Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

#SaveTheGame (433)

il Numpty >> friday january 3 - 11:34

Web sites are generally valued on the amount of traffic that they get as that is the main factor in potential advertising revenue. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Counter_Culture >> friday january 3 - 14:16, Edited friday january 3 - 14:46

I'm reading quite a few comments from people who say they understand that Vincent is too busy or doesn't have time anymore, but that's beside the point. If Vincent doesn't feel like developing the game anymore, that's up to him and I wouldn't have a problem with that. Personally, the only thing I don't like about the current situation, is that there is no communication.

Naturally this is Vincent's choice to make as well and there's not much we can do about it. Vincent is a smart guy and he knows he has two choices: either communicate that he has abandoned the game and there will be no further development, or not communicate anything.

Of course, from a financial/business point of view, it is only logical not to communicate anything, because the only result would be that people will quit the game. By not communicating, he is leaving the RS-community with false hopes for as long as possible, and people will keep paying their VIP-fees until they are completely desillusioned.

Again, this is a perfectly understandible strategy from a financial point of view. At the same time however, it is disappointing from a moral point of view, at least in my opinion. The RS community has shown a lot of commitment and dedication in the past years, especially all the translators, community admins, forum moderators, etc. In this respect the RS community has greatly contributed to the (financial) success of the game.

By not communicating at all, Vincent shows he does not care at all about the people who have helped make the game a success, and that his only interest is making a profit off of it. Of course this is his choice to make, but not a very sympathetic one in my opinion.

nl Counter_Culture
Registered2013-05-30
es spectra >> friday january 3 - 14:52, Edited friday january 3 - 14:52

I completely agree, Counter_Culture. I just would add that Vincent has a third choice: having the game developed by somebody else. It´s up to him, obviously... but I believe that would be the best option, for him (as he might get more money) and for us as well, as we would like to keep on playing.

es spectra
Registered2013-10-11
us Peter >> friday january 3 - 15:18, Edited friday january 3 - 15:19

An RS discord server? Sounds cool.

Edit: I agree with @Counter-Culture. It's a smart thing to do but also pretty shitty.

us Peter
User
Registered2015-03-15
us Detroit Blazers
il Numpty >> friday january 3 - 17:04

"Vincent is a smart guy and he knows he has two choices: either communicate that he has abandoned the game and there will be no further development, or not communicate anything."

Only those two choices?

I would say there were a lot more possibilities than you've listed. 

As things stand we don't know anything for certain. Other choices are:

• The game hasn't been abandoned and development will continue when something changes in his personal life. 
  • He hasn't decided what to do for the best and wisely isn't saying anything until he does. 
  • None of the above and something else applies. 
il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> friday january 3 - 17:34

@Numpty - agreed. We don’t know what his intentions are at all.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> friday january 3 - 17:52

Exactly @Stephen. 

Although we'd all appreciate having some kind of communication as to the likely future of the game, we have no right to demand it. 

Vincent is human just like the rest of us and it must be pretty unpleasant reading some of the comments that are frankly bordering on rudeness. 

Nothing major is broken and the game still works so let's enjoy playing it until Vincent decides to tell us what the situation is. 

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Dragontao >> friday january 3 - 18:54

I was thinking the same thing Numpty. I'd imagine Vincent isn't feeling particularly well disposed towards the game (or some of it's users) at present.

From a customer service perspective, some kind of communication would be nice, even the aforementioned Happy New Year message (but again this could go back to disillusionment and this thread won't be helping).

Those complaining in this thread (and I'm not in total disagreement with all of the points raised) represent a very small percentage of game users.Those who post on the forums regulalrly represent a very small percentage of the game users. It's not a representative sample.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
ua Kalle >> friday january 3 - 19:22

Indeed, with 4000+ users and only about 60 active on the forums you can't see the complaints as representative.

Nor can anyone demand that Vincent sells the site. He's free to do with his own property as he pleases. 

A bit more communication would be nice though 

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
ee Ryan >> friday january 3 - 21:10

Why I brought up the buying was that recently a fairly small and unknown football game got bought, it was on steam for long but closed servers some years ago. A former player bought the game for only around 300€ from the dev who wasn't active and was pursuing a different career. Not very comparable to our situation but still, I hope Vincent makes a decision about the future soon.

I made a discord as well, god knows I have too many, you can all help with organizing it. There probably isn't too many of us anyways.

https://discord.gg/PngJnER

ee Ryan
Registered2016-07-25
nl Counter_Culture >> friday january 3 - 21:54, Edited friday january 3 - 21:55

"I would say there were a lot more possibilities than you've listed. 

As things stand we don't know anything for certain. Other choices are:

• The game hasn't been abandoned and development will continue when something changes in his personal life. 
  • He hasn't decided what to do for the best and wisely isn't saying anything until he does. 
  • None of the above and something else applies. "

To be honest, I don't think these are very realistic options. Vincent has proven to be very adequate at communicating in the past, even when things were delayed or uncertain. That, and the fact that he still finds the time to manage his team, supports my theory in my opinion.

"Although we'd all appreciate having some kind of communication as to the likely future of the game, we have no right to demand it. 

Vincent is human just like the rest of us and it must be pretty unpleasant reading some of the comments that are frankly bordering on rudeness."

You're right, we can't demand anything, but this way he is forcing us to fill in the blanks ourselves. I do realize I'm speaking out pretty strongly on this issue and it's not my intention to harm anyone, but I really think the total lack of communication is itself bordering on rudeness and kind of an insult to the RS community. But you may be right, maybe there is just a small percentage of players who are discontented with the way things have been going.

nl Counter_Culture
Registered2013-05-30
eng Dragontao >> saturday january 4 - 05:33

Vincent doesn't appear to have been online to manage his team for the best part of 7 days.

eng Dragontao
User
Registered2013-09-07
eng Colchester City #2
ca Alex Seymour >> saturday january 4 - 06:12

That's not a good sign

ca Alex Seymour
User
Registered2013-12-02
ca Hamilton FC
ee Taavi >> saturday january 4 - 06:59

If everyone quits there might be a Heath Hornets - FC Pusa CL final...

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
br Off em definitivo >> saturday january 4 - 10:53

There is a lack of communication, but the game that some users have requested is still happening. The new buildings no one have achieved maximum level. If some clubs with 7 years of play are having financial difficulties imagine the new ones. Haha

br Off em definitivo
Registered2019-12-18