Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

Locked Discussion About Managers (115)

eng Stephen >> friday july 26 - 15:41

People are allowed to leave the game, Holt. This isn’t a hostage situation where we have to negotiate our release!

Lied played for 6 years without any breaks. Sometimes time pressures or changing priorities mean something like an online game will fall by the wayside.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
eng holt >> saturday july 27 - 12:12
@Stephen I was just tryna be dramatic :-|
eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng wonderlust >> saturday july 27 - 12:53

I see he fired his keeper not so long before leaving...

eng wonderlust
User
Registered2014-10-30
eng Forever We Are Wolves
ee Taavi >> saturday july 27 - 14:33

Thats actually a very nice thing to do , firing keeper so everyone gets an equally easy game against him

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
ee onuelver >> saturday july 27 - 19:28

If player is too old bot will fire him automatically. It was 36 or 38 something.

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back

It wasn't his best GK by rating,

eng wonderlust >> sunday july 28 - 22:30

@onuelver it was a human manager, not a bot.  Keepers reach their peak at around 36-38, maybe older.

@Don-x does the rating that shows up say what he would be now, or what he was then?

No need to fire a keeper, regardless of the situation.  He sold another to the bank and had 1 left.

eng wonderlust
User
Registered2014-10-30
eng Forever We Are Wolves
ee onuelver >> monday july 29 - 03:25

That age restriction is automatic. When human manager leave the team bot can automatically fire players over that age no matter that it's only keeper of team and on his peak. Where is timestamp that player was fired before manager leaving? 

ee onuelver
User
Registered2014-09-02
ee Puka City Strikes Back
eng Stephen >> monday july 29 - 05:18

Look at the dates of the actions, oneulver and you will see that it was Lied who did this not the bot.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
es Carrasco >> monday july 29 - 08:07, Edited monday july 29 - 13:35
I like this game and won't leave until server shut down.

(Mod-edit: No transfer offers on the forums, please.)
es Carrasco
User
Registered2013-06-08
ua Kalle >> monday july 29 - 08:16

Im playing Hattrick now for 15 years and intend to play this game at least that long, or for as long the servers are online, even if nothing changes.

By far the easiest game to master and a nice game pace.

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
il Numpty >> monday july 29 - 08:46, Edited monday july 29 - 08:57

I've been trying to follow the debate about the keeper that allegedly got fired. 

I wonder if you are all talking about the same player?

As far as I can see he fired a keeper, Théodore Poujouly, about 6 weeks before he left. He's now 43 and rated 8.65. He wasn't his best keeper and it was 6 weeks ago so it doesn't seem relevant.

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-1011801/employment

His best keeper,  Theo Løken, mysteriously disappeared at around the same time as Lied resigned. He's 42 and rated 13.35. There appears to be no record of him leaving, but he played his last match a few hours before Lied resigned - monday july 22 - 16:30.

Where does it say he was fired, and where is the "action date" that Stephen mentions?

https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-1020729

july 23 2019 - 06:34 Lied resigned his function as manager.

This seems to be a bot departure as a result of him resigning. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> monday july 29 - 09:25

I’m talking about the player who has ‘player is fired’ next to his name in that club’s transfer list. I wasn’t aware there was another one...

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> monday july 29 - 09:41

That's Poujouly, the first one that I mentioned, that got fired 6 weeks before he resigned.  Given his rating - was probably the 3rd choice - and the timescale he doesn't seem relevant. 

On the other hand his first choice keeper, Theo Løken, disappeared the same day he resigned.

The transfer window wasn't open so the simple explanation is this that he was fired by a bot.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
lv 薯片 >> monday july 29 - 12:29

He was turned into a staff member and then immediately fired. A bot could not simply fire a player.

lv 薯片
User
Registered2014-08-23
br XingLing eSports