Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

Arsenal (1036)

my Kesvick >> monday november 4 - 10:34

Hello darkness, my old friend...

my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
eng holt >> thursday october 22 - 15:20

Imagine getting paid 350,000 pounds a week for an optional daily morning kickabout.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng holt >> sunday december 27 - 07:10, Edited sunday december 27 - 07:10

Arsenal losing to Burnley and then going on to defeat Chelsea is the most "Arsenal" thing they could do.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ee Taavi >> monday december 28 - 14:10, Edited monday december 28 - 14:10

Well i mean , they beat ManU and Chelsea , and lose to everyone else :D 

Being an Arsenal fan is like having an abusive girlfriend , most days are shit but every now and then you get an epic fuckin and think its not that bad , still have to remember ur her 15th :)

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
eng Dragontao >> tuesday december 29 - 08:48

Taavi, if you're in a bad run of form, the team you want to play right now is Chelsea.

Being a Chelsea fan is like having married that girlfriend.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
ee Taavi >> sunday january 3 - 08:13

3 wins in a row huh 

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
eng holt >> sunday january 3 - 11:07

The wins have been against Chelsea, Brighton and West Brom however...

Nice passing leading up to Saka's goal though.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ee Taavi >> sunday january 3 - 13:05

Considering who they were losing to , every win is precious :D

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
eng Dragontao >> sunday january 3 - 13:57

@Holt. Poor attempt at trolling if you're trying to diminish those wins and suggest they have less merit because of who they were against, remember both Brighton and West Brom drew with Liverpool (west Brom only a couple of weeks ago). Brighton also beat Aston Villa, who put 7 past Liverpool. 

Arsenal also beat Man Utd at Old Trafford before their bad run started. Utd who currently sit joint top.  

Chelsea should be better (at least on paper) - still only 4 defeats despite 3 in the last 5 (probably 5 after today) - still only 7 points off the top though.

This season in the Premier League nothing is strange and anything, it would appear, is possible (except maybe Sheffield United winning a game).

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
eng holt >> sunday january 3 - 15:36

Lol it's not trolling to say that they have had an easy run of games.

Liverpool drew to Newcastle as well, which doesn't mean that Newcastle are the team to beat right now.Chelsea also haven't beaten a top 10 side this season so far.3L,3D. Although Brighton have played good football, they've struggled for points and are 8 matches without a win.United struggled from the get go against Arsenal, plus I don't see what that has to do with their current form.West Brom on the other hand have won one match all season(that too against Sheffield) so I'd say that the point still stands.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng Dragontao >> sunday january 3 - 16:21

Your inference was clearly that the merit of Arsenals results was diminished by who they were playing. What you perceive as an easy run isn't necessarily an easy run this season.

Liverpool have had a pretty easy run on paper in their last 5, yet drew with Newcastle, West Brom and Fulham.

There have been many bizarre results this season. Far too many to take anything for granted as an easy run.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
za Kaizer Motaung Jr >> sunday january 3 - 16:22

Arsenal 

za Kaizer Motaung Jr
User
Registered2016-02-28
cl La Unión
ee Taavi >> sunday february 14 - 21:36

Man , as an Arsenal and Dallas Mavericks fan this season has been rough , but things are looking up a bit :D

I really do choose the best teams to root for

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
eng holt >> sunday august 29 - 05:05

Arsenal.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ee Taavi >> sunday august 29 - 06:27

I cba rooting for them , they just suck so much, ill rather root for FC Flora our local team :D First time an Estonian club made it into any Euro group stage

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa