Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

About abuse of transfer system (66)

gr Getas >> tuesday september 10 - 16:31
Day-trading (as I believe this practice is called is some games) is not "cheating" or even a problem in my opinion: Someone who wants to risk buying a player that he believes is going cheap, so as to sell him later, is doing something that is open for everyone to do: if a good player is being sold cheap, then jump in and buy him yourself!

Secondly it is not really something that gives rich teams an unfair advantage: if they snap up tens of players, cleaning out the market, they are likely not to be able to sell them all, and be saddled with a number of them for half a season or so. They are likely then, to pick up really good bargains - and how many of these appear in each transfer window?

On the other hand, small and poor teams (like me) would benefit from day-trading, although, for obvious reasons their profits would be counted in the thousands of dollars rather that in the millions. If you take away this option from them, it will be that much more difficult to get out of the rut. I say this because next transfer window I plan to snach up as many bargains as I can, either to keep for a while or to sell immediately: my team atm is so bad that I have already been knocked out of the cup and in the 4th division prize money is very low, so how am I supposed to improve?

However because I understand the frustration this practice can cause, may I propose a solution different to completely disallowing reselling: Maybe every time you sell a player you lose a few fans (they follow him to his new team, they only liked your team because he played there, whatever). This would be proportionate to how good a player was. That way day-trading would not penalise low-level teams trying to buy and sell 2 ball players, but it would "cost" teams buying and selling 4 ball players lots of fans!
gr Getas
Community admin
Registered2013-07-27
gr Άρις Μεσσηνίας
au Mr Legs >> tuesday september 10 - 21:32
I don't have a problem with buying & selling players for profit. It is one of many strategies that help you get ahead in this game. There is good profit to be mafe on the transfer market & the "day trading" is just one approach. I sometimes buy players too weak to play in my team, develop them for a seson or two & sell them at a large profit. This type of activity keeps the markets active & helps everyone to make good profits on their players, which overall helps everyone in the game.
au Mr Legs
User
Registered2013-02-08
ar Tonami >> thursday september 12 - 00:13, Edited thursday september 12 - 00:15
Getas... in my opinion, you are wrong... all the dts or players like u can buy or sell everyone in your team... now you are not very lucky cause your league was not one the first in improve on number of players, so a fourth division team was recently created givin it youngest players but weaker than a five season team.. for your team this is the second season so your results will not be the best.. but with the same team than others u can improve your players better, and the same for your team (there is better players on the market than before) than seasons ago... Older teams didnt have the posibily to buy good players.. they had to get their facilities up to have good players.. u can buy them..

And older dts is totally ok to be much better than u, they develop their faciliets a long time ago.. u are a new team on 4th division.. is very logic to have a 4th division team on a champions league or something similar??

PD: I just see your team.. u bought a lot of youth players, but not any good oldie.. thats why u lost the cup =/

BUT... Im totally agre with the popularity of players.. use it to get popularity and sell tickets... its very usefull to keep older players controlled jajaja

AND SORRY MY SPANGLISH.. I try to participate for practise a little =P
ar Tonami
User
Registered2013-05-19
gr Getas >> thursday september 12 - 13:12
Tonami. You have some valid points there, but imo the gap between new teams and older ones is just going to get wider, unless you implement some sort of system that will allow younger teams to get some cash so as to -eventually- be able to compete with the older teams.

Of course I did not expect to compete in the Champions league in the near future. And I am certainly not complaining. My point is that if the teams that started before my continue to be active, I shall never be able to catch up, and this imo is bad for the game, as you shall have a bunch of old Titans, producing players from their lvl 348 Academy that everyone else save up to buy, just so that the said old Titans can add yet another lvl to their facilities...

This is why I think something like the idea I suggested would give newer teams a means to try and catch up (a bit), while adding a new dimension: selling too many good players will lose you lots of popularity and so in the long run lose you money...

[Btw My team have lots of young players because I was created in the 4th division: I chose to get rid of the older players and to concentrate on younger ones so that I can improve them and thus improve the team (or sell them for a profit).]
gr Getas
Community admin
Registered2013-07-27
gr Άρις Μεσσηνίας
at schorny >> thursday september 12 - 19:33
There is such a system: you get a very strong popularity boost called "late start bonus".
at schorny
User
Registered2013-03-05
ar Tonami >> thursday september 12 - 20:06
@schorny is right.. there is a facilitie which gives u that advantage over older teams... but getas, u can use your money only in your stadium or shops, leaving the rest.. just to focus on get more money and buy better players... but u dont have to think that older players have advantaje over u.. they just star before u, if u want to catch them u dont have to give up.. think more, try to win all the matches, go up in your country leagues.. and improve more, and there would be a time u will be on the same level...

Something interesting would be a league ranking for player sellin.. somethin like a good playin choosing to play in spain and not to belice for example.. thats a good treak for stop a little the big ones jaja XD
ar Tonami
User
Registered2013-05-19