Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

It's for the KOP (1052)

eng Lee >> tuesday january 19 - 18:50

I don't think a positional change is required - it might just be one of those occasions when everyone is below par at the same time.

Having Jota fit will help as well.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
ca Alex Seymour >> tuesday january 19 - 23:34, Edited tuesday january 19 - 23:34

When's Jota back, he's hurting my Fantasy Football team?

I didn't even notice Salah was playing on Sunday. Usually frightened of him when we play you guys.

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
eng holt >> wednesday january 20 - 16:47

@Lee Well Salah did go some 10 matches without scoring in the 18/19 season. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFc_SXWeSKw

Would it be better to shuttle in Hendo in defense and have Milner-Thiago-Gini in midfield or operate with Jota/Shaqiri instead?

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng Lee >> wednesday january 20 - 18:06

Alex - based on the reports I've seen, it looks like Jota won't be back until late February. Was hoping he might make a surprise return for Sunday's cup game.

Holt - although Henderson has performed well at the back, we've missed his energy in the midfield, so I would play either Williams or Phillips alongside Fabinho (Matip is back in training, so should be back in the team soon). Choosing the midfield trio is a tough one, now that Thiago and Shaqiri are back (plus the Ox is fit as well). Shaqiri could replace one of the front three (Firmino or Salah), which would allow Henderson, Thiago, and Wijnaldum to fill the midfield positions.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
lv Namejs >> wednesday january 20 - 23:11

Lee, that is also mine opinion on Liverpool's mediocre perfomance in last games. When both best midfielders in squad plays as defenders that will decrease midfield output. And midfield in Klopp's system is most important game element.

If Thiago would have been available the midfield drop wouldn't be so noticeable but fact the he isn't completely match fit and hasn't found chemistry yet with team mates doesn't help team's performance. Although why the young midfielder (forgot his name sorry Pool fans) didn't play against MU is beyond my understanding.

lv Namejs
Community admin
Registered2014-07-06
lv Taurupes Dusmīgie Bebri
eng holt >> thursday january 21 - 16:58

@Namejs Jones?

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
lv Namejs >> thursday january 21 - 19:25

@Holt, Yes

lv Namejs
Community admin
Registered2014-07-06
lv Taurupes Dusmīgie Bebri
eng Lee >> thursday january 21 - 22:01

What a poor run of form we are on - we've completely lost the ability to break teams down, and the confidence in front of goal has gone.

At this point, I would take us scoring by a ricochet off a defender's arse.

Tottenham are up next in the league - we'll probably beat them as they're not a bottom 6 team.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng holt >> saturday january 23 - 04:21

Tottenham play like an enhanced version of a bottom 6 team though. They let you have all the possesion you want and rip you up on the counter attack. Also I feel that we are much worse on the counter these days.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng holt >> sunday january 24 - 19:06

Klopp gets his subs wrong sometimes and this was one of them. Jones was absolutely useless and should have been taken off instead of Thiago and maybe put Shaq on the wing. Firmino was really going for it in the second half too.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng Lee >> sunday january 24 - 20:24

Despite the defeat, I was encouraged by what I saw: scoring helped but the high press was also a lot more evident, and we were moving the ball around well.

It's annoying but there's no shame in losing to United, especially when defensive errors were to blame for 2 of the goals.

It was surprising to see Mane start on the bench, and when he came on he proved he should always be in the starting 11. Jones is a good midfielder but should not have been in the front 3.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng holt >> monday january 25 - 14:52

Could we discuss tackles? I'm not sure of what counts as a legitimate tacke and what doesn't.

I don't understand why tackles which take the ball and then the man(unless studs up)count is a cardable offense, forget tackles in which the attacker trips over the defenders follow through,fouls given against the defender when the attacker runs into them and anything a keeper does.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng Lee >> monday january 25 - 19:26

The old saying of 'got the ball first' no longer applies if the ref feels the follow through was dangerous, which I can understand as the powers-that-be are trying to reduce the potential for injuries.

I'm just glad none of these tackles happened in our box, as I'm getting annoyed with the number of penalties being awarded even when there was very minor contact, or the attacking player is nowhere near the goal. VAR is helping but very few penalties are overturned after review, as the ref was not deemed to have made a clear and obvious error.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Lee >> thursday january 28 - 23:11

That was more like it.....need to put a good run together now.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels
eng Lee >> wednesday february 3 - 22:35

Well, the run lasted 2 games, before the old habit returned of being unable to break down a team that sits back.

Sunday's game against City will be a lot more open, which suits us, and is a must win now.

eng Lee
User
Registered2014-10-14
eng Canvey Pixels