Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

The players are less and less... (146)

il Numpty >> tuesday march 26 - 18:45, Edited tuesday march 26 - 18:46

Thought I would revive this thread with an update.

According to my post on page 7, dated February 7th, there were 4342 teams with popularity, which includes a few bot teams.  

There are 4249 teams on today's popularity rankings. We have lost roughly 93 managers in less than a season, so we are losing about 2 managers per day. 

There are still plenty of managers who sign up with an account, but most don't stay. Something more needs to be done to keep these new players.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
eng Stephen >> tuesday march 26 - 21:49

That assumes that all accounts are created by individual people. I can tell you as a fact that a lot of multi accounts are created.

I do however agree that it would be nice to hang on to more players.

eng Stephen
Head Admin
Registered2013-08-28
eng Seaburn Beach
il Numpty >> tuesday march 26 - 22:02, Edited tuesday march 26 - 22:03

Fair point Stephen. But I'm not as naive as I am cabbage looking! tongue-out

I'm not really using it as an exact count of the total managers, but rather seeing the difference as a measure of the attrition rate. It's been dropping steadily ever since I started and my guess is the numbers have been dropping for a long time before that.

il Numpty
User
Registered2018-10-19
eng Heath Hornets
nl Abe Bodaan >> wednesday april 3 - 10:10

Are there going to be any new features coming up? Because i am thinking of quiting this game myself...

To damn boring.

nl Abe Bodaan
User
Registered2013-05-27
cw Meteora
eng holt >> wednesday april 3 - 12:28

4342 active managers.

Total accounts=approx. 115000

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
in Mr. Arpit >> tuesday may 12 - 21:53, Edited tuesday may 12 - 21:53

@holt Any guesses what the number was back in it's heyday? 2015-16 maybe?

in Mr. Arpit
User
Registered2013-12-09
in Thundering Pune
eng holt >> wednesday may 13 - 02:36

I remember posting about this a couple of years ago but it's difficult to search for posts so..

As far as I remember,the playerbase growth was steady in the first 4 years,then there was no year-on-year growth in the 5th, and went into decline after that.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
tc ... >> wednesday may 13 - 18:20, Edited wednesday may 13 - 18:30

I just read this entire thread from start to finish and some of the users that gave suggestions have also left themselves... :'(

Edit:

And to sort of just chip in my two cents, this game really has become a bit of a waiting game for those of us that are not really top-class teams but also aren't just starting out. I'd argue that the mistake that really accelerated the decline of new users is adding Level 11+ YA/FA. Players like having at least getting a shot at playing in the big leagues, but right when you reach their levels, they're already way past you again. It's like a never ending game of tag when you're chasing one person but they'll always forever and ever be just slightly faster than you. I also understand that they reason they were ever implemented in the first place was to rid some money of those huge power houses that monopolized the leagues. There could have been better ways to rid their money (higher facility upkeep costs, higher players wages, maybe even pay to pull a youth player from the YA?)

Now we're faced with a huge crisis: we find a way to attract and keep new players and get this game back on its feet again, or we continue playing this game for all of eternity until the Interent itself breathes its last breath.

And all of this would be solved if we just heard from Vincent... :'(

tc ...
User
Registered2014-04-05
kn Phoenix T&C
no Thor >> wednesday may 13 - 18:27

Thats what happens when there is no progression in a game and developers blindly ignore their customers.

Players are desperate to hear something from Vincent but obviously he just does not care.

no Thor
Registered2019-07-21
tc ... >> wednesday may 13 - 18:36

@Sir Samuel Lee it really is a fascinating phenomenon we have here. It's almost a bit psychological and philosophical if you think about it. :P

What I've done to keep myself sane in this game is to set up little goals for myself that are removed from the reality of this game entirely. I'm not thinking about getting 20+ rated players and winning the Champions League because quite frankly, it just won't happen with the current state of the game (see tag example from my previous post). I figured out the same conclusion as Numpty mentioned in a previous post oh so long ago. (Numpty come to St Kitts!! :D) The league above mine is monopolized by 6/7 teams out of 10, so if I get promoted, hooray, but my team would be severely underdeveloped than the other ones, and I would make no money, and that would be that. Therefore, it's more financially viable to just bobble in the lower tier, earn some money, upgrade my facilities (Numpty's term of "a building game"), and then see if I even STAND a chance to compete. It really is all so fascinating :\/

tc ...
User
Registered2014-04-05
kn Phoenix T&C
tc ... >> wednesday may 13 - 18:39

Also sorry to piggyback, but anybody curious about how the other language forums are faring? I know the French and Spanish ones are fairly active, yet the Russian one has been untouched for 3 years :O

tc ...
User
Registered2014-04-05
kn Phoenix T&C
eng holt >> thursday may 14 - 05:06

@El Capitan excluding China(1094 users) the total headcount of all the other forums doesn't even amount to 1/3rd of the English Forum.

So mostly no.

eng holt
Registered2013-05-18
ua Kalle >> thursday may 14 - 05:30

Dutch forum is quite active. Ill say between 20 and 30 users who "frequently" comment in them

ua Kalle
User
Registered2013-06-19
nl PEC Zwolle
tc ... >> thursday may 14 - 05:59, Edited thursday may 14 - 05:59

@holt That's a shame to hear, unfortunately. One would like to think that the users would come together to discuss ways to keep the game alive. I wonder what other non-English speaking users might think of the whole situation. It would be interesting to hear their inputs.

tc ...
User
Registered2014-04-05
kn Phoenix T&C