Forum: English rss-feed

This is the general discussion forum for English. When you post in this forum you have to use this language. Posts in other languages may be removed without notice. This forum uses subsections for posts with different topics or purposes. Please posts bugs in the bugs section and take some time to figure out where other posts should go.

English >> General discussion

New experimental salary formula (164)

nl Vincent de Boer >> thursday june 22 - 13:31
Based on your feedback we've come up with a new experimental formula for the player wages.

Compared to the previous formula, a major change is that we now look at the total experience a player has received. This removes the difference in salary between players that are trained on one attribute and players that are more all-round. Experience that is earned but not spent on skills is now also taken into account.

We've also increased the salary of the top players compared to the average players a little more.

Young players with a lot of experience and talent for their age will be getting much higher wages. Players who are highly specialized in one skill will also get a much higher wage. These players were undervalued in the current wage formula.

Older players, players who are trained in multiple skills and players who have relatively little experience for their age will get a lower wage, or a relatively low increase.

It's good to realize that the average wage is still going up, so if you have to pay more you can still be well off compared to rivals with better players.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
ng Sonic >> thursday june 22 - 13:37
The question am still asking is why would 14,15,16 yr olds be recieving salaries?
ng Sonic
User
Registered2015-07-20
ng Sonicstar fc
nl Koen >> thursday june 22 - 13:42
Wow, big changes compared to the former experimental salaries. I do notice however that my total salarycost in the new experimental formula is lower then in the former one. I do have a lot of players trained in secondary skills though.
nl Koen
Registered2013-03-21
gr PMK >> thursday june 22 - 13:46
From double up now it's triple up in players salary for my team. Though it seems something wrong with the goalkeepers. Their salary went down a lot.
gr PMK
User
Registered2013-09-20
lv Snobs >> thursday june 22 - 13:50, Edited thursday june 22 - 13:58
@PMK, you say triple? :D
https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-1473041

Thanks for the changes! It's definitely step in the right direction, hopefully there won't be any big drawbacks of this

p.s just checked wages for goalies there are indeed some problem though, even for my young ST goalie salary went down..
lv Snobs
Community admin
Registered2015-06-06
lv Citizen Seducer
nl Vincent de Boer >> thursday june 22 - 14:09
@PMK: you have an exceptionally young team. These are indeed affected. Your salary is going up 2.3 times though, not 3 times. In the old formula the young players had a really low salary, so the fact that your total salaries are doubled doesn't mean you will now pay more than your rivals.

Keepers are indeed cheaper under the new formula because they have a lot more time to gain experience and lose it less quickly. The top keepers are still expensive but the weaker keepers are all cheaper.

@Koen: you also have a lot of talented old players. In the old formula these were very expensive because they got salary both for having a lot of XP/skills and for having high talent. I've reduced the impact of talent for those players on their wage because for a 32 year old talent is less important than for a 14 year old.

The players you are never going to sell have probably become more expensive than under the previous formula.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
ro Rapidist >> thursday june 22 - 14:10
My new team wage is more than triple :O
ro Rapidist
Registered2013-06-03
cn 弗格森 >> thursday june 22 - 14:10
@snobs that is a super talent, and he deserves a huge salary
cn 弗格森
User
Registered2013-05-13
lv Snobs >> thursday june 22 - 14:15
@Man.united, well - of course, https://rockingsoccer.com/en/soccer/info/player-1434122 - this guy is also super talent - I believe there are necessity to rise the wages for keepers also! Or at least adjust them somehow. Because in a team there are usually 2-3 keepers and I don't see why they should be less valuable than defenders... I believe it is vice versa - they should be more valuable
lv Snobs
Community admin
Registered2015-06-06
lv Citizen Seducer
lv Ar4ers >> thursday june 22 - 14:21
Big teams

"my total salarycost in the new experimental formula is lower then in the former one."

thanks Vincent to helping big teams again!
lv Ar4ers
User
Registered2014-12-30
lv Rīgas Dinamo
nl Vincent de Boer >> thursday june 22 - 14:30, Edited thursday june 22 - 14:39
@Rapidist: Your player's wage will be 2.5 times as high, that's not more than 3 times. It means you have good players. Congrats.

@Theo Galavan: I think you misread something. It will be lower than in the previous experimental formula, not than in the current formula. Koen will pay 3.3 times as much salary under the new formula (230% more). In comparison, a new team like https://rockingsoccer.com/nl/voetbal/info/team-17023 (the last really new manager to reply on the previous formula) will pay only 18% more.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
cn 弗格森 >> thursday june 22 - 14:34
@snobs goalkeepers do deserve good salary as well. agreed.
@theo The main rise before are older players with many skills for Koen. Now young players gets more and older players less. Maybe buying older top class player is a better option now
cn 弗格森
User
Registered2013-05-13
nl Vincent de Boer >> thursday june 22 - 14:37, Edited thursday june 22 - 14:38
@Snobs:
https://rockingsoccer.com/nl/voetbal/info/team-17023
is a supertalent, but only technically. He has really little XP for his age and his talent is ok but not exceptional.

https://rockingsoccer.com/nl/soccer/info/player-1473041
Is much more promising.

Comparing keepers with field players is hard, but in this case there is no comparison at all.
nl Vincent de Boer
Head Developer
Registered2012-10-15
nl Joost >> thursday june 22 - 14:45
For me the second change have almost no impact. It keeps 199k:relaxed:
nl Joost
User
Registered2016-06-30
nl FC OTB
il joest5 >> thursday june 22 - 14:51
It seems like you got it right with the new formula, Vincent.

Comparing my two teams then my first team (a top European team) salaries raised by 254% compared to the current salaries while in my second team the raise is only 5%. At least by comparing my two teams it seems like a very good formula (I maybe would have raised the top teams salaries even a litlle bit more), very fair for smaller teams.
il joest5
Translator
Registered2013-02-07