Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

Arsenal (1036)

wal Hudson >> tuesday april 11 - 21:12
Arsenal. Fan TV is hilarious.
wal Hudson
Registered2016-05-08
eng Dragontao >> tuesday april 11 - 21:20
I watch it in the hope that one day Claude will finally snap and finish Ty live on air.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng holt >> wednesday april 12 - 07:55
@Stupid Torres The game is'nt just about scoring and assisting you know.That is why he plays for Brazil.
eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
wal Hudson >> wednesday april 12 - 10:20
Only a dope would rank midfielders according to the number of goals they have scored
wal Hudson
Registered2016-05-08
eng holt >> wednesday april 12 - 11:19
Frankly speaking though,the Premier League defenders are like cheesepuffs.They are just too scared to make a tackle.

In contrast ,look at Hummels' tackle of the season.To do that in the penalty box is just pure class.
eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
nz Luke Broadcast >> wednesday april 12 - 13:03
Obviously you rank creative midfielders according to the number of goals/assists. What else do you rank them for?

Messi and Ronaldo are the 2 best players in the world, because they score the most goals...Lot more than everyone else.

I obviously dont compare defensive midfielder to an attacking one, but you can compare winger and nr. 10....

Dont get me wrong, Coutinho can be a top player on his day, but these days are 1 out of 4. Zaha has definitely not been more inconsistent than Coutinho, at least not this season....
nz Luke Broadcast
Registered2013-09-18
eng holt >> wednesday april 12 - 17:41
Messi And Ronaldo are not midfielders.The job of the wingers(which they are) is to score and assist the central striker.The job of the creative mids is to find methods for making up the play.
eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng Dragontao >> wednesday april 12 - 18:42, Edited wednesday april 12 - 18:44
"Creative" midfielder kind of indicates they are there to create chances.

Mind you, if they create chances and the strikers are rubbish, the chances don't become assists.

There must be stats on chances created. Key passes erg. That is a major part of the creative midfielder's game.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng Dragontao >> wednesday april 12 - 20:53
Well if Bayern had got nil, they were Arse.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
nz Luke Broadcast >> thursday april 13 - 05:10
" "Creative" midfielder kind of indicates they are there to create chances.

Mind you, if they create chances and the strikers are rubbish, the chances don't become assists. ""

To be fair, Christian Benteke has missed the most clear cut chances in the Premier League so Zaha has probably created some of them as well.

My overall point is that Zaha has had a very good season so far and to call him inconsistent is a little unfair. England is very unlucky to be without him in the future.

PS! I didnt say Ronaldo and Messi were wingers. I didnt compare them to Coutinho and Zaha. I just said they are considered the best because they score a lot more than they others. If they had the same skills, but scored 5-10 goals per season, they would be nowhere near ballon dor.
nz Luke Broadcast
Registered2013-09-18
eng Dragontao >> thursday april 13 - 07:51
I wasn't really disagreeing with you Torres.
eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2