Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Questions

I'm Back (80)

ro Andrei >> tuesday january 19 - 14:46
That's quite enough. Stick to the topic or I close it.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
ua Good bye >> tuesday january 19 - 19:27

Lol, forum moderator has spoken

ua Good bye
Registered2020-09-15
eng holt >> wednesday january 20 - 16:40

So er, Mr. Legs what do you have to say about the developments made to the game since you left?

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng Dragontao >> wednesday january 20 - 21:32

lol

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Kezza >> wednesday january 20 - 22:48

Welcome back Mr Leggs.. I remember you well. The game is slowly dying, Vincent has lost interest in the game and leaves major bugs unfixed... but the diehards are still here!

eng Kezza
Registered2013-02-07
au Mr Legs >> saturday january 23 - 23:46

Still early days being back.  Hasn't seemed a whole lot different so far.  Noticed some changes to the game tactics screen.  But apart from that, it doesn't seem a whole lot different.  Maybe as my building go up  a few more levels I might notice more changes.

Right now I'm fighting on the transfer market for some better players - as usual you win some, you lose some.  I just created a 500cr Keeper, I lost on the market to all the ones better than that, or they went into the 3rd round, making them way too expensive.  But I have picked up some good kids that should develop well as I climb the ladder.

I have done a good cleanout, all my main squad are 4.5 star talent and above, except for a couple of reserve 3 star forwards - but my 2 main forwards are very strong for my level, so spending my cash mainly in defence & some in midfield - plus chasing another keeper.

How do old keepers go?  Is it worth pickup up a 40 year old with high blocking but his fixed stats are low due to age effects?  I toyed with the idea, but decided to stick with youth.

au Mr Legs
User
Registered2013-02-08
ro kikiriki >> sunday january 24 - 01:55

https://rockingsoccer.com/ro/fotbal/info/player-1492521

Just droped 2 points on value after he turned 40. Is still the main keeper for his team, but he lost his place on NT. Was the main keeper for Romania for a long time

ro kikiriki
User
Registered2016-03-10
ro CCA Steaua
au Mr Legs >> sunday january 24 - 04:49

That's the sort of player I was thinking of, but about 10% of that price.  There are a few, with 6 or 7 blocking, but bugger all left in speed/power/endurance.  Such as the following...

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-1412273

So do you think someone like this would be a quick fix for a season or two, until my kid keeper improves a bit?  I'm also conscious of the fact, he will devalue each season I keep him & will most likely be bought by the bank when I delist him.

au Mr Legs
User
Registered2013-02-08
au davo >> sunday january 24 - 05:44

Apparently keepers will last forever. They reach their minimum value at about 46 years old, with their blocking reducing to about 56% of the trained values, and then they just continue to increase. Their fixed attributes (speed/power/endurance) reduce to 10% - so having the fit attribute for a keeper is well worthwhile.

au davo
User
Registered2013-08-27
au Mr Legs >> sunday january 24 - 08:17

Other choice I have is to pick up a loaner - there are a few I can see that have good enuff blocking to be worthwhile.  Then  if I miss out on a decent loaner I can target some old farts.

au Mr Legs
User
Registered2013-02-08
eng ipfreely >> sunday january 24 - 22:42

I think endurance reduces to 1% of the starting value as the age penalty is squared. Blocking penalty is the 4th root, which at 47y 16w or thereabouts is about 56% as Davo says.

Many think high blocking but low endurance keepers are useless but I've seen some do well.

eng ipfreely
User
Registered2013-12-08
vi Lollapa Losers
au Mr Legs >> monday january 25 - 03:13

Teams filling out nicely now, went with 3 loaners (keeper, mid, back) to fix the top end of my team.  Still got a bit of cash left, so might use it on another good kid striker or another mature defender.

Defenders still slightly weaker than top 2 in league from last season.  But I have better forwards & comparable mids.  My max kid bonus makes my keeper & defenders much stonger, so probly on a par if you take the average.

Should be good enough for promotion this season, but depends who comes down from Div 2.  This teams got a good core to build on, so in future trades I can focus on fewer but better quality players.

au Mr Legs
User
Registered2013-02-08
eng Stephen >> monday january 25 - 12:15

Leave yourself some cash spare for maximising the starters bonus. You can get pretty far given how quickly the buildings shoot up. You just need to make sure you've got some cash around to be able to afford the buildings.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> monday january 25 - 12:22

^^^^^ This. 

If you're building a new club then the results (and the squad) are largely irrelevant. What you need are buildings and popularity. If you waste money on players now then this will slow you down in the future. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
au Mr Legs >> tuesday january 26 - 08:16

Yeah good point. Buildings are cheap now and I have credits if I need to top up.

Might need to plan out my buildings for this season and make sure though.

au Mr Legs
User
Registered2013-02-08