Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Suggestions

Locked New server ? (90)

no Thor >> friday may 22 - 18:39, Edited friday may 22 - 18:41

@Holt thats the point, they wont see any uptake in this server as the new managers are hopelessly behind by several years. 

Is does not take long to see how far behind you are when you first start the game.

A new server will bring in new players, and with it new money.

Also I have no idea what this is supposed to mean, sorry.

It's essentially like opening up an Academy Of Fencing.Sure,it may have potenial and whatnot,but ultimately it has close to zero exposure.

no Thor
Registered2019-07-21
eng holt >> friday may 22 - 18:50

@Sir Samuel Lee Delft simply don't see this game as a viable business model anymore.If they did,they would atleast keep us informed about their decisions or atleast do something for the 50th season.

The only way a second server could possibly work is if it was kept completely adrift of the first,almost treated like a rebooted version of the original game.But that would spike up the maintenance costs and Vincent doesn't see this as a risk worthy decision(unfortunately).

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
no Thor >> friday may 22 - 18:58, Edited friday may 22 - 18:59

Sadly we do not know what Vincent is thinking but I feel it woulld help Delft Games.

Especially if they could also turn it into a app.

The potential is there, it just needs someone to get it there.

no Thor
Registered2019-07-21
nl Aad Mansveld >> friday may 22 - 20:32

hoit i indeede build ya in second team before stadium 11 because in surinam there aint much teams. that means attendance would have been too poor for stadium 10 . Now that popularity has grwon stadium 10 was build.

with my first team i builded ta2 and ya3 befores tadium 11 which was a big mistake. you can by calaculating easily see when building next level stadium should give you more revenue then ya or ta. 

nl Aad Mansveld
User
Registered2013-06-09
nl **** The Hague FC ****
ee Balthazor >> saturday may 23 - 07:07

Two servers with different game codes and rules?? I have never played Rocking Rackets, but are there different rules in different servers?

If currently devs are in some trouble to handle one server, how should they manage with two different servers? It takes double of time. 

ee Balthazor
User
Registered2013-12-01
ee Dünamo Tallinn
in Keju >> saturday may 23 - 10:07

also whats the guarentee that the same 'situation' doesn't take place in this new second server

in Keju
User
Registered2014-01-24
in Bengaluru FC
il Numpty >> saturday may 23 - 10:21, Edited saturday may 23 - 10:24

I've seen this with other long-term games.

There's a clamour for a major change and eventually some kind of reset or new server is started. 

1. The change alienates many of the long term players, who have either lost their advantage or are left playing a legacy version with a dwindling user base. Many end up leaving.
  2. The new game flourishes for a little while as new and returning users try their luck with a fresh start. As the game starts to mature the cream rises to the top and the game is no longer a level playing field. People start leaving again.

The end result is fewer users than before any change was implemented.

The best solution is take on board the current issues that the game has and attempt to resolve those without significantly affecting the long term users.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
no Thor >> saturday may 23 - 14:10

The best solution is take on board the current issues that the game has and attempt to resolve those without significantly affecting the long term users.

This sounds nice but is impossible in reality, this is why a new server will help.

You cant take away or downgrade facilities or even lower the talents you get from YA. 

The new game flourishes for a little while as new and returning users try their luck with a fresh start. As the game starts to mature the cream rises to the top and the game is no longer a level playing field. People start leaving again.

You are looking at this as having the same unbalanced features as lets call it Server 1. Server 2 is RS chance to make the game a more level playing field for years to come.

Do any of you play other Football manager games? 

I have been playing a game for 9 years, but the game has restrictions stopping managers becoming to dominate. They also has diffrerent game worlds where the most popular and always full is their first game world.

The top teams here will never be caught. The advantages they have are too immense. Imagine the star value of a normal player in on of these teams in a few years time? 

Lots of teams now have black star players, there needs to be limits.

How high can a star value go? 40 - 50 - 60?

no Thor
Registered2019-07-21
hr Kupus >> saturday may 23 - 16:10

Can we close this topic? It has become circular.

hr Kupus
Community admin
Registered2015-10-14
de Regnum Croatorum
ua Kalle >> saturday may 23 - 17:33

Yes please :) 

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
no Thor >> saturday may 23 - 18:58

No need to close this thread there are 4/5 people here talking daily discussing ideas.

No-one is forcing you to read it. Just don't come here if you don't like the subject.

This is a suggestions thread.

no Thor
Registered2019-07-21
il Numpty >> saturday may 23 - 19:42

The suggestion has been made and also reasons given why it's a bad idea. You are free to disagree with them. But as Kupus says, it's now going round in circles simply re-iterating all the same arguments. 

You're clearly an intelligent and capable guy @Sam.

Why not put the same effort into developing your club instead of flogging a dead horse? 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
no Thor >> saturday may 23 - 20:03, Edited saturday may 23 - 20:08

I do like this saying 'Flogging a dead horse' 

This should be the motto of the suggestions thread.

Whats wrong with my club? There is no more i can do yet, its a waiting game.

no Thor
Registered2019-07-21
ca Alex Seymour >> saturday may 23 - 20:56

For the love of God Sir Sammy Lee, build up your stadium!

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
no Thor >> saturday may 23 - 21:54

Did you not have restrictions when building your stadiums?

I have to wait until I have at least played four home games.

Is there another way to rapidily build stadiums? please let me know.

no Thor
Registered2019-07-21