Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> Real life soccer

Eurovision (56)

nz Luke Broadcast >> saturday may 23 - 18:25
anyone watching?

:D
nz Luke Broadcast
Registered2013-09-18
hu Zsone >> saturday may 23 - 19:00
don't tell me your watching that trash? :)
hu Zsone
User
Registered2013-02-08
nz Luke Broadcast >> saturday may 23 - 19:02
of course im watching, we have a chance :D
nz Luke Broadcast
Registered2013-09-18
ca Jax >> saturday may 23 - 19:10
I have no idea what this is. I quickly googled it and it appears to be some sort of "Song Writing Competition"?

Please enlighten.
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
nz Luke Broadcast >> saturday may 23 - 19:14
yes, it is an European song contest (80% of songs are really bad, but there are some good stuff as well)

and of course, Australia is also competing (you know that eastern-european country)
nz Luke Broadcast
Registered2013-09-18
ca Jax >> saturday may 23 - 19:28
So Countries compete? Who's writing the songs for each Country? Are there prelims in each Country to see who qualifies or something?

What does the winner get?
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
nz Luke Broadcast >> saturday may 23 - 19:32
every nation has their own contest, the winners get to eurovision, then there are 2 semi finals....from both 10 out of 16/17 qualify for the final. 27 songs in the final - 10+10+6 guaranteed countries+australia this year

180 million TVviewers worldwide, so quite a big thing
nz Luke Broadcast
Registered2013-09-18
hu Zsone >> saturday may 23 - 19:52
Yes and add to that at the end each country gives points which one they liked and based on that winner is decided.And beside that the songs are awful the worst thing is that neighbour countrys will give points to each other,ex-yugoslavian countrys between them,ex-ussr countrys between them and so on,its all politics...
hu Zsone
User
Registered2013-02-08
nz Luke Broadcast >> saturday may 23 - 20:01
yes its a lot of politics but still the best songs end up at the top....
nz Luke Broadcast
Registered2013-09-18
lv Namejs >> saturday may 23 - 20:12
And 50% of verdict is jury, Zsone.
lv Namejs
Community admin
Registered2014-07-06
lv Taurupes Dusmīgie Bebri
ca Jax >> saturday may 23 - 20:14
Thanks for the info. @Zsone I was assuming there would be plenty of Politics in the voting. There always is or at least the perception of it.

Is there a Country that perennially does very well? Is there a certain type of Music that goes over well?

I just saw Estonia's submission, it was better than I expected. I liked the song and the Female Vocalist had a nice voice. I could have done without the Xylophone parts though... lol
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
nz Luke Broadcast >> saturday may 23 - 20:19
where is the xylophone? :D
nz Luke Broadcast
Registered2013-09-18
hu Zsone >> saturday may 23 - 20:26
@Torres
yeah right,last year Austria had the best song?:)
hu Zsone
User
Registered2013-02-08
ca Jax >> saturday may 23 - 20:34, Edited saturday may 23 - 20:35
@Torres They are all over the place after the opening minute. They xylophone over the guitarists solo/bridge around the 1 minute mark and is pretty constant from there.

Not a deal breaker, just annoying to me lol. Less Xylophone, more Sax!

I have played the Guitar, Bass and Drums so I like to hear those instruments more, especially the latter 2(Both of which I still play). Give me a song with a great Bass line or a distinctive one and that'll get my vote! lol

I saw Latvia as well. Really strong singer singing a decent song. Horrible backing Music which makes the performance seem even better lol.

I'll check out a few more later.
ca Jax
User
Registered2014-05-30
lv Namejs >> saturday may 23 - 20:41
Just heard Latvia's song. Didn't like it much but decent still. And Singer from http://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/country-bf If I remember correctly (she isn't latvian).
lv Namejs
Community admin
Registered2014-07-06
lv Taurupes Dusmīgie Bebri