.

Most of those players used in this way I'd never have put on loan if I didn't have the option of loaning to my second team.

In fact, one of the reasons I had a second team was that it helped me manage my first team's u21 squad in this way.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
il Numpty >> thursday october 14 - 11:40, Edited thursday october 14 - 11:41

Second teams are meant to be run independently @Dragontao.

They are not intended to be used to help your first team in any way. Although I completely understand your reasons you've just made a very strong case why having loan players from your first team should not be allowed. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Dragontao >> thursday october 14 - 15:27

Loaning them in this way isn't vastly different to loaining them to other clubs. It just avoids them being misused.Other's can bid on them and if they really want the player. In the end the system will randomly decide where they go.

It doesn't mean the second team isn't being run independently. I'm still attempting to loan a player good enough for the first team who will play and improve the team if the bid is won. Just as if I attempted to loan players from elsewhere and kept upping the bid in an attempt to secure the loan.

The player will still be advertised on the transfer market. If others want them they can bid. It's no different than someone messaging a manager and asking if they can loan a player, or making an ad hoc approach to do so, as happened to me many times, and a loan bid being accepted, which then places the player on the market for loan for everyone else too.

The only real difference is I get to retain a VERY limited amount of control over where the player might end up to try to mimimise risk. One of the very few remaining perks of a VIP system which has little value.

The help to the first team? Potentially 1000 xp, if the club the loaned player went to was to play the full XP earning league matches in the u21s, decreasing by 50xp for every game played in the first team, which is where realistically they should be playing or why the hell are they being bid upon in the first place.

I suggested, a long time ago when we still had a developer who gave a damn, that there was an option in the loan system which enabled managers to say if they were happy for players to play in u21 matches or first team only. It was ignored.

The maximum players you could loan to your own team would be 3 (or is it limited to two incoming from any one team, I can't remember). The loan system itself is there to help manage your team numbers if you choose to. So in the greater scheme of things, it conveyed very little advantage.

Apart from the occasional player good enough for my second team I only put up loan players who were over 22, thereby eliminating the problem, or those who would never make a first team and were occasionally loaned to a bot. I never once loaned out the maximum number of players I could have as a VIP3, nowhere near.

As I have not had a second team for some time and am no longer a VIP, it's not something I've done for a while but I wouldn't complain about others doing it.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
nl Aad Mansveld >> saturday october 16 - 18:24

Totally agree with Dragontao

nl Aad Mansveld
User
Registered2013-06-09
nl **** The Hague FC ****
ee Balthazor >> saturday october 16 - 19:15

I have probably never loaned first club players to second club because players I wanted to loan out were not good enough for second team. My best youngsters played always in first team and as Youth Cup is only available trophy now I have been hunting that. So I loaned out players who couldn't fit to my best u21, mostly they went to botteams. It would be option after starting with new second team, but currently it's not in my nearer plans. 

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
ee onuelver >> saturday october 16 - 20:40

Maybe in very first seasons i tried to loan some players from first to second but mostly they choosed some else club. But most of time my clubs are very young clubs and my second club needed better loans for Europe. At some moment i looked that loan fees of best youngsters were higher than price of some oldie and my second team turned to graveyard i despised always. 

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
How he didn't get a facility downgrade this season again is beyond me.
https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/team-2548