Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

The Premier League (146)

eng holt >> friday june 26 - 03:48

IT IS DONE.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ro Andrei >> saturday july 11 - 14:54
Haven't seen any Leeds United topics ... This man played for more than a decade in First Division, the top tier in England at that time, so I'd say this post can be made here.

One of the great names in English football history is no more since yesterday.

Rest in peace, Jackie Charlton.
ro Andrei
Registered2014-08-30
ee Taavi >> wednesday august 12 - 18:58, Edited wednesday august 12 - 19:05

Every season i get excited by Arsenal transfer news :D Really hope they get Coutinho and Magalhaes

Atleast i got to watch the FA cup final in a pub , i arrived like 7 minutes late when they were 1-0 down and grabed some beers, good times :)

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
eng holt >> tuesday august 18 - 12:45

Disgraceful from David Silva. He could have atleast informed Lazio.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng holt >> saturday august 22 - 17:42

• Silva and Lazio's director talked over dinner about a month ago.This usually happens when the player has a very strong interest in joining the club.

• About a week from his signing with Real Sociedad, he cuts off all communication with Lazio and doesn't respond to their advances.

• Lazio feel unnerved and issue an ultimatium: sign a contract in the next (I think) 3 days or they will withdraw their offer.

• He doesn't respond to the ultimatium.

• Lazio find out that he has signed for Sociedad only after the club's official announcement.

• The director of Lazio gets pissed.

• His father states that the director spoke with Silva's representative and not him,so he shouldn't have called him out as a person(figure that out)

• Silva states "I've had quite a few offers in all this time. I decided on Real Sociedad because they are doing things very well. They have a style that suits my game very well. I know San Sebastian, it is a very beautiful and quiet city."

"My family had to do with my decision. I watched Real Sociedad games and they play very well. I also have very good references from the coach."

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ru Ebitimi >> saturday september 12 - 19:00

Now was Liverpool really trying hard to defend against Leeds United ? Trust me you can't just used same players for 3 seasons and running and expect something great.

Since Chelsea's shopping spree he (Jurgen) has been aiming a subtle dig at the club. Let's now see as they reaction to this near lose.

ru Ebitimi
User
Registered2018-10-09
bf FC Djibo
eng holt >> saturday september 12 - 19:31

Leeds didn't play as well as they seemed to have.They were a bit too fearless:They clearly had their periods but their eagerness to get stuck in affected them.

I felt that it was more of a case of sloppy defending;Trent had a very bad day.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ru Ebitimi >> thursday september 17 - 19:38

It feels like the Sir Ferguson and Arsène Wenger kind of Rivalry is coming back in Klopp and Frank. 

And I'm loving it the premier league hasn't seen such  drama for a looooong time.

ru Ebitimi
User
Registered2018-10-09
bf FC Djibo
ee Taavi >> thursday september 17 - 19:57

Doubt it... sadly rivalries dont feel the same as they used to these days

ee Taavi
Community admin
Registered2014-01-17
ee FC Pusa
eng holt >> monday april 19 - 17:53

Mourinho walking because he didn't like the Super League is super PR work.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
eng holt >> tuesday april 27 - 06:19

I still find it surprising that a large number of players still have a weak foot. You'd expect a professional to kick just as well with both foot.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
cn cr7 >> sunday august 29 - 12:54

what do you think about ronaldo's coming back?

cn cr7
User
Registered2019-08-05
cn Brighton FC
eng holt >> monday august 30 - 06:14

Too many strikers. Cavani will be banging his head on a wall.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18