Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

Arsenal (1036)

za Mister Buckley >> sunday february 9 - 11:24
Actually you will lose again, and again n one day realise the curse of the "invincible's" is haunting you
za Mister Buckley
Registered2013-06-11
my Kesvick >> sunday february 9 - 11:41
Hasn't Alex Ferguson been blindsided in a similar fashion? Or Jose Mourinho? Or Manuel Pellegrini? They always bounced back. This team feels different to the Arsenal of previous years.

I still think that Arsenal are champion material, but whether they actually are will most likely be proven by the next game. If they beat Manchester United, and beat them convincingly, this whole matter is dead and buried, except for the most dedicated of trolls.
my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
my Kesvick >> sunday february 9 - 11:49
Yes, it's a big loss to a rival. There's no running away from that fact. What I do hope they in the aftermath of what can be described as an abject failure, is that they learn from this.

Honestly, I don't mind if they try to forget the match; yesterday could have been worse, but what is important is that Arsenal keep their head up. When adversity comes, you can see how solid a team chemistry is and the great results that it can achieve, such as the victories against Dortmund and Napoli, or even Liverpool at Emirates Stadium.
my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
za Mister Buckley >> monday february 10 - 17:17
Its like they say any manager or team can win, what defines you is how you comeback from defeat. PS ima Mancunian TROLL all the way, so what gooner or have you guys become goners now. In all honesty thou arsene wenger deserves atleast one more title before he dies,and I'd rather see them take it than city or chelsea,I'm not even gonna mention those idiots walking alone
za Mister Buckley
Registered2013-06-11
my Kesvick >> tuesday february 11 - 00:19
Unlike you, I don't really want to troll. I just want to be honest.
my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
my Kesvick >> tuesday february 11 - 12:26
A lot of the reaction out there are merely overreactions, in my honest opinion.

Do we have room to improve? Absolutely, but this team has shown throughout the season that they are able to win with a multitude of styles and approaches. We came to Anfield flat and not ready to play, and Liverpool pretty much showed in the opening stages that the game meant more to them. Arsenal were sadly shocked and awed.

We should have had another player willing to put in the defensive work, but other then that, I don't think that roster would concede 4 goals in 20 minutes again if we lined up that way. It was a unfortunate day. We just need to focus on the next game.
my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
nz Luke Broadcast >> tuesday february 11 - 13:05
You are tired. Admit that. For the last 5 games (before Liverpool) you have won (or drawn) because of good finishing. You were far worse than Southampton in 2-2 draw, you did not deserve to win few games before and after that (couple of goals within 5 minutes, other 85 minutes you were poor). You cannot compete with ManCity and Chelsea if you only have 12-13 players who are good enough. -10 points compared to the champion is guaranteed in the end of the season. You have not won a single big game, and when you watch the upcoming fixture list, you can see that the 3rd place is the maximum (4th or 5th in my opinion).
nz Luke Broadcast
Registered2013-09-18
my Kesvick >> tuesday february 11 - 14:24
I wouldn't call Liverpool at Emirates a "small game".
my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
ee Taavi >> tuesday february 11 - 14:40
Lets talk when Arsenal beats Bayern :D
ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
za Mister Buckley >> tuesday february 11 - 15:13
Let's talk if arsenal beats united, enough said... Be careful of the team who has nothing to lose and everything to gain, just saying
za Mister Buckley
Registered2013-06-11
eng Stephen >> tuesday february 11 - 19:46
United won the title last year through the inadequacies of others rather than any genius on their own part. Now the bar has been raised and they have fallen away. That said, it would not surprise me if Arsenal do not win against them. Arsenal have a bit of a mental block against the bigger clubs at the moment.
eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
my Kesvick >> tuesday february 11 - 23:07
Roberto, we just lost 5-1. I don't think we have anything else to lose.
my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
za Mister Buckley >> wednesday february 12 - 03:24
@ stephan, sounds like you the supporter who makes excuses and hates on united regardless of the outcome,I ask myself why? And yes you right we won the title with a expired team last season, makes you wonder about the quality of the other teams don't you... And Keswick things could be way worse don't have such lil faith in Wenger his the last of the true old schools in england,and on his day can do anything
za Mister Buckley
Registered2013-06-11
my Kesvick >> wednesday february 12 - 03:58
Oh, I'm not a "Wenger OUT" person. Not in the slightest. I am fully behind the man and his ability to take Arsenal.
my Kesvick
Registered2013-08-06
eng Stephen >> wednesday february 12 - 13:50
@Roberto. Incorrect. I simply call it as I see it. A few years ago, United had a fabulous side. Last couple of seasons, the force of personality of the manager has driven them on. Moyes isn't in the same league as the previous boss.
eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach